Signing and Driving.

From me, or someone else? I mean no aggression, I'm just very curious and it's not very fun to get sarcastic comments back, lol :lol:

You. All your threads about the behaviors by deaf people seem critical or condescending.

You. All your threads about the behaviors by deaf people seem critical or condescending.

Oh, it's certainly not like that, Reba. I'm just not familiar with such things. If my threads need to be deleted due to that, please get someone to do so. I'll use this advice to re-word things in the future. I'm sorry about this. :(

Hearing or deaf concentrate on driving.deaf or hearing save it until you stop.Hearing person tell another heari your husband having an affair I sure not want be in that car.Rather be in car deaf persons signs pull over need loo.It priority an situation

of course. You want me to sign while driving. I constantly sign "stop" to my husband. If i didn't he'd be getting all kinds of tickets because he isn't as careful a driver as i am.

I don't drive now due to legal blindness, so to keep the world safe, i have to coach his driving. ;)

Haha! ROFLMAO.

I hate when my friends sign while driving. It's dangerous!
Especially on the highway. Keep both of yer paws on the wheel. Sign with one hand, chat at stoplights and parking spaces! Or better yet, out of the car.
And Tinker, you're right. Having your hands off of the wheel is indeed dangerous when the car is moving.

OP needs to check out CODA Brothers on youtube. They have great skits on driving. :lol:

This interesting subject. When my wife and I travel and when she signed at me, I have t turned my head 90 degrees to the right then quickly eyes on the road. I missed some of her signing and I have to asked her to repeat it. She was ok by that. When I'm driving alone, sometime I get a call on my phone, I have my phone mounted on center of the windshield, just right above the dashboard and I only need to look at the interpreter 15 to 20 degrees and have ability to see the road at the same time. I use VCO, and I talk back to the phone. No problem at all (except getting disconnected once awhile, glad terp call back). My wife get mad at me using cell phone while I'm driving!!!! I told her that her signing to me is more dangerous than me using the cell phone!
She admitted that signing to me is not a good idea, even she think talking on cell phone is bad too! Hey I'm following the law that I'm NOT holding the phone? SMH

I hate when my friends sign while driving. It's dangerous!
Especially on the highway. Keep both of yer paws on the wheel. Sign with one hand, chat at stoplights and parking spaces! Or better yet, out of the car.
And Tinker, you're right. Having your hands off of the wheel is indeed dangerous when the car is moving.

So I assume you know absolutely no one who takes their cell phones out of their pockets, purse, pants, whatnot. And I assume you know of no one who talks or texts on said cell phones. And I assume you know of no one who fiddles with the radio or Bluetooth in the car, and so on. Basically, nobody keeps their hands and attention on the wheel at all times. Driving while deaf is no different. Thank you.

OP needs to check out CODA Brothers on youtube. They have great skits on driving. :lol:

I've seen those, and they are hilarious, but they are over-dramatized, satirical skits.

mom and i would sign when she is at the intersection if green light gonna wait till get home ;) I'm only one deaf in my family so go figures but mom is a interpreter so don't mind me ;)

Back