signatures with images

Luckysmile23 said:
How do i set up a randomizer? can i ask??? :)
You need your own server to host the randomizer file from. If you don't, I can host it on my server and you simply tell me where your pictures are. I'll add those URLs to the file and give you the source to the randomizer file.

You need to be able to run HTACCESS files from your server.

Cheri said:
Have you noticed there are a lot of Halloween signatures!, pretty soon Thanksgiving!, then Christmas! and then Happy New Year!, list goes on. *screaming* Wake me up when all those holidays are over.
I think that holiday signatures are often overused.

I think MAYBE, if Alex spice this AD up with holiday images - then, maybe the ADers wouldn't need to use double signature images .... what do ya think ?

I've seen some other hearin' forums usin' their holidays "dress-up" on their forums by owners. I think it is really NICE to please members to feel "spirit" with holidays.

Cheers !! :)

That still wouldn't do anything for load time. It would probably even make the problem worse.

cental34 said:
That still wouldn't do anything for load time. It would probably even make the problem worse.

i bet that if people only made their signatures with a maximum of 2 pictures, like i was told to do, it wouldn't load so slowly

well, frankly i prefer one image per signature or MAXIUM 100 pixels height, not 101 pixels or more. maybe two images wud be ok unless they are still under 100pixels height.

i was subtley trying to show the fact that, i was told by a mod to change my signatures, to lessen them, and i see a few people who have 3. im not whining or anything but im just saying....this should be applied to everyone, not just some. everyone or no one.

yea. they need to be addressed about the size and number of the images in signatures.

AJ said:
its just not being enforced. cant Alex delete a signature if he doesn't want it shown? it is his site after all.

Yes but he has also requested AD users to follow this rule, and they don't. He shouldn't have to take the time to edit it himself.

Technically, the rules state that signatures should have no more than ONE image.

deafclimber said:
ahhh i didnt know that Alex did address about that. cool. ! i support him.

well ADers do you agree what alex asks for this AD's sake ? i wud love to be an image mod to downsize these stuffy images ! :naughty:

Anyone to pass my motion for deafclimber as "stuffy" images moderator? :P

(AD artists run for your lives!!!!!!!!)

well since we have a complainer

i removed 2 extra sigs and just left it be... thats my MOST important sig the other i ll have to wait til after our anniversary

javapride said:
well since we have a complainer

i removed 2 extra sigs and just left it be... thats my MOST important sig the other i ll have to wait til after our anniversary

well java, i am sorry :tears: if ya feel the pain in the neck from me, but i know i am not only one that complain. everyone knows that AD requests one image per signature.

running the website, the web hosting isn't cheap in my web design experience field.

java, dont let me loose ya, my cyber friend. be my friend, puleaz :tears:

Hey, deafclimber Don't worry,:hug: You're not complaining only suggested that maybe we should be aware of our own signature. I mean Let's be fair with those who have 56K and those who have sidekicks. When members read other members's posts you have to scroll down to see the next person that's when a member's signature is huge.

I will fix mine, I'll have to ask Vampy for a tiny favor..... (as doing a randomizer) :ily:

ahh cheri thanks how sweet you are...
hug.gif
back to ya !

yeah.. :doh: look at miss p.. she have many signatures .. she havent read the rules? *rme* someone need to tell miss p to take them out and only use one isntead? sighs..

Back