Sign Question

Magatsu said:
I checked the 'wow' thru Reba's link. It is old sign for 'wow', not high-end ASL as I stated in my previous post.

I definitely have to get a webcam someday and install so I can upload and show to everyone who wants to know the sign and all to make everything easier...

Yeah I know what you mean, when people see something and they would form their right (or left) hand into the "Y" sign and bring it toward their nose or the proximity of the nose area on the face, and shake it back and forth in a "Left to Right" or "circular" gesture as to indicate that they are saying "WOW" or "that is remarkable" when they see a hot male/female walking down the street or they see an excellent show that has taken away their breath and they have to sign "Wow-Y" (I just made that up) to express their expression/opinion on that show...

Did I get that right, Magatsu?

PyrollisAhFiros said:
Yeah I know what you mean, when people see something and they would form their right (or left) hand into the "Y" sign and bring it toward their nose or the proximity of the nose area on the face, and shake it back and forth in a "Left to Right" or "circular" gesture as to indicate that they are saying "WOW" or "that is remarkable" when they see a hot male/female walking down the street or they see an excellent show that has taken away their breath and they have to sign "Wow-Y" (I just made that up) to express their expression/opinion on that show...

I rate it '10' :thumb:

You got it very good!

Reba said:
You can look up the words that you think might be what you saw on the ASL browser. The browser shows a short video for each sign. Then you can tell if that is what you saw.

For example, look up "yellow", "shave", "airplane", "gold", "blonde" and "California" to see if any of those signs match what you saw.

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm

Excellent link Reba! Thanks for that one, I'll check it out more from home!

or it could be a sign of "hang loose" or "yellow" qq

now that Ms has described the sign a bit more clearer

PyrollisAhFiros said:

yea i know what you mean.. but it depends on their hand shapes.. cuz some signers have stiff hands believe it or not so they dont sign as clearly as they should.. am i making sense??

Back