Sighs! Read this !

vrsterp said:
Did you miss the entire point? My point is how people are complaining about how greedy the gov't is. I simply said this is the same gov't who is giving FULLY-ABLE TO WORK people checks every month.

If you are not fully able to work, then this is not about you.

There are people who need help. I am all for helping them. Then there are people who get it for NO OTHER REASON than being deaf, all while saying "Nobody helps deaf people" "Deaf can do anything." Do you not see a problem there?

Again, I am ALL for helping people who need help, or people who really can't work. I'm not talking about them. And this is not about just deaf people who choose not to work. I disagree with giving anyone who is able to work a free ride. I digress. That is not the point here.

By the way, when a hearing person's mother is ill or dying, the hearing person has to still work through it or else be broke. They don't get to fall back on SSI. Just a note. and I'm sorry for your loss.

And another By the way..my ENTIRE family is deaf or codas. My opinions are my own. And most of my family has worked to get where they are today. And it pisses me off to hear someone talk about how they're held down because they're deaf. Its insulting to the deaf people who have busted their asses to get where they are. And it's an insult to my family.

ETA: EVERYONE starts out at crappy, low-wage jobs. You can't expect to go into the work force at $30 an hour. EVERYONE (hearing, deaf, blind, in a wheelchair, walking, whatever) starts out at the $5-whatever an hour. If you start out at more than that, you're lucky. You do what you can and keep trying to move up.

Ok that is cool with me those are your opinions. Now, let me ask you this. Yo8u say hearing owrk and have to work while taking care of ill parents. NOT ALWAYS TRUE they can take PAID leaves of absences. There are a variety of those they can get extended time off for.

Also, you say they dont have SSI to fall back on. Ok, ill buy that but if you-yourself was deaf with an impeccable resume and excellent job skills for the position y ou are applying for and repeatedly get overlooked for that position. Are you telling me you then would not use SSI to support yourself? Hell, my mother who WAS hearing was out of work for a FULL year looking for a job that FIT her skills. She applied for many of jobs that didnt AND was told your too overqualified!! LOl works both ways!

First of all I dont owe you any explaination why am I disabilty? I used to work two full time jobs and part time jobs altogether if you mind. I only slept three or four hours each day from Sunday thru Thurs then work on the weekend. I dont play around as you think or date with somebody to have fun yet. So there!

No need upbringing about SSI or SSDI that you dont realized there are many Deaf multiply disabilities inlcuding low functional, Mental Challengers, Mental Illness, and many others.. SO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

wait a minute isnt it some of those SAME lazy deaf people that are able to work and dont also keep you in YOUR job as a VRS terp?

well, tomorrow after get out from school then we will talk to some of deaf friends from CSUN or somewhere in LA about this shit, that getting more and more shit... government needs quit to talk about against on deaf people, enough and enough with bullshit. :mad:

Funny, this thread about Sorenson VRS needs our help voting to FCC, now its off topic, vrsterp points out Government gives check to deaf... :aw: then why u, vrsterp, are working as VRS interpreter or for VRS, disrespectful deaf who is getting on SSI and SSDI but needs their support voting FCC :shakehead:

HEY YOU vrsterp,

If it wasn't for us deafies in this society then the interpreters would not get the crunchy interpreter jobs. Enough of your egoism to turn against Deaf people. You are lucking to sit around and have fun to communicate with all kind of people thru Video Relay Service to make money. I would love to get that job that will fit me right after all I got my disability. I cannot lift anything that is over ten lbs. Thanks!

And interpreter are passing judgement without knowing the truth what if that same able-bodied person looks normal but has a underlying illness that know nothing about? That is a book by its cover.

Also some interpreters got a free ride to Deaf cruises so who is paying for it?? HUH! Back off for once! Thanks!

It s the Hearing Business World oppress us as much as I can see too much in this society.

So watch what you are saying to us Deafies. Thank you!

As far as I did warned you from the start.. Dont mess with me or any deafies. Thank you!

I have enough to say it aloud. I dont care if you dont like me because it s the truth.

Sighs!
Sweetmind

Once again...ignored the entire point.

Um and no it's not the "lazy deaf people" who are helping me keep my job (mind you, i never said lazy)

I know why I'm not a doctor. I know why I dropped out of college. Because *I* wasn't motivated enough to become a doctor. Because *I* wasn't motivated enough to stay in college. I take responsibility for my own actions.

I will AGAIN say THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THEM. I AM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO CAN but WON'T WORK. If that's not you, then quit getting so defensive. If you actually KNOW you need help, you wouldn't be getting defensive.

I'm simply saying (since someone ELSE took the thread offtopic) that when you say "i'm deaf...i can't..." You are insulting my father who has almost 30 years in with the city, my grandma who is retired from the post office, my aunt who still works at the post office, my grandfather who worked at and retired from Chrysler, my aunt who is a teacher, my uncle who is a social worker, my stepmom who is a librarian at a hearing school, a friend who has her pilot's license...among many others..who are ALL DEAF. By the way, we have never been a rich family, so don't play the money card. If you are deaf, and ONLY deaf (no other disability) then it's not "i can't." it's "I won't." Being successful takes work. I don't care if you're hearing/deaf/blind/black/white. I don't know where you got this theory that it comes easily to hearing people.

To whoever it was that said they won't support Sorenson anymore..that's fine. I'm not quite sure what that has to do with me or this thread. This thread is to stop the funding cuts for ALL vrs.

There are two sides to each coin. There were complaints about the government and how it won't help deaf people. I simply said this is the same government that is cutting checks for people who are able to work but refuse to. If that applies to you, then so be it. If it doesn't, then chill out.

Again, SORENSON is not the one who needs your help. VRS needs your help. That includes ALL vrs companies.

Sweetmind said:
HEY YOU vrsterp,

If it wasn't for us deafies in this society then the interpreters would not get the crunchy interpreter jobs. Enough of your egoism to turn against Deaf people. You are lucking to sit around and have fun to communicate with all kind of people thru Video Relay Service to make money. I would love to get that job that will fit me right after all I got my disability. I cannot lift anything that is over ten lbs. Thanks!
deafies. Thank you!

Sighs!
Sweetmind

Wow. You're delusional if you think that's what interpreting is. What does lifting over 10 lbs have to do with anything? I don't lift things over ten lbs. Why not become a CDI? A job is a job. It is WORK. You're dreaming if you think you're too good to take on a job because it's not going to be fun 24/7.

FreeWoman77 said:
Funny, this thread about Sorenson VRS needs our help voting to FCC, now its off topic, vrsterp points out Government gives check to deaf... :aw: then why u, vrsterp, are working as VRS interpreter or for VRS, disrespectful deaf who is getting on SSI and SSDI but needs their support voting FCC :shakehead:

Um..I'm not the one who needs your support. As long as you like VRS, YOU need the support.

TrippLA said:
well, tomorrow after get out from school then we will talk to some of deaf friends from CSUN or somewhere in LA about this shit, that getting more and more shit... government needs quit to talk about against on deaf people, enough and enough with bullshit. :mad:

elmir1thm.jpg

Why dont you go to the vantage point and watch the war of the deaf worlds. That's where I watched the LA deafs fight GLAD. And it's safe there too.

Richard

Ummm.. Excuse me, What is VRS, what does it stands for, and what is it for? Does anyone mind explaining this to me?

vrsterp said:
Um..I'm not the one who needs your support. As long as you like VRS, YOU need the support.

I have posted other thread I ain't vote means I can live without VRS, I bet many of VRS users are on SSI and SSDI, why are u working for VRS company u have made fun of them and need their support voting, what a :scatter:

Cheri said:
Ummm.. Excuse me, What is VRS, what does it stands for, and what is it for? Does anyone mind explaining this to me?

Video Relay Service, u're calling on ur Video phone similar with TTY calls

FreeWoman77 said:
Video Relay Service, u're calling on ur Video phone similar with TTY calls

Ohhh Duh! That's maybe the reason why I didn't know what VRS stands for because I don't have a video phone. ;)

By the way, Thanks!

Why not become a CDI? A job is a job. It is WORK. You're dreaming if you think you're too good to take on a job because it's not going to be fun 24/7.

CDI in South dakota and Florida.. I dont live there.. Thanks

What makes you think I am dreaming after all that I worked very hard that they dont have any remorse for what happened to me..

Bear said:
wait a minute isnt it some of those SAME lazy deaf people that are able to work and dont also keep you in YOUR job as a VRS terp?

I wish more deaf working less sitting at home/less time using VRS then FCC may cut many interpreters no longer needed

Cheri said:
Ohhh Duh! That's maybe the reason why I didn't know what VRS stands for because I don't have a video phone. ;)

By the way, Thanks!

no plm at all :)

vrsterp said:
Once again...ignored the entire point.

Um and no it's not the "lazy deaf people" who are helping me keep my job (mind you, i never said lazy)

I know why I'm not a doctor. I know why I dropped out of college. Because *I* wasn't motivated enough to become a doctor. Because *I* wasn't motivated enough to stay in college. I take responsibility for my own actions.

I will AGAIN say THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THEM. I AM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO CAN but WON'T WORK. If that's not you, then quit getting so defensive. If you actually KNOW you need help, you wouldn't be getting defensive.

I'm simply saying (since someone ELSE took the thread offtopic) that when you say "i'm deaf...i can't..." You are insulting my father who has almost 30 years in with the city, my grandma who is retired from the post office, my aunt who still works at the post office, my grandfather who worked at and retired from Chrysler, my aunt who is a teacher, my uncle who is a social worker, my stepmom who is a librarian at a hearing school, a friend who has her pilot's license...among many others..who are ALL DEAF. By the way, we have never been a rich family, so don't play the money card. If you are deaf, and ONLY deaf (no other disability) then it's not "i can't." it's "I won't." Being successful takes work. I don't care if you're hearing/deaf/blind/black/white. I don't know where you got this theory that it comes easily to hearing people.

To whoever it was that said they won't support Sorenson anymore..that's fine. I'm not quite sure what that has to do with me or this thread. This thread is to stop the funding cuts for ALL vrs.

There are two sides to each coin. There were complaints about the government and how it won't help deaf people. I simply said this is the same government that is cutting checks for people who are able to work but refuse to. If that applies to you, then so be it. If it doesn't, then chill out.

Again, SORENSON is not the one who needs your help. VRS needs your help. That includes ALL vrs companies.

I bet VRS is charged with telephone bills, or not sure.

Where WHoa what??

I went on long vacation to Disney and enjoy wander off my mind of stress I am current on.

The moment I got the news but glad the news went peace and hope the peace will last.

Enough about my issue and point to VRS and some of you. I am not saying a nagging.

My point of view that FCC have little bit bend the rules is reduce the fund. I think it is against the agreement due FCC demand all VRS to reduce waiting line and how do FCC expect that we get need for interpreter for our calls.

So I think its has to do something but sue VRS or 911? I don't think that has to do with them. It has to do with FCC and NSCE whatever that word negative to avoid spending money on us. Why not just pull all voice un-plug and only keep running on DATA. DATA mean videophone too!! so everyone can talk on Videophone for once of all!

In addition comment

I have notice one thing.... I think the rest of VRS are not telling us but Sorenson tell us the news. I think that care to show but yes the fund is important to VRS but not itself Sorenson. If no VRS and will depend on another VRS without Sorenson service; what will happen to VRS? Waiting line and all those will have same problem what Sorenson might face the fund reduce. Just remember, Government is looking for save out of pocket instead spending out of pocket. Sorenson or VRS is governer's insured avoid the conflict culture.

Back