Sighs! Read this !

TrippLA said:
Shit, I doubt federal will cut CC or eliminate subtitles from DVD... If do that then deaf people will have biggest march and protest, compared to people that march and protest about new immigrants bill.

hell, I'll start a riot

GalaxyAngel said:
geez..

Wha.. Gov't are total greedy.... All Gov't wants focus other things than Deaf!
That discrimation!

I agree :eek: :eek3: :bowdown: :Oops:

Think twice before turn out into a nasty ugly comments toward Deaf community or Deaf people 's abilities that they asked for more conflict interest between audism people and Deaf people 's rights.

Read this again please! sighs!

The gov't is also the one writing checks to deaf people who are fully able to work every month, too.

Sighs! Knock it off to put down on deaf people or hearing people who collected the govt check for a very good reason.

Then get your arses to fight for ADA laws to allow deaf people to have a job that doesnt affect our deafness. NO excuses to prevent Deaf people from working because of *MUST* HEAR AND SPEAK only. Dont forget many Deaf people can do anything except hear. JEEZ!

Hearing people get away with ADA laws because they dont want to hire an interpreter that will cost them money to pay for it. Every meeting that we do not have any interpreter that doesnt help us to listen or understand their meetings. For god s sake! Stop blaming on deaf people for not having a job. Scoffs!

I m so fed up with your negative audism attitude. :rifle: It s always Deaf people 's faults all the time. For pete s sake!!!

This society needs to straight up their ATTITUDE toward any disabilities. PERIOD!

Sweetmind said:

Sighs! Knock it off to put down on deaf people or hearing people who collected the govt check for a very good reason.

Then get your arses to fight for ADA laws to allow deaf people to have a job that doesnt affect our deafness. NO excuses to prevent Deaf people from working because HEAR AND SPEAK only. JEEZ!

I m so fed up with your negative audism attitude.

You cannot be serious.

Collecting gov't checks for a good reason? Being deaf is a good reason? Good to know. So much for that equality and "deaf can do anything" stuff, eh?

By the way, thats what EOE means. Equal opportunity employer. The ADA supports your right to be able to work. If you choose not to, you've no one to blame but yourself. And you can sit and bitch and moan about how horrible and greedy the government and hearing people are while you sit on your ass and have the horrible hearing people working so the greedy government can write you a check for no other purpose than you being deaf.

Sweetmind said:

Then get your arses to fight for ADA laws to allow deaf people to have a job that doesnt affect our deafness. NO excuses to prevent Deaf people from working because of *MUST* HEAR AND SPEAK only. Dont forget many Deaf people can do anything except hear. JEEZ!

You got to be kidding. Most deaf people who collect SSI or SSDI are capable of getting a job - but most would rather play around, etc. Look at these immigrants - they dont even speak English yet do jobs that no one would do. But that is for another topic. *RME*

Sweetmind said:

And I'm not the one who needs to get off my ass and do something. If you want things to change, then get off your ass and do it. I'm not going to fight for you. I already get off my ass and go to work so you don't have to.

I'm fed up with YOUR negative "poor me, i'm deaf" attitude all while saying "deaf can do anything" PICK ONE.

I dont feel sorry for myself because i am freaking deaf..

GET A LIFE! Blame blame is not doing any good until you change your attitude and do something about ADA law that doesnt apply to many deafies in this society .. MIND YOU!

Thank you so much.. then I will not support sorenson so I can go somewhere else.. Thank goodness I did not email them.. Thank you! YOUR LOSS

Sweetmind said:
I dont feel sorry for myself because i am freaking deaf..

GET A LIFE! Blame blame is not doing any good until you change your attitude and do something about ADA law that doesnt apply to many deafies in this society .. MIND YOU!

Are you talking to yourself? You are the one who is blaming everything.

NOPE I m talking about blaming deaf people 100 percent s fault. Everything is Deaf faults all the time .. OOOOO ALL HEARING people is so perfect and have a wonderful attitude which is full of it.

You lied to yourself and others that I do not appreciate it at all.

DEaf is bad bad bad bad bad no good no good no good ;lazy lazy lazy dumb dumb dumb cant cant thats what people are doing it to us in this society Sheesh!

guido said:
:roll:

VRS and any other relay services aren't going anywhere. If anything, they're cutting the wasteful spending. These companies are profitting far too much from the FCC, and something needs to be done. And for those who are absolutely screaming that your rights are being violated. That's horse shit. There is nothing in the ADA about a minimum that the FCC has to reiumburse relay providers. The FCC has always tooken good care of the deaf community and listened to what they have to say. Relay rates have been cut several times since last year, and of course Sorenson is going to bitch. They're a giant corporation. It's their purpose to make as much money as possible. Your VRS service is not going anywhere.
That's right.. VRS aren't going away.. just that all VRS's OUTREACH funding are in jeopardy of being eliminated. we have to look at sweetmind's first post to see the part where it says "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?" read that to understand what's going to happen if passed. It does not say that VRS is going to be gone.. we should stop panicking like we did with NAD's fear about Closed Captioning conspiracy theory. Just calm down and read carefully and use logic thinking.

Sweetmind said:
NOPE I m talking about blaming deaf people 100 percent s fault. Everything is Deaf faults all the time .. OOOOO ALL HEARING people is so perfect and have a wonderful attitude which is full of it.

You lied to yourself and others that I do not appreciate it at all.

DEaf is bad bad bad bad bad ;lazy lazy lazy dumb dumb dumb Sheesh!

Huh? I have never said Deaf is bad. We all never said that - we only want every deaf child to have ALL tools. It doenst mean we think being deaf is bad.

Heck Im proud of being deaf myself and I m proud that I have a very good job. It is because I worked my butt off, not play around and rely on SSI or SSDI. I did not have ADA to help me - I showed them by my work experiences and skills period.

Sweetmind said:
Sweetmind 's

Now, I think FCC is violated our Ada laws that is our Deaf rights.

So do you ever think that is actually that we have the right to have a real independent that Deaf people can do anything except hear?

How come didnt Government says they want Deaf people to be independent??

How can you be independent if they are taking away the access away from you to allow that freedom to be independent without their support?

That would turn out a very positive outlook for Deaf children 's future. They have violated our rights and is taking what is rightful yours to live in this world independence citizens.

Think twice before turn out into a nasty ugly comments toward Deaf community or Deaf people 's abilities that they asked for more conflict interest between audism people and Deaf people 's rights.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Yes ...it is violated!!!

SxyPorkie

I think Sweetmind did not read it clearly.

It merely said that it could eliminate OUTREACH - I think all of us know about VRS by now. I am constantly bombarded by Sprint, HOVRS and Sorensen about availability of VRS. I havent yet met a deaf person who never heard of VRS. :dunno:

You are full of it and read the first comment I have said it to think twice before you turn out negative comments about deaf people but you violated already to bring up the negative issue about deaf people s ssi and ssdi.. JEEZ! NONE OF YOUR CONCERNS if you mind..

I am not going to support sorenson because of this person who have a very negative attitude about deaf s govt check that she doesnt know NOTHING about more than just being deaf if you mind.

vrsterp said:
And I'm not the one who needs to get off my ass and do something. If you want things to change, then get off your ass and do it. I'm not going to fight for you. I already get off my ass and go to work so you don't have to.

I'm fed up with YOUR negative "poor me, i'm deaf" attitude all while saying "deaf can do anything" PICK ONE.

*sighs* when are YOU people going to learn to shut your traps and your rants about deaf and SSI or SSDI?

I am so sick of this, and it is a big turn off to hear it all the time. IF YOU DONT WANT people of ANY type collecting SSI checks then I suggest you get off your ass and find a way for someone who is blind to work. AND I MEAN ANY JOB, NOT just your usual low paid minimum wage jobs that will give them the time of day. I SUGGEST YOU FIND AND FORCE PEOPLE to hire those that cant walk, has no arms and no legs, has health problems up the KAZOO! And I also suggest you FIND a job willing to let me WORK from home with NO MONEY UP FRONT and not a scam!! With NO SKILLS FOR a computer job at all!! AND still have time to take care of sick parents!!!!

YOU ARE A VRSTERP!!! Not a good example to be setting for us!!! WHAT NO UNDERSTANDING? NO COMPASSION??? ARE YOU YOURSELF DEAF????? If NOTA then shut up!!! Geez, do you have any idea what we face when looking for a damn job? There are FEW and I mean FEW employers willing to hire deaf people!! WORSE live in a small town area where there are no deaf like me!!!!

I lived on SSI for years and let me tell you I BARELY lived on it at all!! The only reason WHY i now even own my own home is because MY OWN Relatives helped me!!! Think the government did? HELL NO!! They keep you living just barely above poverty level!!! And sometimes not even above poverty level!

You wanna just HOLLER and LABEL us as deaf being LAZY and hollering discrimination for an EXCUSE not true!! My mother died in March after many years of taking care of her and not working! YES ON SSI and taking care of a very very ill mother! Got a problem with that??? Been looking for a job since a week after MY MOTHER DIED!! No time to grieve or mourn NOTHING!!

Simply cause I said now mom is gone, it is time for me to find a job and get a better life now!!! But STILL LOOKING!!! Why? NO ONE is willing to give the deaf a chance!! Simple as that! LIKE It or not!!

I had just as good if not better qualifications than the other applicants they got the job! I didnt gee wonder why? COULD IT BE BECAUSE THEY WERE HEARING AND I WASNT??

If this is an example of Sorenson Interpreters and how they think of the deaf world then I want nothing to do with it. I will be seriously considering sending my VP back. I am going to be seriously considering if this is a company I would want to support.

Sorry big turn off. And it is a huge turn-off to see that people just shoot off with the mouth about SSI without considering what they are saying. DEAF or NOT some people do need it and wouldnt be able to live without it.

Bear

Bear said:
*sighs* when are YOU people going to learn to shut your traps and your rants about deaf and SSI or SSDI?

I am so sick of this, and it is a big turn off to hear it all the time. IF YOU DONT WANT people of ANY type collecting SSI checks then I suggest you get off your ass and find a way for someone who is blind to work. AND I MEAN ANY JOB, NOT just your usual low paid minimum wage jobs that will give them the time of day. I SUGGEST YOU FIND AND FORCE PEOPLE to hire those that cant walk, has no arms and no legs, has health problems up the KAZOO! And I also suggest you FIND a job willing to let me WORK from home with NO MONEY UP FRONT and not a scam!! With NO SKILLS FOR a computer job at all!! AND still have time to take care of sick parents!!!!

YOU ARE A VRSTERP!!! Not a good example to be setting for us!!! WHAT NO UNDERSTANDING? NO COMPASSION??? ARE YOU YOURSELF DEAF????? If NOTA then shut up!!! Geez, do you have any idea what we face when looking for a damn job? There are FEW and I mean FEW employers willing to hire deaf people!! WORSE live in a small town area where there are no deaf like me!!!!

I lived on SSI for years and let me tell you I BARELY lived on it at all!! The only reason WHY i now even own my own home is because MY OWN Relatives helped me!!! Think the government did? HELL NO!! They keep you living just barely above poverty level!!! And sometimes not even above poverty level!

You wanna just HOLLER and LABEL us as deaf being LAZY and hollering discrimination for an EXCUSE not true!! My mother died in March after many years of taking care of her and not working! YES ON SSI and taking care of a very very ill mother! Got a problem with that??? Been looking for a job since a week after MY MOTHER DIED!! No time to grieve or mourn NOTHING!!

Simply cause I said now mom is gone, it is time for me to find a job and get a better life now!!! But STILL LOOKING!!! Why? NO ONE is willing to give the deaf a chance!! Simple as that! LIKE It or not!!

I had just as good if not better qualifications than the other applicants they got the job! I didnt gee wonder why? COULD IT BE BECAUSE THEY WERE HEARING AND I WASNT??

If this is an example of Sorenson Interpreters and how they think of the deaf world then I want nothing to do with it. I will be seriously considering sending my VP back. I am going to be seriously considering if this is a company I would want to support.

Sorry big turn off. And it is a huge turn-off to see that people just shoot off with the mouth about SSI without considering what they are saying. DEAF or NOT some people do need it and wouldnt be able to live without it.

Bear

Did you miss the entire point? My point is how people are complaining about how greedy the gov't is. I simply said this is the same gov't who is giving FULLY-ABLE TO WORK people checks every month.

If you are not fully able to work, then this is not about you.

There are people who need help. I am all for helping them. Then there are people who get it for NO OTHER REASON than being deaf, all while saying "Nobody helps deaf people" "Deaf can do anything." Do you not see a problem there?

Again, I am ALL for helping people who need help, or people who really can't work. I'm not talking about them. And this is not about just deaf people who choose not to work. I disagree with giving anyone who is able to work a free ride. I digress. That is not the point here.

By the way, when a hearing person's mother is ill or dying, the hearing person has to still work through it or else be broke. They don't get to fall back on SSI. Just a note. and I'm sorry for your loss.

And another By the way..my ENTIRE family is deaf or codas. My opinions are my own. And most of my family has worked to get where they are today. And it pisses me off to hear someone talk about how they're held down because they're deaf. Its insulting to the deaf people who have busted their asses to get where they are. And it's an insult to my family.

ETA: EVERYONE starts out at crappy, low-wage jobs. You can't expect to go into the work force at $30 an hour. EVERYONE (hearing, deaf, blind, in a wheelchair, walking, whatever) starts out at the $5-whatever an hour. If you start out at more than that, you're lucky. You do what you can and keep trying to move up.

violinm.gif

Back