Sidekick (Voice Plan, HOW ???)

Y

Reaction score
Sidekick have both voice and data plan...

How to use the sidekick voice plan for hearing people
to call me through Relay ?

What phone number should
we give to hearing people if they prefer to
make a regular phone call to me thru Relay ?

Y said:
Sidekick have both voice and data plan...

How to use the sidekick voice plan for hearing people
to call me through Relay ?

What phone number should
we give to hearing people if they prefer to
make a regular phone call to me thru Relay ?

Hearing people can use sidekick to call relay service at 711 or states' TRS number. If use voice plan. I hear lately that hearing are complain on sidekick that has poor audio for them to hear.

I mean how can a hearing person call
to a deaf person who has a sidekick ?
Example: Hearing person using voice call
toward a deaf person with sidekick
How ?

I have no idea but using my logicially.

hearing people should call operator to leave notes to deaf's email??? I dont know if operator can send emails to deafies. You makes me think too hard!! LOL

Frisky Feline said:
I have no idea but using my logicially.

hearing people should call operator to leave notes to deaf's email??? I dont know if operator can send emails to deafies. You makes me think too hard!! LOL

Yeah i undy how difficult to think hard
about this. Nice to give deafies options
whether to accept any voice calls
into E-mail AND/or AIM. Sometimes
it's better to use real time conversations
immediately from VOICE to AIM on a
right timing... then sometimes it's better
to convert from VOICE to E-mail.

It's almost ALWAYS nice to have options
to choose either e-mail and/or AIM
converting from VOICE......

Y,

I found the solutions -- people now can place calls to me on any wireless device I own. Their voice gets converted into an email message, and there is caller ID at the top of the email, so I can call them back. It's just like voicemail to them, they don't even need to know I am deaf. I can finally put a phone number on my own business card without needing to include relay instructions!

Text-To-Voice: www.phonewire.com/voicemail or [color=red]www.dictomail.com[/color]

Works on any device that accepts email (cellphone, SMS, Blackberry, TREO, Hiptop, alpha pager etc). Choose your provider, Verizon, Sprint, TMobile, Nextel, FuseWireless, etc, and benefit from the best coverage.

I no longer need to worry whether or not my cellphone provider provides deaf-friendly features. I buy the features separately now, and choose the best device on the best coverage! It costs extra, but not too much extra, and you can switch cellphones much more easily to the "Next Big Thing".

(I also managed to get IP-Relay to work on MOST wireless devices too -- see my other post. It works on TREO and Blackberry too!)

It costs extra... but I gain:
(1) Device independence
(2) Provider independence
(3) Ability to switch devices

Last edited:
Y said:
I mean how can a hearing person call
to a deaf person who has a sidekick ?
Example: Hearing person using voice call
toward a deaf person with sidekick
How ?

too expensive to pay add each month with Dict-O-Mail or any other outside service. :cry:

Sidekick suck. Get TDD only. hahahaha

Y, hello....
I believe thru IP-Relay--no additional cost that I am aware of....if you are on your computer and using IP-Relay, there will be an icon of a telephone ringing when a hearing person calls you and you just type away to your heart's content! If you are away from your computer, that same call will be re-routed to your SideKick.........I'm not really a whiz at this tech stuff but the above idea is what I am given to understand......So look up Ip-Relay....I think its from MCI..........best wishes....

Y.....
Hello, again, a correction on what I said above(from my wife). You get a free Nextalk CD from MCI(or download it from your computer at Iprelay.com). Then you will get the benefits I mentioned above. You take the call on your computer like I said before. But if you are not at your computer, the call will be re-routed and displayed as text on your Sidekick. Neat, eh? Cheers....

Tousi said:
Y.....
Hello, again, a correction on what I said above(from my wife). You get a free Nextalk CD from MCI(or download it from your computer at Iprelay.com). Then you will get the benefits I mentioned above. You take the call on your computer like I said before. But if you are not at your computer, the call will be re-routed and displayed as text on your Sidekick. Neat, eh? Cheers....

umm.. Y said, she don't want sidekick. In fact, she don't have one. :)

Illustrator, hello, there...
Hmmm, where did Y say, on this board, that she doesn't want a Sidekick?

About the sound quality on a sidekick: I have a side kick and use the phone part of it as my only phone. The quality is good. The only problem is when I'm in a loud place the phone volume doesn't really get as loud as I'd like, but this is really a rare problem.

But if you have a sidekick and your hearing friend has a sidekick whywould they TTY you? Why not just use the AIM function or email?

Mark Rejhon said:
Y,

I found the solutions -- people now can place calls to me on any wireless device I own. Their voice gets converted into an email message, and there is caller ID at the top of the email, so I can call them back. It's just like voicemail to them, they don't even need to know I am deaf. I can finally put a phone number on my own business card without needing to include relay instructions!

Text-To-Voice: www.phonewire.com/voicemail or [color=red]www.dictomail.com[/color]

Works on any device that accepts email (cellphone, SMS, Blackberry, TREO, Hiptop, alpha pager etc). Choose your provider, Verizon, Sprint, TMobile, Nextel, FuseWireless, etc, and benefit from the best coverage.

I no longer need to worry whether or not my cellphone provider provides deaf-friendly features. I buy the features separately now, and choose the best device on the best coverage! It costs extra, but not too much extra, and you can switch cellphones much more easily to the "Next Big Thing".

(I also managed to get IP-Relay to work on MOST wireless devices too -- see my other post. It works on TREO and Blackberry too!)

It costs extra... but I gain:
(1) Device independence
(2) Provider independence
(3) Ability to switch devices

That's a good one THANKS.. But, the Sidekick
SHOULD provide this same feature (excactly the
same as dictomail or phonewire) added to
their features list as part of the package !!

Sidekick have two different plans: "Data plan"
and/or "Voice & data plan" ... If Sidekick owner
use voice will pay bit more than the data plan...
therefore why should we have to pay extra
for either Dictomail/Phonewire ??!!? whereas
this Sidekick SHOULD provide this service
as part of the voice/data plan package.

Tousi said:
Illustrator, hello, there...
Hmmm, where did Y say, on this board, that she doesn't want a Sidekick?

Illustrator is correct... I do NOT want any
Sidekick ONLY because these Sidekick
still do NOT have their own feature added
for voice to text programs just like
Dictophone or Phonewire... I want to
give out as an example:

Y@Tmail.com
Voice: 711-888-8888
TTY: 711-888-9999

When a hearing person call 711-888-8888
WITHOUT having to call any relay and then
leave a message directly on that phone number
and then their voice message is automatically
converted to text email directly to: Y@tmail.com
(again, WITHOUT having to go through any Relay)....

When I reply back using Sidekick e-mail back
to the hearing person, I want my e-mail to be
converted back to voice automaticlly to this
hearing person without having to go thru any Relay.

I mean if Sidekick provide this service
(without extra charges) then I would be
very interested in purchasing Sidekick
so that way I do NOT have to worry about
another additional bill from dictophone/phonewire....

To be clear, I want to see both ways from
VOICE-to-Text and Text-to-VOICE...
as well as Text-to-Text...

Last edited:
Yea, I am confuse.. Don't know what to get it.. Blackberry or just plain one..

Is there a blueberry, strawberry, orange, grape sidesick.. :giggle:
:D Just kidding...

Sabrina said:
I am still very confused which should I get sidekick or blackberry for a month now. *big sigh* :|

I check on www.fusewireless.com It is sale right now...

If you want AIM on Blackberry, I think it required to download or have it install something. I am sure Mark know something. Mark? Mark? :)

And.... the big good thing about Blackberry is powerful e-mail. :smoking:

illustrator said:
If you want AIM on Blackberry, I think it required to download or have it install something. I am sure Mark know something. Mark? Mark? :)

And.... the big good thing about Blackberry is powerful e-mail. :smoking:

Pardon me ... Who heck Mark is ??

Back