Showdown at Gallaudet!

Tent City is alive and well. Right now we have about 20 tents set up, and people are staying overnight. The administration has threatened to have students arrested, but as long as we aren't breaking any laws they can't do anything.

Tent City is alive and well. Right now we have about 20 tents set up, and people are staying overnight. The administration has threatened to have students arrested, but as long as we aren't breaking any laws they can't do anything.

DC police refused arrest them since they just stay in tent or chatting thats all, not violation or anything else... Gallaudet ADM always gave students hard time and threat them, but students still ignore all Gallaudet ADM

Protest at Gallaudet is getting stronger!! DPS (campus security) has to call DC Police for help them out during BoT's meeting on today and tmw to prevent all students revenge at BoT's meeting... Right now, HMB (school classroom) are LOCKDOWN!!! There also new name on the Building, WAB (Washburn Art Building) changed to Linda Jorday Art Gallery, als SAC changed to I. King Jordan Student Center and ALOT students and alumni are very upset abt this, someone threw apple juice at Linda Jordan, which I cant believe it on this incident... I will more update if I find more info on many deaf bloggers such as RidorLive.com, Elisa's Xanga, DeafBison.net (newest one)

gufssa.com says that DPS officers stormed the building this morning and caused injuries, but left with the building still locked down.

Gally's Public Relations Daily Digest says there were no injuries, and that DC Police may have to remove them.

Which is true?

Protest at Gallaudet is getting stronger!! DPS (campus security) has to call DC Police for help them out during BoT's meeting on today and tmw to prevent all students revenge at BoT's meeting... Right now, HMB (school classroom) are LOCKDOWN!!! There also new name on the Building, WAB (Washburn Art Building) changed to Linda Jorday Art Gallery, als SAC changed to I. King Jordan Student Center and ALOT students and alumni are very upset abt this, someone threw apple juice at Linda Jordan, which I cant believe it on this incident... I will more update if I find more info on many deaf bloggers such as RidorLive.com, Elisa's Xanga, DeafBison.net (newest one)

They need to grow up. Throwing juice at someone is very CHILDISH behavior!

Farewell, my friend works at gally. She told me that someone threw the apple juice to King, even spit at him too. Also told me that there were feces on the floor of SAC.

gufssa.com says that DPS officers stormed the building this morning and caused injuries, but left with the building still locked down.

Gally's Public Relations Daily Digest says there were no injuries, and that DC Police may have to remove them.

Which is true?

Click this link to see one of DPS officer assaulted, but I watched this clip for few times and I think students started it since I knew pretty good with police's law, if someone pushed police (no matter little or hard push) and police has rights to push them back and arrest, so watch this clip careful... Assault on Deaf Gallaudet Students\ - blip.tv (beta)

Read Jesse Thomas' blog http://www.xanga.com/powhog/535623135/sbg-office--421-am.html, click this link and scroll down to see time 9:29 am and he will explained every details when he was with DPS officer at all time during assault's incident

Gallaudet's PR sent to all Gallaudet community is whole lied, pls read RidorLive.com or elisawrites.com (formely Elisa's Xanga) for more info...

Farewell, my friend works at gally. She told me that someone threw the apple juice to King, even spit at him too. Also told me that there were feces on the floor of SAC.

Yea, someone actually did threw apple juice to Linda Jordan, not I. King but wasnt sure if someone actually did spit on her...

Embarrassed

I am an Alumni of Gallaudet University. I am extremely embarrrassed by this. It is an unacceptable behavior. Sigh ... If the students are not happy that Jane is a newly president which will begin in January '07. They can always choose to withdraw and find the different school. Losing number of the students can easily affect Gallaudet's reputation. Riot, bashing etc etc are not going to help!

I am very neutral on this issue because I am no longer a student there!

I am an Alumni of Gallaudet University. I am extremely embarrrassed by this. It is an unacceptable behavior. Sigh ... If the students are not happy that Jane is a newly president which will begin in January '07. They can always choose to withdraw and find the different school. Losing number of the students can easily affect Gallaudet's reputation. Riot, bashing etc etc are not going to help!

I am very neutral on this issue because I am no longer a student there!
I agree with you. I am glad that I left Gally long time ago. I dont need any drama. Its too embarrassed.

I'm glad I attended only for a semester at Gally.

I've been trying to find a rational reason for why they want JFK out like if she's not qualified or if she has poor creditenals. I've not been able to find any on some of the protesters blogs.

I don't think I'd want to return if that's how it's going to be.

Last edited:
Ya believe in BLOG?? My friend works at GALLY!!

Fine, ur friend work at Gallaudet as what? I am working SRA (residence hall staff) and many students always stop by RH office and tell me whats going on portest and all bs!

Ya believe in BLOG?? My friend works at GALLY!!

IKJ himself confirmed that someything was thrown at him in this mornins letter to the campus community. A prior Gally PR email said it was orange juice. These were sent out by the University this weekend.

IKJ himself confirmed that someything was thrown at him in this mornins letter to the campus community. A prior Gally PR email said it was orange juice. These were sent out by the University this weekend.

Remmy Gallaudet PR always sent false information...

Back