Showdown at Gallaudet!

I'm sorry for those who disagree about the protest. It is OK to agree to disagree. I am fine with that.

I do feel that the protest is for a very good cause. It is about the social injustice that the Gallaudet Administrators has been up to. It is not about how "deaf enough" Jane is. It is also about the question of her leadership ability. She had 6 years to do that as a Provost at Gallaudet University to be able to redeem herself on that postition.

Where is the student's rights to be able to vote for a president? Where are the student's right to be able to govern a university? After all, the students are the one who is keeping the university running. They are the one that pays for the tuition, foods and boarding costs. They are the heart of the university. Just as if supposedly, If the congress had chose and elected a President for the USA without the citizen's approval? How would that make you feel? That alone would have made you outraged and that in order is something that Gallaudet University's Board of Trustees needs to look at. There has been more oppression to go on at the University. It is not about how Jane is. It is about how the Administration has been treating the Faculty, Students, Staff and Alumni. We want a better president who knows it's way through the system and a president who will be able to carry us through for the better and to get on to the next level (or better yet, go beyond the plateau).

Please name one national university where students elect their own president/chancellor.

I'm all for democracy, but you don't bitch and moan when the election is over.

Just got confirmation that the Gallaudet Homecoming game will be held at Maryland School for the Deaf in Frederick on Sat, Oct 21st at 7 PM EST.

Yes, I spoke with the assistant football coach. The athletic director and MSD got everything worked out so it will be a full 100% college football game. I forgot the other college that Gallaudet will be playing against. There is a march to Congress planned at 9 AM, then a rally at Gallaudet all afternoon and then zoom to the football game. Sounds like a lot of driving for homecoming, huh?

I went to Gally when I was a freshman for one year (1990-1991). I have had wonderful memories when I attended there. However, the main reason why I didn't stay was that because I felt that the classes at Gally weren't challenging enough for me.

To me, Gally is the center of deaf culture and where deaf people gather to exchange information. However, I don't see this school as a good school to get an education (especially undergraduate studies) despite the technological upgrades that Gally have had which is wonderful.

I have heard and read about the protests as of late. I wonder if the students and the deaf community are taking it too far.

Lots of deaf people take pride in who is the leader at Gally and basically of the deaf world. I understand that. But people need to understand that Gally is a SCHOOL, a university that is run by similar guidelines by other universities or colleges in choosing a president.

Now, lots of people dislike Jane F. for various reasons but... the question remains... Are those valid reasons?

For me, I don't know. Would she be a good president? Most people say no. That's a fact, I believe.

The downside to all of this is that lots of hearing people see this protest as a joke. They are stating that the students do not have a right to protest. But the students do have a right to transfer to a different college.

But the problem is this... There is no other university just like Gally. Lots of deaf students do not want to use interpreters in a mainstream setting. Or, that the classes will be too difficult.

Those are my thoughts.

HC fball game postponed? Wheres proof such as link or any bs? Ofc, all events on campus are postponed, not off campus events such as ballroom at ESPNZone, few class renuions are still on since Gallaudet has nothing do with off campus HC events

Now abt protest, I wish protest will be over ASAP since protest caused MSSD football games canelled for 2 times!! When they will stop protest????

What's ASAP?

I'm sorry for those who disagree about the protest. It is OK to agree to disagree. I am fine with that.

I do feel that the protest is for a very good cause. It is about the social injustice that the Gallaudet Administrators has been up to. It is not about how "deaf enough" Jane is. It is also about the question of her leadership ability. She had 6 years to do that as a Provost at Gallaudet University to be able to redeem herself on that postition.

Where is the student's rights to be able to vote for a president? Where are the student's right to be able to govern a university? After all, the students are the one who is keeping the university running. They are the one that pays for the tuition, foods and boarding costs. They are the heart of the university. Just as if supposedly, If the congress had chose and elected a President for the USA without the citizen's approval? How would that make you feel? That alone would have made you outraged and that in order is something that Gallaudet University's Board of Trustees needs to look at. There has been more oppression to go on at the University. It is not about how Jane is. It is about how the Administration has been treating the Faculty, Students, Staff and Alumni. We want a better president who knows it's way through the system and a president who will be able to carry us through for the better and to get on to the next level (or better yet, go beyond the plateau).

Yea, I agree. :)

For support the protest at Gallaudet then add "Unity for Gallaudet" on your avatar or signature.

I got it, thanks for helping...

Farewall, Does MSSD can ignore or handle with protest during football game?

No, MSSD cant ignore or handle the protest since other schools made decided to cancelled or IKJ also made decided... Next weekend, MSSD will travel to St. Augustine, FL to play against FSDB and they make sure MSSD wont cancel other game since its away game, but the plm is will all students allowed charter bus enter MSSD????? Charter Bus is pretty big and for sure its wont fit enter gate of 6th st...

No, MSSD cant ignore or handle the protest since other schools made decided to cancelled or IKJ also made decided... Next weekend, MSSD will travel to St. Augustine, FL to play against FSDB and they make sure MSSD wont cancel other game since its away game, but the plm is will all students allowed charter bus enter MSSD????? Charter Bus is pretty big and for sure its wont fit enter gate of 6th st...

Really, I don't know...

Oh well, Good luck for them to go football game at FSDB.

Charter Bus is pretty big and for sure its wont fit enter gate of 6th st...

I used to drive a bus. I don't see why one won't fit through the gate? There's one tight turn to make, but a good bus driver should have no trouble.

I used to drive a bus. I don't see why one won't fit through the gate? There's one tight turn to make, but a good bus driver should have no trouble.

6th st gate? Check out urself...

Gallaudet shuttle bus can get thru the 6th st gate - same thing with charter.

I do not see a problem with that.

IF tank, that would be a problem!

Well, Farewell is probably means for during protest on 6th St. Gate and it make area looks bad and messed up.

I drove thru the 6th street gate last night, no protesters in there, just DPS security were checking the cars.

The protesters are located at the front gate, back of gallaudet campus, mssd gate, and that is it.

Haha, remmy shuttle bus is normal while charter bus is too big!! I think charter bus only can enter either front gate or MSSD gate, but all students blocked front gate while protestors put chain and lock it on MSSD gate, so see and wait till this weekend...

Back