Should You Let Ur Pet Sleep in Ur Bed?

my dog sometimes like to sleep on the bed with me under the covers in the winter but in summmer prefer to sleep on her own bed.

I have my dog sleep in bed with me to keep him out of trouble! When he sleep on the w/w rug he made holes in it! For some reason he does not do that when sleeping in my bed! Maybe he was mad at me for having him sleep on the floor! I had one dog I would not allow on my bed. I had to leave her alone for a few hours so I gave her a nice big raw soup bone to keep her happy. When I got back home I found the bone buried in the middle of my bed! My dog had made huge hole in the mattress and put her bone in it! I wonder if I had allow her to sleep in bed if she would still had done that! She told me what to do with that bone!

I think it wouldn't be great idea to have animal sleep with human on bed or they would accident have human-animal activate together. I afraid that would happen. omg omg omomg....

LOL! U are silly! :lol:

No matter how much I loved my cats they never slept with me 'cause I didn't want to. I always woke up every time they turned around or made noise or whatever.

So a pet in my bed / bedroom is (unfortunately) out of question!

I'm not even mentioning cat hair on my pillow!!!! :mad2: It would drive me nuts :giggle:

That's how I feel about my dog. I tried having her sleep on our bed..she kept moving too much and the dog hair was making me sneeze. She also prefers to sleep in her crate anyway.

I have my dog sleeping on my bed on his blanket. As single woman i feel safer with him on my bed, I also have a cat she sleeps in the dog bed in the kitchen! She likes it there.

All our pets slept on our bed, yes even Wooky the rabbit!

Growing up my sisters and I would fight for who slept with the dogs. I tell you this, our pets had the canine lifestyle of the comfortable and cozy!

No way would we kick them out of bed, they would kick us out of our own beds and we would oblige them & sleep on the couch! :lol:

And does Wooky leaves pellets on the bed? :shock:

:lol: My kids fight over who can sleep with the dog also. So one take one dog the other takes the other. I let them rotate. Or sometimes I simply allow the dogs to decide who they want to sleep with.

I have my dog sleeping on my bed on his blanket. As single woman i feel safer with him on my bed, I also have a cat she sleeps in the dog bed in the kitchen! She likes it there.

The dogs we have are Chihuahuas, they usually just curl up under the blanket with whomever they are sleeping with. During the day they sleep in their beds in the living room.

I have a cat. But unfortunately I can not allow the cat sleep with me due to my allergies.

I do love my cat. but when I have my cat sitting with me to pet it and hold it. I have to wash my hands good, and make sure I do not touch my face. I also live off of a once a day allergy medicine. So I can keep my loving sweet MoonShadow. My gray tabby.

Funny their are times when the Cat and the Two dogs all curl up in the kennel. and sleep together. :aw: so cute!!

I have two cats and my fiance has a cat of his own. For the most part they don't share our bed (no room!) but they do sleep on our bed when we are up and about. And my fiance's parents occasionally let the family dog (a dalmatian) share their bed, though she has one of her own just a few feet away.

I can not imagine a large dog sleeping in the bed with us.

Since hubby is already a bed and blanket hog!

In the past, my cat slept on my bed. She felt safe and attached to me.

I haven't owned a dog, at the moment I am dog sitting. He sleeps in the cage which he hates. He has his bed here will see how it works if I let him sleep in his bed and stays.

Holly always sleeps with me. She is my "hearing dog". She wakes me for odd noises, etc. My husband and I work opposite shifts. She has protected me from intruders. She is not only on the bed, but shares my pillow if she wants. She smells good to me (haha). I like her clean furry smell. She wakes me about the same time every morning. Sigh, even weekends and "Holly days". If I try for an extra few minutes of snooze, she will pry the pillow out of my hands and toss it on the floor! ha! She then "takes me" to the coffee pot and out on the porch for her outdoor time. I love my Holly girl. There was a photo of her in my album if you'd care to peek.

In the past, my two dachshunds snuggled with me while I watched the TV but slept in their own beds at nightime. The reason for that is one of them tended to get up to scratch her ear/chin/whatever.

In the past, my two dachshunds snuggled with me while I watched the TV but slept in their own beds at nightime. The reason for that is one of them tended to get up to scratch her ear/chin/whatever.

HAHA!..My Pomeranian does that occasionally while sleeping with me...I think it's just to try to wake me or annoy me...and I say..."nanananana"...she stops. Her ears are fine, no ear mites and she gets Advantage every month, so no fleas.....so it's just a "random" scratch that we all have occasionally. Sometimes, she'll stop....then start playing with her toys on the bed...saying she isn't really "in the mood" to go to sleep....wants to play! And of course, I play with her awhile, then pat the pillow and say nite-nite...come on, Anita!...and she'll go right off to sleep.

The question in my house is, will the dog let me sleep in the bed. :rofl:
He's a service dog, learning hearing commands, and a HUGE bed hog. He typically leaves me about 1/4 of the queen-sized bed.

Both my guide dogs and my pet dog have been allowed on my bed. So has Soundter the pet dog and several of the rats and cats (although obviously I never had rats and cats living with me at the same time)

All our pets slept on our bed, yes even Wooky the rabbit!

Growing up my sisters and I would fight for who slept with the dogs. I tell you this, our pets had the canine lifestyle of the comfortable and cozy!

No way would we kick them out of bed, they would kick us out of our own beds and we would oblige them & sleep on the couch! :lol:

I would not want a rabbit on my bed, they're a pooping machine!

The question in my house is, will the dog let me sleep in the bed. :rofl:
He's a service dog, learning hearing commands, and a HUGE bed hog. He typically leaves me about 1/4 of the queen-sized bed.

Either train the dog to leave you some room or get a king-sized bed. :)

Back