Should You Let Ur Pet Sleep in Ur Bed?

My dog would love to sleep with me. As 2 of my cats will sleep with me and one of my other cat sleep somewhere else. One of my cat like to sleep under the blankie with me especially in the cold.

Guess we're all "going to the dogs"! HAHA...Yeah, seems our pets come First!

My dog cannot stand to sleep in the same bed because I move around so much. Plus she is deathly afraid of my Sonic boom alarm clock and bed vibrator. Once I get up she takes over the bed though.

All of my dogs habve been allowed/encouraged to sleep on the bed. Our GRs chose not to because it was too warm for them, but our short-coated dogs all loved it, some even sleeping under the covers. My daxie I had as a teen used to burrow down uner the covers and sleep at my feet until she got too hot and had to emerge. My previous boy and currently Jessie ask to go under an extra blanket placed on the bed just for them, even on hot nights!

My Dog Travis used to sleep with me on my bed all the time when I was a kid/Teen.... but that all changed when my dad remarried and my stepmom kicked him out of the house. I honestly think it's ok for your pet to sleep with you on the bed.

I never let my dogs outside at night.

I had a young dog that loved to sleep with me especially she slept under the blanket every night. Now, I have a puppy, and she likes to sleep with my other dog together on my mother's bed. They copied my former dog's way to sleep under the blanket. Sigh, oh well.

HAHA!..My Pomeranian does that occasionally while sleeping with me...I think it's just to try to wake me or annoy me...and I say..."nanananana"...she stops. Her ears are fine, no ear mites and she gets Advantage every month, so no fleas.....so it's just a "random" scratch that we all have occasionally. Sometimes, she'll stop....then start playing with her toys on the bed...saying she isn't really "in the mood" to go to sleep....wants to play! And of course, I play with her awhile, then pat the pillow and say nite-nite...come on, Anita!...and she'll go right off to sleep.

Sometimes, she needs to pee outside or trying to tell you that she is hungry again for little more food. Once a while, my dogs need to pee outside at 2 a.m. or 5 a.m. They can't help it.

My dog is great and perfect companion on my bed..... as soon we go to bed he goes under his blanket and doesn't move, squeak, stratch or fart until in the morning, he's last to get out of bed!!! He sleeps from 10pm to 8am!! He loves his bed (well, It's MY bed!!)

Absolutely, my three cats always sleep on my bed even Beagle slept under my blanket, she keeps me warm during the winter time

All of my dogs habve been allowed/encouraged to sleep on the bed. Our GRs chose not to because it was too warm for them, but our short-coated dogs all loved it, some even sleeping under the covers. My daxie I had as a teen used to burrow down uner the covers and sleep at my feet until she got too hot and had to emerge. My previous boy and currently Jessie ask to go under an extra blanket placed on the bed just for them, even on hot nights!

All of my dachshunds in my life had to have a blanket to sleep under. Once one of my dogs burrow into the old quilt itself and got stuck between the layers. I had to cut the quilt to get him out.

:DOur dog sleeps on the bed, if he does'nt he is very grouchy and his hips are very sore in the morning.

No matter how much I loved my cats they never slept with me 'cause I didn't want to. I always woke up every time they turned around or made noise or whatever.

So a pet in my bed / bedroom is (unfortunately) out of question!

I'm not even mentioning cat hair on my pillow!!!! :mad2: It would drive me nuts :giggle:

That's how I feel about my dog. I tried having her sleep on our bed..she kept moving too much and the dog hair was making me sneeze. She also prefers to sleep in her crate anyway.

As much as I love my animals, I will not let them sleep with me. I don't even let them sleep in my room because I'm so sound sensitive (I'm hearing), I wake up at the slightest noise. My animals sleep in my parents bedroom on their dog beds.

I have allergies so my guys aren't allowed in the bedroom. BUT if not allergies - and had bigger bed - would let them sleep on the bed, not a problem.
Our old guy <11 years> sleeps on the couch and our young girlie <just turned 2 years> still sleeps in crate.

Behaviorally, that "dominance" stuff for domestic dogs is mostly myth. So long as there is not individual pre-existing guarding issue with the resource in question - the bed, or the bedroom - behaviorally there is no inherent problem with dogs being in/on bed.

No, I don't allow my dog to sleep with me, he has a bed of his own.

All of my dachshunds in my life had to have a blanket to sleep under. Once one of my dogs burrow into the old quilt itself and got stuck between the layers. I had to cut the quilt to get him out.

Wow! Your dog might be so nutty! Smile. Maybe, she/he thinks that there is an animal under it. Maybe a mice has a nest inside your mattress... I hope not.

I would not want a rabbit on my bed, they're a pooping machine!

Rabbits are very easy to train. They use the same litter box as the cats use. When you see the dingleberries [small poo], pick them up & put them in the litter box. Put the rabbit in the litter box and you will see the rabbit inspecting the dingleberries.

Make sure you leave the morning dingleberries because rabbits do eat their morning poo. They are full of iron and rabbits must eat their morning poo. Their morning poo are very soft and rabbits eat them right away so you aren't able to see their dingleberries.

TMI, I know & sorry about that.

My Dog Travis used to sleep with me on my bed all the time when I was a kid/Teen.... but that all changed when my dad remarried and my stepmom kicked him out of the house. I honestly think it's ok for your pet to sleep with you on the bed.

Kick the evil stepmother out of the house and bring Travis back in the bedroom! :laugh2: I kid.. I kid!

catmapl.gif

Back