Should the Government Warn Us?

How is this comparable as to how the Government would warn us? It's not like the government can tell us "Hey, Let's wait this out" when a disaster strikes. When a disaster strikes, it takes a moment's notice, not few weeks later.

Well... let saying... "Hey, Russia is attack US soil soon anytime blah blah!"

People panic and smash up the store.

Then next day, Govt said.. "Oops, my mistake, I was recheck there is no serious but stupid prank blah blah blah"

Maybe I make poor example.

What if we were about to be destroyed (or the world was about to be destroyed), do you think the government should tell us if they knew it was going to happen?

Do you think the government will tell us if it really happened?

What if a huge asteroid was heading for Earth and would wipe out all life from the planet within moments of impact?

What if someone launched a bunch of nuclear missiles towards the United States and there was no chance for survival?

Would you like the government to tell you or would you rather not know about it and simply die instantly without warning?

should i worry the government without tell us any happened around in world?
CNN news will get information quickly!

should i worry about any sizes of asteroid target to Earth? Nah we can't do anything with asteroids. i dont mind wipe out all around the world because people don't respect each other with people. it's have do stop fight and war.

will happen warhead missiles across to united states in future? yes you bet!

you think future will get better? No way but unless after world war III or asteroid then people can change the way better...

I would probably want the government to warn us. No, I wouldn't go into a mass panic. I would remain calm since I know there's nothing I can do. I would make the best of the situation.

I would rather the government tell me that an asteroid is going to hit us in 10 hours and give me a chance to do whatever I want during those 10 hours... than to go to work and die without knowing.

I was questioning the terminology on how one says it's local when it affects 4 states is all. :)

:) Do you have a link to go with that?

And red-tape bullshits have nothing to do with the disaster to begin with!

Amen sister! Good post!

I was using Katrina as an example too. Since the government kind of failed in regards to Katrina--they will fail again when a worldwide disaster hit the U.S.--case in point: an earthquake rattles off the Oregon coast causing an "American tsunami" that will affect 5 states and 2 U.S. territories.

Don't think it will happen? Think again, it can.[/QUOTE]

And no doubt will.

I would probably want the government to warn us. No, I wouldn't go into a mass panic. I would remain calm since I know there's nothing I can do. I would make the best of the situation.

I would rather the government tell me that an asteroid is going to hit us in 10 hours and give me a chance to do whatever I want during those 10 hours... than to go to work and die without knowing.

Yes, that´s what I said at earlier. I prefer to aware and prepare something than know nothing until suddenly....

Interesting thread and very good questions been asked. I would rather to be known if there is any warning in advance, lives cannot be lost anymore, every person counts. Some warnings were kept secret, like Pre-September 11th warning-- that was ignored by senior Bush administration officials, and so many lives were lost that day. :(

:ty: Popular mechanics?
:giggle: why not? at least it's not some tabloid newspaper. I've checked other sources to verify Popular Mechanic's claims and it said same or similar so it's good enough for me.

:giggle: why not? at least it's not some tabloid newspaper. I've checked other sources to verify Popular Mechanic's claims and it said same or similar so it's good enough for me.

:lol: I'll cut you some slack buddy. :lol:

I just never figured a magazine like Popular Mechanics to have an article like that as it contradicts with the name of the magazine.

Of course, I'm sure you buy Playboy magazine just for the articles huh? :lol: :naughty:

I just never figured a magazine like Popular Mechanics to have an article like that as it contradicts with the name of the magazine.

Of course, I'm sure you buy Playboy magazine just for the articles huh? :lol: :naughty:

Playboy magazine... :hmm::naughty:

We live in an open society, word will come around pretty quickly, especially if the government is hiding something. Americans just have this need to dig up dirt.

and, yet, Playboy Magazine understands the greater disservice there is in publishing articles by creating a confusing atmosphere of "us vs. them" while, shamelessly, pandering to the "I wasn't there but I know best" crowd.

Ack! There I go, too . . . :topic:

:laugh2:

I like to be warned and be prepared.

Would NASA do something? I doubt the gov't will sit around, wait and see. They would just try to kill it off before it attacks the earth. Yes?

The 9/11 was a sudden one and there wasn't enough time to stop the planes. They were too shocked and confused to realize where the planes' going. The same goes for Katrina. Have to ask higher-ups first before pushing the red button or call the Prez for permission... where's the time? :roll:

no. if were doomed, we're doomed. No need to look into the face of fear for an X amount of time. I know i wouldnt want to.

Not only that but the very question tells me we'd believe everything the government tells us! :lol:

Back