• Yes

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
I voted no.

If it's legal they can be put on a registry and have to pay taxes as well as be forced to get checked for STD's regularly. Although I'm not a supporter of prostitution, that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Wether it's legal or not people are going to do it, so you might as well try to make it a bit safer.

I vote no, I don't like how they spread diseases and plus selling their own bodies for money.

I vote no, I don't like how they spread diseases and plus selling their own bodies for money.

I don't like it but it is an ages (since the dawn of man, practically)old activity and if it was controlled/legal, then the spread of diseases, etc would be less....I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other....

I don't like it but it is an ages (since the dawn of man, practically)old activity and if it was controlled/legal, then the spread of diseases, etc would be less....I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other....

Yep, you can't legislate morality, but you can legislate safety. If you have a moral objection to prostitution, my advise would be not to visit one.

In our state of Australia prostitution is legal with licensed brothels permitted. Some brothels even have shares on the stockmarket! However, a large number of women still work on the streets and practice risky behaviour here. This is because there are different segments of the market with prostitution. The safe, clean kind is more expensive, with more attractive girls whereas the street kind, attracts a different clientele. The street women tend to be drug users, who are supporting their habit and are happy to charge less.

I don't know if it is me but there seems to be more street prostitutes here than in the UK where it was illegal (I don't know if that has changed since I left.)

Yeah, it's a mystery where diseases come from....who knows!

I voted NO because they do not pay taxes... If the IRS finds out that if they don't pay taxes, they will eventually getting caught by IRS and will get a big FINES and also they will get STD, AIDS and etc without checking up with doctors every six months!!!!! NO thanks!!!!!!!

I voted no.

As for New Zealand the prostitute is legal (became legal in 2003). To keep prostitutes off the streets. The brothels must have an operator's license. So now they have to pay tax like everyone else. Rather than earning $$$ under the table.

Jeez! Depend on situation! :roll:

I know that one of friend,..... He haven't' sex for long time, so he gotten prostitute lady for one night. :dunno2:

Jeez! Depend on situation! :roll:

I know that one of friend,..... He haven't' sex for long time, so he gotten prostitute lady for one night. :dunno2:

Yes I can understand... that's why I support Prostitute to be legal because of pay taxes and should be well care by healthcare to aviod AID, STD, risk, etc.

Prostitutions is very dirty business and it also very dangerous. I don't approve of a person selling their bodies just to make a few hurdred bucks. A person can end up getting pregnant, STD, Aids, HIV, and even worst getting murdered. That is not a good life. Prostitutions is not worth it. This is not a good to make money. If you want a good life then don't do it by living in a life of crimes. Prostitutions is still a crime. There are other ways to make a good living and making honest buck. There are always help available out there for those who needs it. Prostitutions is not the answers to the problem.

For those who support legalized brothels, you can let them set up in your neighborhood. For me, I don't want any of it in my community.

I voted No due to the uncleanliness of our society. I can't imagine how everyone would go nuts if prostitution was legalized. The spead of STD would increase. We all would be effected by it some way or another. Take in consideration when using a public bathroom would increase the grossness.

I don't care about prostitute, I voted yes because it must be allowed because their business, it's their choice, not mine.

Of course it should be legal!. Becoming a licensed companion could be a means to control safety and health.

It's not about control; just legalize prostitution.

It's about the lack of code of ethics - or rather the lack of a common ground in achieving and utilizing plain old ethics - within the open and wide (pun unintended) industry of sex workers. When there's isn't a system of standards, there's a significant degree of chaos, right?

I think prostitution in the US should be legalized and therefore standardized in regards to health protocol among many other issues of concern industry workers harbor. In the long run, prostitution could promote safe sex. What else could beat the power of that goal being met? ;)

Back