Should Men Go To Jail When They Fail To Pay Child Support?

sadly to many people with issues

sperm donner don't need be in childs life just pay support...actions have consquences....he donate sperm(I taking it that he an ex)as you did egg then money taken out of wages or as he deadbeat his benefits money..
you don't let kid see sperm donner,if allow him get away with it then he ends donating sperm everywhere and gets away with it

Both prefer it this way, meaning son and I. As for him doing it all over that is his business not mine. Takes two to tango and two to fight. I prefer to let things be. If son or sperm donner want to work things out that is fine. But my ex husband his my son's father by all accounts and that is good enough for my the three of us. Sperm donner lost an awesome kid, he is realizing that and it is too late.

California law requires a parent (divorced/separated spouse, ex-lover or one-night casual sex partner) to pay a child support if a child doesn't live with that parent.

One deaf co-worker of mine (he's already retired) told me that the court ordered his employer to deduct a half of his bi-weekly pay for child support to his two children until they became 18. He said it was about $1,400 monthly for child support. Wow! Hollywood stars are to blame.

it is your business they all be your sons sibs...your ex is selfish stupid man but I still think he should have money deducted he think twice before getting someone pregnant..You don't have to have contact with him..if sperm doner feeling guilts then he could at least put saving account in action give to son at later date...
Your son if he little then he not of age to say don't want see dad..i don't know your circumstance but if the sperm donner/dad feels guilts maybe this is your chance let him right the wrongs he done

I can understand that Caz. My son is 13 in Aug, so he is old enough to know the score. He has always been aware of the situation without all of the ugliness. Luckily my exhusband being there for him has kept my son from ever really feeling the emptiness or hole that many abandoned kids feel from an absent parent. I can also understand your point on having the other parent (they are not always the man) pay for child support. But men get a short stick when it comes to children in a lot of ways. Even a much wanted child can be aborted without so much as a by your leave. I did not have to keep my son, I chose to, why should I make another pay for my decision? I have always seen this as a two way street. As for giving him a chance, the door is always open for him, I have only made the simple request that if he wants to come into my sons life he stays. People are not toys to be picked up and played with only when the mood strikes. But sperm donner has also fell into a bottle so I really do not know what truth his words holds. Time will tell....

I just caught your statement about the savings account... That is an interesting idea, I wonder if he would... Be an idea to pass to him next time ... But I moved back to Georgia ...er wow 4 years ago now and sperm donner has not reached out except on the rare drunken occasion through my "brother" which has its own bag of tricks... Trust me for now, it is best this way....for now anyways.

Sperm donner? Probably meaning a sperm donor? If so, a sperm donor has nothing to do with any child support as long as he signs the contract legally.

Sperm donner? Probably meaning a sperm donor? If so, a sperm donor has nothing to do with any child support as long as he signs the contract legally.

Nope as in a man that I cannot call a father or a dad for both imply that he did more than just donate some sperm... As for anything else we were together for ... Almost 7 years... He left the day I got pregnant.... Life, and I am okay with that.

Nope as in a man that I cannot call a father or a dad for both imply that he did more than just donate some sperm... As for anything else we were together for ... Almost 7 years... He left the day I got pregnant.... Life, and I am okay with that.
Maybe you misunderstood me. I said "Sperm donner?" which I have never heard of. Recently I found out that it actually means a sperm donor via google. You said nope. :hmm:

http://www.justanswer.com/family-law/477bc-trying-find-sperm-donner-liable-child.html

Ah, no I understood you. It is...technically incorrect use of the term, never the less..a man who begets a child yet does nothing for that child is nothing more than a sperm donner. To call him a father, dad, daddy or any other parental term demeans every man who fights for their child(ern). So while it technically is incorrect I will stick with calling him a sperm donner...

Someone who donates something is a donor, not a donner.

Lol thanks Reba, hate having improper grammar... But spelling is hopeless and tend to spell as I pronounce things...did not even catch that. Just went with it because spell correct didn't say anything....it does change some of the meaning in the post .... :/

Ah, no I understood you. It is...technically incorrect use of the term, never the less..a man who begets a child yet does nothing for that child is nothing more than a sperm donner. To call him a father, dad, daddy or any other parental term demeans every man who fights for their child(ern). So while it technically is incorrect I will stick with calling him a sperm donner...
BUT he was your ex-husband, therefore he is not either a sperm donor or a sperm donner. A sperm donor goes to a sperm bank to donate his sperm. You got his sperm from a sperm bank? :hmm:

BUT he was your ex-husband, therefore he is not either a sperm donor or a sperm donner. A sperm donor goes to a sperm bank to donate his sperm. You got his sperm from a sperm bank? :hmm:

It's just a phrase that is used when a man gets a woman pregnant...and leaves. ....A dead beat. Not wanting to call him a Man or a Father....just a "sperm donor"....wham-bam-and-thank-you-mamm.....Many use this term when they despise the man that got her pregnant, even hate them...

It's just a phrase that is used when a man gets a woman pregnant...and leaves. ....A dead beat. Not wanting to call him a Man or a Father....just a "sperm donor"....wham-bam-and-thank-you-mamm.....Many use this term when they despise the man that got her pregnant, even hate them...
OIC. I googled it but I can't find anything that shows what you explained. Anyway I got your point and Jezie's as well.

Ah no again. Sperm doner and ex husband are two separate people. What you seem to be missing is this is a figure of speech I use. I am not saying it is correct or incorrect. The man in question and I were in a long term relationship, not married, had sex on a regular basis and as nature happens condom or not a baby was created. At this point in the time line, sperm doner hit the road.

Missed this sorry, although must say I do not hate nor despise him... We both had our own choices.

It seems ironic to me that in this day and age where all kinds of birth control is available, all kinds of sex education is available, and abortion is available there are so many births happening to unmarried women. (I'm not promoting abortion; I'm just stating the reality of what's out there.)

What makes you think the problem is caused by unmarried men and women? I think a lot of this starts with bad marriages. It's not all about teenage love here. Perhaps the solution is for society not to push marriage on people. It's society that dreams up the vision of a white picket fence, 2.5 kids and a dog. Then reality sets in and those people can't afford the fence, kids or dog. Society should be a little more realistic.

Ah no again. Sperm doner and ex husband are two separate people. What you seem to be missing is this is a figure of speech I use. I am not saying it is correct or incorrect. The man in question and I were in a long term relationship, not married, had sex on a regular basis and as nature happens condom or not a baby was created. At this point in the time line, sperm doner hit the road.
Alright, I got it.

Back