Should gun be banned or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many years ago, when I was shooting at an indoor range, I was wearing aviator style glasses. One of the hot shells not only hit me between the eyes, it stuck in the eyeglass frame. It sizzled there! Whew!

I prefer revolvers myself. No brass flying, no brass to retrieve. :lol:

Hubby has an AR-15. It sprays brass all over the place. So, I got him a hard plastic brass catcher that clips over the ejector. Now, he just empties it out when he's done. Much more considerate of other shooters. :)

The few times I've gone, I think I'd prefer a rifle rather than any sort of handgun. Using a scope makes if feel like I'm actually aiming, rather than just taking a crapshoot.

I could never get a revolver for myself, though. I felt too much like an old time movie character to actually carry one anywhere, and I'd end up being irresponsible with it, which would be very very bad.

The few times I've gone, I think I'd prefer a rifle rather than any sort of handgun. Using a scope makes if feel like I'm actually aiming, rather than just taking a crapshoot.
Hubby has scopes on his AR-15 and his Marlin deer rifle. No scope on my Stoeger side-by-side shotgun or my Rossi .22 rifle. We shoot those at an outdoor range.

My Taurus Ultra-lite Titanium (.38) is a 5-shot revolver. It's very light and tiny. It has a Crimson Trace laser. It's made for concealed carry. Hubby has a Taurus PT 709 Slim 9mm semi-auto pistol for his concealed carry. We have a Hi-Point Model C-9 9mm pistol for home defense. We shoot those at the indoor range.

I could never get a revolver for myself, though. I felt too much like an old time movie character to actually carry one anywhere, and I'd end up being irresponsible with it, which would be very very bad.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Last edited:
No, I don't support gun ban.

Read 2nd Amendment.

We are not goddamn UK, Europe, China, Korea, Mexico, etc that where guns are severely restricted.

However, I don't support hunting on any animals that are part of endangered species
and I'm ok with gun control for K-12 education, also support college to make decision to allow students to be OC or CCW.

There are NO Hunting for endangered species... none. If a person was hunting for them he's poaching.

There are NO Hunting for endangered species... none. If a person was hunting for them he's poaching.
Exactly. There are no hunting seasons or tags for endangered species.

No hunting of miniature giraffes. :giggle:

It would be nice if they provide to people to receive a license to own gun. Some states doesn't require.

Some people favor to kill endangered species because they don't believe about animals are endangered species and some people go ahead to do illegal hunting.

I believe any type of gun, not necessarily firearms should be at home for self defense. And yes in Mexico its limited, but still organized crime manages to be more armed than the cops themselves... Do you know their government put up a lawsuit against us gun market for being the suppose responsible?lol

no. Guns are for protection. AG Holder's top gun expert never fired a gun before, same for Reno's gun expert. The NRA is a very powerful group. They have programs for all types of gun owners and women make up a large membership now, much to the dismay of peace-loving feminists.

The 2nd Amendment trumps any gun bans and restriction, period.

Several years ago, the Supreme Court vetoed the D.C. gun ban law and one year later, the murder rate in D.C. area went down significantly.

Speaking of guns I saw on a video on how teach your dog to heel the reason we walk our dogs on our left side was that one time men carried their guns on their right side so their dogs would not get shot! I think some guns should be ban, people do not need automatic guns for their homes!

The 2nd Amendment trumps any gun bans and restriction, period.

Several years ago, the Supreme Court vetoed the D.C. gun ban law and one year later, the murder rate in D.C. area went down significantly.

I'm unsure about how does change the gun law in DC has relevant to lower murder rate but I'm not deny your claim. I think that DC still have new restriction on firearm after Supreme Court rule gun ban as unconstitutional, just make more harder for gun owners to armed in DC, however not illegal to have firearm.

DC isn't gun friendly, unlike in other cities but I think that lower murders are largely influence by change in societies, enhancement of law enforcement (like in NYC and LA) and loosen the firearm law has small influence. When crime in DC is down as more criminals are fleeing to PGC (Prince George County).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back