Should gun be banned or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyDeafNinja

Reaction score
I vote guns should not be banned because it provides safely and hunting for foods. Guns DOES NOT kill people. People kill people.

I'm not for banning guns either but I'm going to be blunt about guns. The only purpose of using firearms is to ... kill people or animals. Do they have a purpose other than killing people and animals? I do not have flare guns in mind as they were not designed to kill others. Knifes can be used to kill others as can baseball bats but they were not designed only for killing people and animals. They can be used for other purposes as well.

I'm not for banning guns either but I'm going to be blunt about guns. The only purpose of using firearms is to ... kill people or animals. Do they have a purpose other than killing people and animals? I do not have flare guns in mind as they were not designed to kill others. Knifes can be used to kill others as can baseball bats but they were not designed only for killing people and animals. They can be used for other purposes as well.

They could be used for fun at a shooting range (ie aiming at targets). That's the only time I ever have and most likely ever would shoot a gun.

Also, you forgot "hurting, maiming, or otherwise harming animals". (I'm including "humans" in the "animals" category, too.)

Target practice. I used to go to my friend's house and shoot his 22 rifle at a pop can filled with water. If you it it just right, it will explode the can.

It's just hobby shooting for me. Some people compete.

It does not matter whether guns are banned or not. The thing is that all kinds of gun are really dangerous, even in accidents. There are better ways to get food like wild animals is by trapping in the trap line. Bow and Arrows (the European method) are the second way to hunt. Even my husband used to hunt with a rifle to kill one or two deers to feed us for the Winter. Now not anymore. Still it is dangerous.

I would rather have the guns restricted to make sure that the person who buy the gun is sane and know the difference between right and wrong. If the congress or government vote to ban them, then let it be. We will find other way to protect ourselves. :hmm:

They could be used for fun at a shooting range (ie aiming at targets). That's the only time I ever have and most likely ever would shoot a gun.

Also, you forgot "hurting, maiming, or otherwise harming animals". (I'm including "humans" in the "animals" category, too.)

Very well. I'll accept target practice but what's the purpose of target practice? It's certainly not for planting flowers. Could the purpose of target practice be to be more efficent at killing things? Can't kill animals or humans if you have lousy aim.

I did mention killing animals and I assumed others would know that I'm referring to hunting. For the record, I could never be vegetarian. My mention of killing animals was perhaps too board for you.

No, I don't support gun ban.

Read 2nd Amendment.

We are not goddamn UK, Europe, China, Korea, Mexico, etc that where guns are severely restricted.

However, I don't support hunting on any animals that are part of endangered species and I'm ok with gun control for K-12 education, also support college to make decision to allow students to be OC or CCW.

Second Amendment. I was mistaken. I mean they can only limit of guns own. They can't ban guns.

Second Amendment. I was mistaken. I mean they can only limit of guns own. They can't ban guns.

Yup, that's correct but it is up to US Supreme Court to strike on gun restriction down if they see as unconstitutional or flawed.

Yup, that's correct but it is up to US Supreme Court to strike on gun restriction down if they see as unconstitutional or flawed.

There many flaws of use guns. Murder, rape, steal, and many more....

Very well. I'll accept target practice but what's the purpose of target practice? It's certainly not for planting flowers. Could the purpose of target practice be to be more efficent at killing things? Can't kill animals or humans if you have lousy aim.

I did mention killing animals and I assumed others would know that I'm referring to hunting. For the record, I could never be vegetarian. My mention of killing animals was perhaps too board for you.

Eh, not always. I'd never own a gun for anything other than target practice merely because I find shooting a gun at a range enjoyable. But I do acknowledge that I'm likely in the minority in that regard.

And yeah, I assumed you were talking about hunting. I mentioned that because my girlfriend is a strict vegetarian (not vegan, though).

The purpose of target practice? It is just a skill to see if you have the eye-hand coordination necessary to put a projectile in the bullseye on a sheet or paper.

It is not connected to killing things unless it is made to be. I kill pop cans...and recycle them when I am done.

They could be used for fun at a shooting range (ie aiming at targets). That's the only time I ever have and most likely ever would shoot a gun....
That's what Hubby and I do.

There many flaws of use guns. Murder, rape, steal, and many more....

I'm not talking about that but some of gun control/restriction in state legislation or local laws are flawed and interfere with constitution, that why we have court to rule out.

I have shot at ranges too. I remember having hot brass land down the front of my shirt from the shooter at the adjacent lane.

Ouch!

Quit molesting 2nd amendment!

Outlaw guns then, the outlaws will have it, simple as is.

I have shot at ranges too. I remember having hot brass land down the front of my shirt from the shooter at the adjacent lane.

Ouch!
Many years ago, when I was shooting at an indoor range, I was wearing aviator style glasses. One of the hot shells not only hit me between the eyes, it stuck in the eyeglass frame. It sizzled there! Whew!

I prefer revolvers myself. No brass flying, no brass to retrieve. :lol:

Hubby has an AR-15. It sprays brass all over the place. So, I got him a hard plastic brass catcher that clips over the ejector. Now, he just empties it out when he's done. Much more considerate of other shooters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back