Short Shorts

228241_10100561986905619_8825246_61438839_5127932_n.jpg
Too short except for running in a race.

BTW, why the long sleeves? If it's hot out enough for shorts, isn't it hot enough for short sleeves?

Not a bad length. TCS wears his work shorts about there, at the knee. His casual shorts are usually cargo shorts, maybe an inch or two longer.

A curious question - generally why do lot of men don't wear "short shorts" anymore? Are they that shy or insecure? :dunno:
Other than being less modest, and not flattering to most physiques, is there a reason for men to wear "short shorts?"

Ladies! What's your opinion on men's short shorts? Do you likey when men wear it??? :naughty:
No, I don't likey. I don't think they're attractive.

Why do men get to go shirtless and not women? Why do women wear low-cut shirts and men do not?
Except at the beach, I don't like to see men shirtless. Now, with so many men wearing tats and piercings, their bare chests are even less attractive.

You don't know why some women wear low-cut shirts? Apparently, they think they are more appealing to men that way.

Some men do wear low-cut or unbuttoned shirts (accessorized with big gold chains). Bleh!

not hot shorts?
Nope. They were hot pants, low cut, wide belts, sometimes worn with go-go boots.

Later came Daisy Dukes worn with platform shoes.

Before hot pants were short-shorts.

Then there's always Richard Simmons. No long pants for him. :giggle:

Too short except for running in a race.

BTW, why the long sleeves? If it's hot out enough for shorts, isn't it hot enough for short sleeves?

it's a swimmer shorts. if I were running in a race, I wear a shorts lot shorter than in that pix :giggle:

It was definitely not hot or warm at all. 61 deg outside and water was 45 deg. Based on my experience from high school track training all-season around (with rain) and winter hiking - it's based to wear as less clothes as possible to avoid hypothermia especially since if you're gonna be drenched.

Strongly advisable to wear clothes made from lycra or similar like Under Armor or you will not make it after 1 mile. It dries out relatively fast as you run and it does not hold as much water as cotton clothes. Just squeeze it and you're good to go. And also since this course was all muddy... best to not wear pants since mud will stick on it. Next time - I will wear thermal short-sleeve. The sleeves were nothing but a deadweight for me. I mostly kept the sleeves up during the race. The most important part was to keep my core body as warm as possible and my shirt did the job... somewhat.

in that pix - I wore a thermal shirt, swimmer tights (to prevent mud/gunk from going in), swimmer shorts, old trail-running shoes, and gloves. no socks. That's how I managed to get thru it... :dizzy:

Then there's always Richard Simmons. No long pants for him. :giggle:

lol oh my goodness! He was so awkwardly funny in David Letterman show.

Other than being less modest, and not flattering to most physiques, is there a reason for men to wear "short shorts?"

The purpose of wearing shorts is because it's hot outside and you want to stay cool. so I don't see what's the difference between pants and shorts extending few inches longer below your knees other other than fashion statement. It's kinda like wearing tshirt and a shirt with short sleeves extending below elbow. It's bit oxymoronic to me.

it's a swimmer shorts. if I were running in a race, I wear a shorts lot shorter than in that pix :giggle:
TCS and I used to road race a lot, and we didn't wear shorts shorter than what you have on. Back in the 80's they were a little different cut though.

All my Docker's shorts have about a 9" inseam. Just right in my opinion.

Lol, good question that I have never thought of before!

I think it has to do with the "baggy clothes" thing. I'm currently in High school, and couldn't imagine wearing shorts that short!! I need shorts that at least go an inch past my knees to fee comfortable. I have no need to show off the upper part of my legs!

TCS and I used to road race a lot, and we didn't wear shorts shorter than what you have on. Back in the 80's they were a little different cut though.

I didn't feel comfortable wearing yellow flimsy shorts that I was given for track races. It was way too short (a few inches shorter than my swim pants) but it was necessary, I guess. I had to always keep in mind when I do leg splits during warm-up :eek3:

The purpose of wearing shorts is because it's hot outside and you want to stay cool. so I don't see what's the difference between pants and shorts extending few inches longer below your knees other other than fashion statement. It's kinda like wearing tshirt and a shirt with short sleeves extending below elbow. It's bit oxymoronic to me.
I don't wear shorts in public because of modesty. I wear loose pants that come to about mid-calf, like capris/pedal pushers/clam diggers/cargos--my pirate pants. :giggle: The leg openings are loose, so they let lots of air flow in. Or I wear long, loose skirts, kind of "ethnic" style (like from India). They let the air flow, too. I usually wear flip flops or sandals with them.

The uniform of coastal South Carolina most of the year is long shorts, t-shirts, shades, and flip flops. :lol:

I don't wear shorts in public because of modesty. I wear loose pants that come to about mid-calf, like capris/pedal pushers/clam diggers/cargos--my pirate pants. :giggle: The leg openings are loose, so they let lots of air flow in. Or I wear long, loose skirts, kind of "ethnic" style (like from India). They let the air flow, too. I usually wear flip flops or sandals with them.

The uniform of coastal South Carolina most of the year is long shorts, t-shirts, shades, and flip flops. :lol:

aaahhhhh that's my favorite uniform (minus long shorts) :lol:

I do prefer wearing just a button-down shirts. I find it more comfortable than t-shirt - more airflow.

I never understood wearing socks like that. It looks funny. It's not like he's out there, walking thru long grass :lol:

btw - major lol @ a comb tucked in his back pocket.

aaahhhhh that's my favorite uniform (minus long shorts) :lol:
They're not real long; about knee length, usually cotton. Not like basketball shorts (that's more urban, less beach).

They're not real long; about knee length, usually cotton. Not like basketball shorts (that's more urban, less beach).

oh ok that will do for me :)

I do prefer wearing just a button-down shirts. I find it more comfortable than t-shirt - more airflow.
We wear those, too. Some guys wear both (unbuttoned shirt over t-shirt). Some women wear a tank top instead of t-shirt, and sometimes with an unbuttoned shirt over the tank.

Most students at the college look like they're going to the beach or fishing straight from class.

I never understood wearing socks like that. It looks funny. It's not like he's out there, walking thru long grass :lol:

btw - major lol @ a comb tucked in his back pocket.
Not a comb, it's a brush. He's a real beaut, all round. :laugh2:

Back