Shopaholic

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I am single now and learning how to shop for MYSELF which is definitely a foreign situation. I shop for other people lol

To answer the OP:

I have learned that I was a shopaholic-in-training. I had a cc with a $500 limit and I blew through it like there was no tomorrow.

The same shopaholic ex-husband 'saved' my credit by paying it off as a wedding gift. I had a CC since the divorce and found that they are waaaaaaay too of a temptation for me to go nuts!
Debit cards are much safer for me to handle. Chase is my friend since they will text me if I am low on my balance. :)

Last edited:
I know people who spend, spend, spend... whether it be on food, clothes, cell phones, electronics, or just overall worthless crap! I have everything I need (my computer and TV)... I don't feel the need to buy more. When I do buy something, it is something that I have logically planned out (except for impulse buys... but I'm not much of an impulse buyer).

I was married to a shopaholic. And when we divorced he tried to saddle me with $20,000 worth of credit card debt.

The divorce mediator looked at the bills and looked my ex in the eye and this was the conversation:

"Was her name on the cards?
No.
Did she ever sign for anything?
No.
Did she ever go and buy anything by herself?
No.
Then who exactly is responsible for the credit card debt?
I am.
Good, now that we have that straightened out we can move along."

The more the mediator talked the smaller my ex looked LOL! It made ,me feel very good. lol

I want your mediator!!!!! Gimmie! :laugh2:

How many of you are shopaholic? :hmm:

Shopaholic cannot march in and march out the store with one item.

Shopaholic's language "I must have this and that." "I'm depressed, shopping is my therapy."

Shopaholic grab and throw everything in their shopping chart, then at the end, by the cashier, she/he woke up from coma and returning the items, end up buying what they NEED or "MUST-MUST have."

Shopaholic shop once a week and weekend.

Shopaholic goes to CVS, Walgreen, Rite Aid - 24 hours and leave the store with two shopping bags after 9 PM

Shopaholic tends to buy gifts and double them for her/himself.

Again, are you really shopaholic? :naughty: :naughty:

It's ok. It's curable!

I know quite a few.....they ran up so much debt for their grandmother, that their grandmother wound up filing for bankrupcy.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

DGirl101 said:
How many of you are shopaholic? :hmm:

Shopaholic cannot march in and march out the store with one item.

Shopaholic's language "I must have this and that." "I'm depressed, shopping is my therapy."

Shopaholic grab and throw everything in their shopping chart, then at the end, by the cashier, she/he woke up from coma and returning the items, end up buying what they NEED or "MUST-MUST have."

Shopaholic shop once a week and weekend.

Shopaholic goes to CVS, Walgreen, Rite Aid - 24 hours and leave the store with two shopping bags after 9 PM

Shopaholic tends to buy gifts and double them for her/himself.

Again, are you really shopaholic? :naughty: :naughty:

It's ok. It's curable!

I know quite a few.....they ran up so much debt for their grandmother, that their grandmother wound up filing for bankrupcy.

Yep my former sister-in-law carelessly ran up 200,000 dollars worth of debt and her grandparents had to file for bankruptcy. I was devastated but no one was allowed to say anything that may upset the family's "princess". Ugh, they are definitely enabling her and they wave it off because she is still "young" (she is older than me jeez). Some folks should never touch a credit card fo sho

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Yep my former sister-in-law carelessly ran up 200,000 dollars worth of debt and her grandparents had to file for bankruptcy. I was devastated but no one was allowed to say anything that may upset the family's "princess". Ugh, they are definitely enabling her and they wave it off because she is still "young" (she is older than me jeez). Some folks should never touch a credit card fo sho

*thud*

I was married to a shopaholic. And when we divorced he tried to saddle me with $20,000 worth of credit card debt.

The divorce mediator looked at the bills and looked my ex in the eye and this was the conversation:

"Was her name on the cards?
No.
Did she ever sign for anything?
No.
Did she ever go and buy anything by herself?
No.
Then who exactly is responsible for the credit card debt?
I am.
Good, now that we have that straightened out we can move along."

The more the mediator talked the smaller my ex looked LOL! It made ,me feel very good. lol

:lol:

You should hand out her name to people who are undergoing a divorce.

Am I a shopaholic? I don't think so. I like to shop for other people than myself. Plus when I go shopping for food, I always make sure they're on special or are discounted. I'd shop for dvds or clothes when they're discounted. I love to shop in the US because shoes and jeans are much cheaper than here. ;)

Thats right around the figure that grandma ended up with.

I'm not a shopaholic. My girlfriend is. ;)

If we go to the mall, I am the one who makes sure she doesn't end up buying too much or anything. ;)

I'm shopaholic. years ago when I was working for longs drugstore I wud buy almost everything of the shelf sure i had real good deal on them cuz of employee discount card... but I kinda of stopped buying too much due to not have $$ that much but I still have one cc card for macy's but I never touch it since then cuz I know my parents will not pay it for me.. :roll: but if I was working more hours then I will able to use it but only limit 50 dollars on cc card not excess it to any more than 100 dollars... clever ain't i? :D but when I lost weight few years ago I was gonna use cc card for mervyn's but I changed mind i used cash over 100 dollars.. sheesh but paying in cash is better than owing later.. ugh now i work for cvs pharmacy.. employee discount SUCKS but I don't care I don't shop there that much I rather go shop at target ;)

I used to be a shopaholic, but not as bad as some of these stories. I now have all my card paid off and only use an Amazon card for the rewards and pay it off monthly. I still love to shop and need to make a very conscious effort not to spend too much. Now that I am in school, my funds are much more limited.

I was never a shop-a-holic. I hate crowds and hate to shop. For me I only go when it necessary. Now, hubby on the other hand, would spend and spend. I took all of his debit cards and his mother has said he won't get a dime from her until she dies then it is in my control, not his. He also wants to buy this and that for his boat. Well, that will stop since he just sold his boat. Now he's shopping for another larger boat. I've told him not until the bills are paid down and the vehicles are paid off. He has agreed.

Now, if I could just get my son to understand that just because it's a debit card that acts like a credit card, it doesn't mean that the money supply is endless. That's a concept he hasn't figured out.

To answer the OP:

I have learned that I was a shopaholic-in-training. I had a cc with a $500 limit and I blew through it like there was no tomorrow.

The same shopaholic ex-husband 'saved' my credit by paying it off as a wedding gift. I had a CC since the divorce and found that they are waaaaaaay too of a temptation for me to go nuts!
Debit cards are much safer for me to handle. Chase is my friend since they will text me if I am low on my balance. :)

Really? That would be so useful for me. I am with Wells Fargo and I really hate WF. The other night I tried to call WF to talk to someone about a glitch in my bank account and I was so :mad2: because they hung up on me 5 times because they had a "company policy" about relay. I was so :mad2: !!! I am considering taking my business elsewhere and Chase sounds good.

Back