Shopaholic

Driving Miss Daisy

Reaction score
How many of you are shopaholic? :hmm:

Shopaholic cannot march in and march out the store with one item.

Shopaholic's language "I must have this and that." "I'm depressed, shopping is my therapy."

Shopaholic grab and throw everything in their shopping chart, then at the end, by the cashier, she/he woke up from coma and returning the items, end up buying what they NEED or "MUST-MUST have."

Shopaholic shop once a week and weekend.

Shopaholic goes to CVS, Walgreen, Rite Aid - 24 hours and leave the store with two shopping bags after 9 PM

Shopaholic tends to buy gifts and double them for her/himself.

Again, are you really shopaholic? :naughty: :naughty:

It's ok. It's curable!

LOL! I wish I could! however, Iam married with two kiddos, therefore we are trying to be strictly controlling our budgets. =?

before i met my hubby, i was! lol I owe 6 thousands on credit cards for my own needs. LOL

LOL! I wish I could! however, Iam married with two kiddos, therefore we are trying to be strictly controlling our budgets. =?

before i met my hubby, i was! lol I owe 6 thousands on credit cards for my own needs. LOL

:( wanna swap with my CC debt?

:( wanna swap with my CC debt?

i paid off 6 thousand but new debts with my hubby & kids you sure don't want to swap with my cc debt. that is for sure. :shock: If we didnt have debts the we would have spending more but sad we have to control budget, thats a hint. ;)

That's suck. I was single and still have no responsibility. I am sure I will have big debt when I have a house with husband and child too.

Jiro - can I babysit your credit cards?? :X

Used to have credit cards galore in the '70-s-'80's, and part of the '90s....loved to shop, was a "clothes horse" and wore something different everyday! Whenever I came upon a catalog for clothes or housewares, it was like candy!...Lots of home decor too....
No more! My cards are paid off, cut up...I don't own any. And instead of buying a new car every 5 years, I stopped that also.

We're on a tight budget!...No more credit cards, even tho' my friends have said, "you need a credit card"!....hmmmm, why? I need debt like a hole in my head!

With 3 boys, I pay cash for everything, shop for bargains, even thrift stores. My policy is...if you can't pay cash for it, then you can't afford it and don't need it.

That is a GOOD advice "My policy is...if you can't pay cash for it, then you can't afford it and don't need it."

I used to be more of a shopaholic when my kids were small and I thought they needed things.

Paying off debt made me more aware to not spend ahead.

But then last summer we had to replace the sewer line, so that is my extravagance for the next few years.

I was married to a shopaholic. And when we divorced he tried to saddle me with $20,000 worth of credit card debt.

The divorce mediator looked at the bills and looked my ex in the eye and this was the conversation:

"Was her name on the cards?
No.
Did she ever sign for anything?
No.
Did she ever go and buy anything by herself?
No.
Then who exactly is responsible for the credit card debt?
I am.
Good, now that we have that straightened out we can move along."

The more the mediator talked the smaller my ex looked LOL! It made ,me feel very good. lol

I was married to a shopaholic. And when we divorced he tried to saddle me with $20,000 worth of credit card debt.

The divorce mediator looked at the bills and looked my ex in the eye and this was the conversation:

No.
No.
No.
I am.

The more the mediator talked the smaller my ex looked LOL! It made ,me feel very good. lol

wtf? what was he mostly shopping for?

Jiro - can I babysit your credit cards?? :X

yes you may. I have 2 CC that's nearly maxed out :io:

Just waiting for my brother to get a job so that I can quickly pay them off. But for the past few months, I don't spend much except gas and few bills so that helps.

wtf? what was he mostly shopping for?

I have a son......Babies are expensive! But in the end he was buying boat parts thinking that as a family we could spend time on the boat together. The thing is I am the daughter of a person with Albinism! Why the fuck would I go out on a thing that is generally a HUGE sunburn & skin cancer machine. Yes the boat had a cabin......but it was tiny and airless.

I'm a shopaholic.

This is why I go to the Dollar tree and thrift stores. I feel better afterward.

(then I give away what I brought)

I have a son......Babies are expensive! But in the end he was buying boat parts thinking that as a family we could spend time on the boat together. The thing is I am the daughter of a person with Albinism! Why the fuck would I go out on a thing that is generally a HUGE sunburn & skin cancer machine. Yes the boat had a cabin......but it was tiny and airless.

your ex's consideration effort = EPIC FAIL!

No.
No.
No.
I am.

*laughing my butt off* Seriously

Back