Share your work/co-worker horror stories here

Why is it your job to clean it up? Are you a janitor?

No. I am a Kennel Assistant. It's not supposed to be just my job to clean the rest rooms but no one else will do it and I refuse to use a dirty restroom. As a kennel assistant I make sure the techs have what they need to do their jobs, supplies, laundry, clean cages, fluid bags for patients. General cleaning of the hospital is a responsibility though. Someone has to do it but dealing with this is not. I will not clean it up next time and was told not to. Eh.

Well...when I was working...someone took a leave of absence from the 3rd shift, or "the graveyard shift"...and my boss told me I would have to work that shift for 2 weeks....9PM-6AM...

The hours were horrible...and I didn't really know the people on that shift. On the 3rd night I went into work at 9PM, barely dragging my azz...the Lady who sat in back of me asked me "Are you alright"?...and I said "NO, I haven't and can't sleep, this shift is terrible."...She said not to worry, and handed me a Black pill....(to find out it was a "Black Beauty")....

Not knowing anything about drugs, and half asleep, I took that pill.....and within 10 minutes or so....:shock:...I was jumping all around, chewed thru 2 packs of gum....grabbing work, acting so hyper...that another employee asked me..."Are you alright"?....and I said "No, the Lady gave me a pill because I was half asleep and now I can't sit still!"....

He said...."ahhh, come on with me...take a little break out in the parking lot"...so I did...then he offered me a "j"...said it would calm me down....(I'd never smoked before)...I took a few puffs, started coughing....went back to work...and fell asleep again!

Somehow, I made it thru 2 weeks on that shift, and never went back.

'

That is the funniest story i've ever heard!!! :laugh2: :D :giggle:

Ask PFH about one of my old coworkers. He knows. My coworker was a nightmare.

No. I am a Kennel Assistant. It's not supposed to be just my job to clean the rest rooms but no one else will do it and I refuse to use a dirty restroom. As a kennel assistant I make sure the techs have what they need to do their jobs, supplies, laundry, clean cages, fluid bags for patients. General cleaning of the hospital is a responsibility though. Someone has to do it but dealing with this is not. I will not clean it up next time and was told not to. Eh.

simple - report them to health inspector. anonymously.

I have 2 stories, not exactly horror stories but anyway.

When I was 17 I used to work as a temporary painter job at a university and there was a big break room that are used for all the housekeepers and temporary painter as well. A house keeper lady who recently was hired I would say maybe 5 or 6 years older than I was. Anyway that day while I was painting I caught her having a accident by pouring the sweep bucket into the sink but some how she wasn't pay attention instead dumped into the floor and wetted her pants. Anyway few hour later at lunch time I was sitting eating instant lunch noodle soup and that lady walked in and sat down and removed her shoes and socks, after that I couldn't believe what I saw with my own eyes. She put her wet socks in the microwave to dry them. DISGUSTING! She didn't care that everybody is using that one same microwave for lunch. After that she never bother to clean up the microwave.

Lastly, when I was 19 I was working at a small warehouse packing the dried foods. During the middle of packing I needed to go restroom really bad so I decided to stop it and went to bathroom. At that time I was using my hearing aids and I heard the lady right behind me was trying too hard to do her business unaware that I was there, grossing out and went back to work. Around 10 minutes later the lady went back to her area and work. So again few minutes later while was minding my own business my former boss told me to go and clean up the bathroom because it was flooding from the toilet where the lady was at earlier. It was a huge mess and I cleaned up. When finished went back to my work area and I started to noticed that the drain that are in the middle of the floor began to acting up and saw the water came out and began to flood the whole floor and it smelt bad, I asked one of my coworker if she knows where that drain came from and she said it came from bathroom flushes. Eventually I was worried because they could blame me because I was the last person in the bathroom cleaning up the mess. My former boss was ticked off and asked me what did I do. I explained to him that I didn't flush while cleaning because I know that it will flood again. So he excused me, and we had to go home afterward because the water wont stop coming out.
Then next day I went to work and saw my former boss yelling at that women because she was the responsible one that caused the flood by flushing the medications bottle into the drain and also found that she has smoked in the bathroom. That lady was fired afterward

I remember when I was working the insurance clerk. I couldn't stand the lady who eating anything even pile food. The problem, my desk across is my boss desk. I can see what she is eating.

I couldn't believe when I saw and my jaw went drop. Probably not much blinking my eyes because it went sore. She ate the half feet of jerk beef roll/stick. She put that stick in her mouth. She almost like it not chewy... It like she have disposer in mouth/throat. The stick is hopping and swirl around until into mouth without CHEWY. I was like my GOD... I sack the files over desk that I do not want see her other half jerk beef stick and do again. When I see she has jerk stick on desk, I sack the files on my desk. It disturb to watch. I probably say what I see as the rate is MA

I caught a security guard pulling out his upper denture. Gross.

I was on a Manager/Production Leader team with Burger King years ago. We would go to the different store and check up on them. We would work in these stores for 2-3 months and deal with whatever came up. Once, when the Regional Manager was due to visit, we had not checked over the front line carefully enough it seems. This one store had some pranksters and we did not tell anyone that we were expecting anyone. That always makes these people freak out. Well, we were so embarrassed. It seems, that the guys running the registers are handy making things with those "handi-wipe" cloths. The rolled the red ones up to resemble a guys penis and stuck it in the cash drawer in the spot for the $10 bills. This Regional Manager comes in and the guys all totally freaked. Turns out, this was a very straight-laced female that 2 of the guys knew from their church. She took an order and proceeded to take the cash and was totally mortified at the cash drawer. :laugh2: Worst of it was, she knew which guys it was who did it.

At my old job, there was a male co-worker that no one really liked. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he was not nice to anyone. Anyway, I was in the bathroom once using the urinal and I could smell that someone was doing a number 2. lol Then I heard the toilet flush and this guy walked right out of the bathroom without washing his hands.

It took me a long time to get used to the idea of people not washing hands after a number one. But not washing hands after a number two is *disgusting!*

:shock: :barf:

There was a hearie friend that I had made at work that I became close friends with. We discussed a lot of philosophy and stuff that most people aren't really interested in talking about. Imagine a couple of college professors debating the points of life. That was us.

Between his brother committing suicide that year and me telling him that I wanted to go back to college to go into IT, something snapped and he turned against me. He started badmouthing me at work and I started getting dirty looks from other people at work. (I'm a very good, hard worker and I get along with everyone, so this was unnerving, to say the least.) At the same time, I was dealing with an upstairs apartment neighbor who was partying at all hours and I couldn't sleep (I can still hear that). Basically, 2-3 hours a night of sleep and really weird crap at work. It was very tough to deal with alone. I put in my two week's notice and never looked back. In college now working on IT program. However, before I left, it was gratifying to get over 30 emails from co-workers wishing me good luck. It was nice to know that not everyone I worked with fell for the propaganda my "friend/co-worker" spewed. I don't even know all that he said to people, but I'm not stupid... I could see from the shifting mood that he said something.

This why I am glad I go to college. I forgot horrid worker stories. I wonder if this what teaching high school is going to be like, only in that case it might be student stories I guess.:hmm:

Wow, I've held several different jobs and I dont think I have any stories to tell you guys.

Except when I borrowed my co-worker's car and left it running till it ran out gas. God I was so embarassed.

its not a horror, but its kind of funny, when i worked at the power company in FL, the call center is open 24hrs. So a coworker came to me saying that a customer was on the phone asking what time we close, and i said, we're open 24hrs... and she said, well.. the customer is in california right now, so is that eastern or pacific time? I repeated myself... its 24hrs.... she said, yeah i know but eastern or pacific time?? then i kinda spoke more clearly and a little louder, maybe she wasnt understanding me.. twweennnttyyy fooouuuurrrr houuurssss.... she looks at me like im retarded and says... eaaassstteeerrrnnn or paciiiifiiiiccc??? shaking my head feeling like the world is lost, i said pacific.

Wirelessly posted

anlos09 said:
its not a horror, but its kind of funny, when i worked at the power company in FL, the call center is open 24hrs. So a coworker came to me saying that a customer was on the phone asking what time we close, and i said, we're open 24hrs... and she said, well.. the customer is in california right now, so is that eastern or pacific time? I repeated myself... its 24hrs.... she said, yeah i know but eastern or pacific time?? then i kinda spoke more clearly and a little louder, maybe she wasnt understanding me.. twweennnttyyy fooouuuurrrr houuurssss.... she looks at me like im retarded and says... eaaassstteeerrrnnn or paciiiifiiiiccc??? shaking my head feeling like the world is lost, i said pacific.

Wow... Epic.

Wow, I've held several different jobs and I dont think I have any stories to tell you guys.

Except when I borrowed my co-worker's car and left it running till it ran out gas. God I was so embarassed.

It's like the line from rounders.... If you don't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you are the sucker.

Back