Share your work/co-worker horror stories here

FadedRose

Reaction score
odd, banal behavior this thread is all about THAT. The people you share half a day or more with. People you would never be friends with or maybe. Share your stories of odd behavior, known or unknown ( keep it as anon as possible ).

Here's mine to start. We've a serial booger wiper in the employees restroom who rather gleefully appears to love, just loves to gross out other fellow employees, me included. Who this person is we don't know but I've had it up to here ( draws line over head ). This person likes to wipe their boogers on the wall next to the camode as they are doing business.

Today I walked into the rest room to find that this same person blew his or her nose into the bathroom sink and LEFT IT THERE FOR ME TO CLEAN UP! The amount of boogers and green snot was so copious that it actually clogged up several drain holes.

Disgusting!!! Would it be normal for me to say that I've recently fantasized about torturing and dismembering this person? Here's a song that perfectly illistrates this: http://youtu.be/xhgacnz4mNk. I'm not a big fan of insane clown posse....btw. UGH! gross, gross! :: pulls hair out, goes insane, grabs an ax:: keep it up booger wiper you're about to make the monster surface! Alright...all humor aside:

What is something that your co-workers do that is equally as offensive?
Share!!!

:iobarf:

PS: lyrics contain uh...harsh words. Just so you know.

Well...when I was working...someone took a leave of absence from the 3rd shift, or "the graveyard shift"...and my boss told me I would have to work that shift for 2 weeks....9PM-6AM...

The hours were horrible...and I didn't really know the people on that shift. On the 3rd night I went into work at 9PM, barely dragging my azz...the Lady who sat in back of me asked me "Are you alright"?...and I said "NO, I haven't and can't sleep, this shift is terrible."...She said not to worry, and handed me a Black pill....(to find out it was a "Black Beauty")....

Not knowing anything about drugs, and half asleep, I took that pill.....and within 10 minutes or so....:shock:...I was jumping all around, chewed thru 2 packs of gum....grabbing work, acting so hyper...that another employee asked me..."Are you alright"?....and I said "No, the Lady gave me a pill because I was half asleep and now I can't sit still!"....

He said...."ahhh, come on with me...take a little break out in the parking lot"...so I did...then he offered me a "j"...said it would calm me down....(I'd never smoked before)...I took a few puffs, started coughing....went back to work...and fell asleep again!

Somehow, I made it thru 2 weeks on that shift, and never went back.

'

One horror work story was when someone wrote my name in the attendance log stating that I was out sick when I was at work. I got docked for the sick leave and I had to bust my chops trying to prove that I was at work because I didnt find out about it until I got my paystub two weeks later that I was missing 8 hours of sick leave. People couldnt remember if I was there that actual day. I heard that it was meant to be a prank but it went too far. I was furious. Finally, got the sick hours compensated but not until the following year. :roll:

I remembered when i was working in a law office under my dad's business that he is a lawyer. I went to a new copy machine was replaced for making a lot of copies of the documents for the evidences before getting ready for my dad go to the court. Guess what? A hearing co worker interrputted and log my account out without telling me. She was keep looking at a new copy machine in different room. I was very patience to waiting for her unless she done with fax but she can not find how to slove problem with a fax. She try to talking with me but she did not know that I am deaf. I am keep cool down myself and not let get myself angry at her. She seem rude to me no reason and walk away like a snob. She must be new. But i have to let her go and move on.

Just FYI that new copy machine's faxes are most annoying that I have to watch out. When I start making the copies and spotted that fax appear. I have to grab the papers quickly before more faxes appear otherwise they can get in mixed and confuse me. Better keep separate them more clear where the workers can find easlier. I need to be more careful with it. In my opition that if any workers want to get fax quickly. They should check at a reception desk without mixing up and save their time. Well.

However, I have no problem along with most of co workers and receptionists. When I was walking outside of my dad's office and head to a recepstion desk for hand mail to sent out and ask for unlock the door with a key wireless door for me if I forget leave it at office.

I don't know if I say this as a horror story.... but it's a disgusting thought..
As I was getting ready to head over to another office building for IT meeting. I walked into the roomfull of IT guys and saw me, they all waved and suddenly at the corner of my eye, I saw a quart size, square plastic container sitting on the floor, in front of one of guy's desk. I look carefully, there's a slightly, but not quiet yellow...about half to 1 cup in it...I picked up carefully showing everyone... I said, "Ok guys... what is this??" one guy (he's the one that left the container in front of his desk on the floor) responded, "Oh...umm.. I couldn't make it to the bathroom".
I shooked my head...everyone was laughing....
I set this container on top of his keyboard... then I said.."You and I need to talk later...." SIgh... "ok..let move on with the meeting...."

This isn't a gross story for me, but an :roll: co-worker. She is quick to cast blame (guilty before innocent), and to anyone, until the situation is explained. It's frustrating. It feels like dealing with a teenager when in reality this woman is near 40.

One dude left a steamer like 2 foot long in the middle of the work bathroom. We had no idea who did it, and the manager had to clean it up. He wasn't pleased.

One dude left a steamer like 2 foot long in the middle of the work bathroom. We had no idea who did it, and the manager had to clean it up. He wasn't pleased.

UGH! :sticks finger down throat:.

that's way worse than the booger wiper we have at mine. Good God....:eek3:

A two-footer ??

:shock:

PFH, are you sure Bigfoot didn't visit you guys at work?

I used to work at an old factory, and oh god the men I worked with. They were disgusting jerks. One of them would always follow me and make creepy comments. One time he even followed me to the ladies restroom! I told him to get the hell away from me but he just stood there smirking at me. Echh..glad I don't work there anymore.

A two-footer ??

:shock:

PFH, are you sure Bigfoot didn't visit you guys at work?

Funny you mention that, we suspected it was this dude, - a hulking 6 foot 9 guy, and he lived in the mountains without any utilities. His name was Stinky Tom, true story.

He had a beef with the manager at the time.

I work at a health club two days a week. When I go in the showers, I always check them to make sure there's no hair clumps around the drain (and clean out with paper towel). Last week there was this HUGE clump of dark hair (eeew), like the person aught to have a big bald spot after that shampooing. Some people are such pigs! Hair clumps are disgusting.

Man, yo stories are jokes.

I mentioned about this a while back when I was new. I worked at steel factory at age 20. I was only white dood in my department, medium-sized building,only. They were real badasses straight from the ghetto.They all liked my stinky bud. :giggle:

One day, we saw a raccoon in 50 gallon drum, alive. My boss put a lid on drum, ring around the lid and locked it with huge bolt. He then put the drum in the tunnel. Over 2,000 degrees, heat. After it was over, he checked. Nothing left.Poor raccoon and long ride. The tunnel was over 50 yards. He was very crazy. I got him beer (six-pack) one day and he drank beer in foam cup with full of ice. :lol: He was real strong. Tall,very skinny black dood. I miss all of them. My neighbor got me a job there and his son a job same time. He told us dont make me look like a jackass. I worked there fer a while and his son quit less than a week. :lol:

At my landscapin job, my first week, I was sexually harassed by a fookin' WOMAN! I was sittin' on blade waitin' for my foreman in the yard. She stood in front of me, her back in front of me mockin me. She was jerkin-off her coat zipper. I was like wow. The guys laughed and I kept it cool. So, only my foreman cared about me b/c he was only one knew I was hard worker. So, two weeks went by, the guys and the girl realized they fucked wit the wrong dood. Im such a bad ass.

After one month, I was employee of the month. I was called workhorse. I still didnt like these folks. One day, couple of guys wanted to attack me in the yard in mornin' but they were afraid and get this, they got wrote up. I wanted to brawl with them. I dont like to fight with ppl who want to fight jest b/c they drunk. That bitch was a psycho. I mean, she sexually harassed me more than once. She was ugly. Get this, her work buddy was my biggest bully. After I left, I saw him at wal-mart. He left before me. He was comin out with a cart and I was walkin' in. I stopped and stared him down. He looked at me and knodded his head with a smile. He looked over his shoulders after he passed me. He was scared shitless. I know he wish he didnt know who I was.

I quit and went back 2 yrs later. My same boss put me on this crew with 2 big ridin' lawn mowers b/c of biggest properties. My new foreman was really happy with me and called me ox. Well, my boss didnt want me to mow. One guy came back and he was very lazy. So my boss put him on my crew and told the foreman I dont want the guy to trim b/c he has a bad back. I mean, my foreman was upset b/c we should have two rookies on our crew. (4 workers). My boss wanted me do a lot of trimmin b/c I make everybody's jobs a lot easier. So, one day my boss came over and wanted to talk to me right away. I told him to fuck off. He said, you're fired. I got right in his face and said "FUCK YOU!" He put his hands in his pockets and locked his elbows. He was shakin. I almost blacked out and kick his ass. Get this, the owner came and picked me up. :lol: I was only there for six weeks. We did mulchin' before mowin. It was only first week of mowin'. The other worker who was a veteran wanted to work with me. He was pissed off already at the lazy guy.

EDIT: After I was fired, several of my work buddies left. Bull shit job, ya know.

Last edited:
I work with my husband so I have to say I have no co-worker horror stories ... because I want to keep my job and my husband. hahaha

I used to work at an old factory, and oh god the men I worked with. They were disgusting jerks. One of them would always follow me and make creepy comments. One time he even followed me to the ladies restroom! I told him to get the hell away from me but he just stood there smirking at me. Echh..glad I don't work there anymore.

:eek3: That is creepy. Especially the following around including to the ladies rest room. Due to my hearing loss if someone says something "creepy" to me I typically do not catch it thank goodness.

what a weirdo!

Today I walked into the rest room to find that this same person blew his or her nose into the bathroom sink and LEFT IT THERE FOR ME TO CLEAN UP! The amount of boogers and green snot was so copious that it actually clogged up several drain holes.

Why is it your job to clean it up? Are you a janitor?

I do remember at one job, I can't remember which one, but one of the lady's was a total germaphobic and some of the co-workers were sick of it. The put the saran wrap over the toilet bowl on her. They would purposely sneeze in her face, and just general stuff like that. Eventually, she put up a security camera and those involved were suspended then fired.

Umm...I don't exactly have co-worker horror stories compared to you guys. Some of my co-workers were just boring and quiet.

Back