Sexualization of girls

My DD informed me the other day that one of her classmates wears a training bra and they are only 4!! :shock: My DD asked she could get one and I firmly said NO! My god the pressure society puts on girls these days. It makes me sad.

Oh that is going WAAAAYYYYYY tooooo FAR!!! Come on! What's wrong with these parents?

I know of this girl who is able to manipulate her mother so she wore training bras when she was in 2nd grade and the principal made her take it off. She stuffed tissue paper in them. I applaud the principal for taking action!

Oh that is going WAAAAYYYYYY tooooo FAR!!! Come on! What's wrong with these parents?

I know of this girl who is able to manipulate her mother so she wore training bras when she was in 2nd grade and the principal made her take it off. She stuffed tissue paper in them. I applaud the principal for taking action!

He had more sense than the mother who let her wear them!

I know a girl who is 13 years old. I thought she was 16 years old. I asked her about her age because she have large breast and wore sexy clothes. I was shocked that she said she was 13. she said she dont like act like this age. I learned that she ended up got preg ( she is now 14.) I never forget that she had older boyfriend that he had his own car. I didnt feel right about them. I felt sorry for her mother. I don't have girls. I have son. I will tell my son to respect girls.

I think it's very sick to encourage young girls to do that. They do not need to grow up that fast!

I know a girl who is 13 years old. I thought she was 16 years old. I asked her about her age because she have large breast and wore sexy clothes. I was shocked that she said she was 13. she said she dont like act like this age. I learned that she ended up got preg ( she is now 14.) I never forget that she had older boyfriend that he had his own car. I didnt feel right about them. I felt sorry for her mother. I don't have girls. I have son. I will tell my son to respect girls.

opps I mean was 13. Sorry about that!

Happened to me once.

I was at the mall with my brother. I saw this girl walking by and told my brother, "Damn, she's hot! I'd date her!" (I was 19 at the time and thought the girl was 18.) My brother told me that she was actually 16 and was going to his high school. *gulps*

That's why I'm usually careful about who I date. If only they could pass a law that makes it required for people to show each other their drivers license every time they date for the first time. ;)

I dont think all the blame can be on the parents. I have a two yr old daughter. I took her out to find a bathingsuit, and all they had were low back, low cut bathingsuits and bikinis! FOR BABIES!!! I was so pissed off. I bought my daughter a shorts cut wetsuit.

The shorts, the tops... all way too sexy for small children. I find it appalling.

I dont think all the blame can be on the parents. I have a two yr old daughter. I took her out to find a bathingsuit, and all they had were low back, low cut bathingsuits and bikinis! FOR BABIES!!! I was so pissed off. I bought my daughter a shorts cut wetsuit.

The shorts, the tops... all way too sexy for small children. I find it appalling.

Doesnt the blame lie with the parents for buying clothes like these? U took control and bought your daughter a wetsuit instead of succuming to buying all these sexy swimsuits. Good for u!

Doesnt the blame lie with the parents for buying clothes like these? U took control and bought your daughter a wetsuit instead of succuming to buying all these sexy swimsuits. Good for u!

I agree, but I also think that clothes manufacturers need to take at least some blame for promoting that kind of dress and not leaving any other modest alternative to skimpy child wear.

If the options werent out there, and werent overwhelming(along with media pressure on little girls with all those skimpy clad, makeup'd girls on tv), then alot of parents wouldnt have the pressure of literally having to scour stores for half way decent clothes. I think alot of parents give in because its just too much to argue about it, on top of our society rapidly becoming desensitized to the "sexualized little girl".

Its almost like going to the grocery store for moms of 11 yr olds to take them to buy thong undies at little girl stores(like limited too)... its revolting.

katt.

I agree, but I also think that clothes manufacturers need to take at least some blame for promoting that kind of dress and not leaving any other modest alternative to skimpy child wear.

If the options werent out there, and werent overwhelming(along with media pressure on little girls with all those skimpy clad, makeup'd girls on tv), then alot of parents wouldnt have the pressure of literally having to scour stores for half way decent clothes. I think alot of parents give in because its just too much to argue about it, on top of our society rapidly becoming desensitized to the "sexualized little girl".

Its almost like going to the grocery store for moms of 11 yr olds to take them to buy thong undies at little girl stores(like limited too)... its revolting.

katt.

True..so we have to make a stand or boycott. Something like that. I have a 2 year old boy so no problems there. I have an 11 year old girl but back then when she was younger, the clothes were very appropriate. I guess things have changed since then? Hmmmm.

Back