Sexual Fluidity

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of this concept. It's basically for people who are into other people - regardless of gender. It's like bisexuality, but I don't really relate to the label "bisexual"... I feel more comfortable using the term "sexual fluid".

I can honestly say that I'm sexually fluid - which means, I'd date people - either male or female. It's all about the personality, not gender.

Like this saying goes... love knows no gender :)

Just wondering if there are people out there who feel that they're sexually fluid :)

I have always felt that gender and sexuality are much more fluid than people are willing to admit. We like things in boxes, don't we, with the lines clearly drawn. It's human nature to cling to labels, it tells us how to interact with our world.

I love women. Date women. Consider myself 100% dyke... but the label I prefer is queer. I think queer is much more accepting of all the grey areas, in gender, in sexuality, in expression...

I had a friend of mine who has labeled herself as bisexual for years. The other day we were talking, and she was really upset... because right now, she just wants to date women. She's not interested in guys. She was getting pressure from her friends--straight and gay--to pick her label. I told her... well, so if you want to label yourself as lesbian, what's the problem? It doesn't have to be permanent, it doesn't have to feel limiting, and it doesn't negate the previous relationships you had. Labels can change, feelings can change, as a person grows and evolves... and meets new people... Life doesn't stay in one box, life is fluid, why can't sexuality be as well?

I definitely consider myself pansexual- but because that's not a term most people I meet are familiar with, I'll generally just say I'm bisexual.

a truely sexually fluid person could be called pansexual or omnisexual, they would not care about a persons identity (gender or sexual) but they would look more towards other traits that appeal to them, such as personality, common interests, that sort of thing. so it is quite different from a bisexual person, and from others definitions of sexually fluid... pansexuality and omnisexuality take into account others who are not of the "gender norms"

wtf I'VE LOST IT ALREADY LOL

i wonder if woman loves other woman , its that also to do with not just the sex, but the way they can relax talking about clothes or such in great detail? forgive me if that seems stereotyping , just curious, now if this might fit omisexual or pansexual how in what way?

Last edited:
what is pansexual? never heard of it

Last edited:
So, if someone were to ask you what your sexual orientation was... what would you say?

"Hello, I'm sexually fluidic?"

I'm sorry, I thought the first thing when I saw the title. I thought it's male who love being squirt on his face from female's.

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of this concept. It's basically for people who are into other people - regardless of gender. It's like bisexuality, but I don't really relate to the label "bisexual"... I feel more comfortable using the term "sexual fluid".

I can honestly say that I'm sexually fluid - which means, I'd date people - either male or female. It's all about the personality, not gender.

Like this saying goes... love knows no gender :)

Just wondering if there are people out there who feel that they're sexually fluid :)

I just looked at this post, and I'm not sure if anyone has said this already, but another term for this is "pansexual". I find that sexual fluidity has a certain eloquence to it though :)

I also happen to be sexually fluid, however I usually just say bisexual so that people dont get confused.

I see someone asked about pansexuality... Basically, it just means that you like people for who they are, and that gender really doesn't come into it. Some prefer this to "bisexual", because BI-sexual implies that there are only two genders. "Pansexual" is more inclusive to transgender people and others who don't feel they fit neatly into the box of either "male" or "female".

i am so sexually fluid!

hello!
i totally get what u mean..i am definitely that!i am sexually fluid.i am now, currently dating a deaf woman(i am a hearing person),when previously i was actively dating men.i refused to be label as bisexual or lesbian because it's so political and hold such strong conviction, and i don't.i am just very fluid,that's all.:lol:
my gf was married and has 2 beautiful sons.after 2-3 years of abusive marriage, her husband left her for another woman.with such painful history and huge responsibility that she carries,it made her who she is to.a strong and most passionate woman i've ever met.i think that she's also sexually fluid because she was the one who came on to me..hehe..anyway,i really hope that we'd last because i'm falling deeply for her.
in conclusion,it doesn't matter if you are sexually fluid,it never deters you from being in a monogamous relationship.so, happy fluidity, people!:wave:

Back