Sexual Fluidity

shezzbeav

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys have heard of this concept. It's basically for people who are into other people - regardless of gender. It's like bisexuality, but I don't really relate to the label "bisexual"... I feel more comfortable using the term "sexual fluid".

I can honestly say that I'm sexually fluid - which means, I'd date people - either male or female. It's all about the personality, not gender.

Like this saying goes... love knows no gender :)

Just wondering if there are people out there who feel that they're sexually fluid :)

No its a interesting term. So enjoy the sexual fluid then :D

It sure is an interesting concept - there is a lot of articles about it. Google's your best friend ;)

Oh and there's a book about it by Lisa M. Diamond. I should read it sometime!

Although I'm primarly gay as eff, I haven't dismissed the possibilty of falling for a guy. It is personality for me too.......love knows no gender whatsoever.

I still think it is bisexuality.

It's his or her identity.

I dont understand the need to add more vocabulary to the same concept.

Like how people are saying that deaf children nowadays dont learn speech skills....they are learning spoken language. To me, it is the same thing.

Same with bisexuality and sexual fluidity. No offense.

I dont understand the need to add more vocabulary to the same concept.

Like how people are saying that deaf children nowadays dont learn speech skills....they are learning spoken language. To me, it is the same thing.

Same with bisexuality and sexual fluidity. No offense.

To me, I think sexual fluidity is a term that should exist, but not to describe one's sexual orientation, but rather how FLEXIBLE that orientation is. One can be straight but they can be sexually fluid enough to be attracted to the opposite sex.

In math terms: Orientation = Average (or Mean). Sexual Fluidity = Standard Deviation.

To me, I think sexual fluidity is a term that should exist, but not to describe one's sexual orientation, but rather how FLEXIBLE that orientation is. One can be straight but they can be sexually fluid enough to be attracted to the opposite sex.

In math terms: Orientation = Average (or Mean). Sexual Fluidity = Standard Deviation.

Oops.. I mean same sex. Just realized my error.. 2 days later!

there are many terms for things such as this... including pansexual, omnisexual. The biggest difference between a truely sexually fluid person and a bisexual (in the standard sense of the word) is someones true attraction to a person, not what is between their legs or how they identify. This would mean that a person would have no problem being attracted to someone who was born male but identify's as female, vise versa or who doesn't identify with a gender. I have studied this more than most people I know, and am currently working on a research project for it. if you have any questions, let me know.

What is the difference between a truly sexually fluid person and pansexual/omnisexual? Or are you saying that it's all the same?

What is the difference between a truly sexually fluid person and pansexual/omnisexual? Or are you saying that it's all the same?

a truely sexually fluid person could be called pansexual or omnisexual, they would not care about a persons identity (gender or sexual) but they would look more towards other traits that appeal to them, such as personality, common interests, that sort of thing. so it is quite different from a bisexual person, and from others definitions of sexually fluid... pansexuality and omnisexuality take into account others who are not of the "gender norms"

Interesting. Why have pansexual and omnisexual? Why two names?

Interesting. Why have pansexual and omnisexual? Why two names?

its more of a personal choice on what to call ones self... the meanings are the same when used in the true sense of the word. think of all the other english words that have the same meanings and are different...

I think in certain cultures and communities people are thinking more and more "outside the lines" of traditional gender and sex, including traditional gender orientation scale <straight-bi-gay or lesbian>. So have things like "genderqueer" and "pansexual" and people who are not straight who do oppose gay marriage because they think it pander too much to traditional sex or gender roles and perceptions.
I think this ability to think fluidly and more openly can be a good thing.

I think in certain cultures and communities people are thinking more and more "outside the lines" of traditional gender and sex, including traditional gender orientation scale <straight-bi-gay or lesbian>. So have things like "genderqueer" and "pansexual" and people who are not straight who do oppose gay marriage because they think it pander too much to traditional sex or gender roles and perceptions.
I think this ability to think fluidly and more openly can be a good thing.

Genderqueer is on the gender identity spectrum, they are people who do not identify with a gender... it is not a sexual identity, more of a gender identity.

I don't want my sexual orientation to have a label - be it gay, lesbian, bisexual or straight.
I hate it how today's society is based on 'labels'...

I don't care about the gender - all I care about is personality, and how I connect with that person. Don't have to make it everything about sex these days... I don't care if the person has a penis or a vagina. At the end of the day, we're all human beings.

Back