Sex before marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep like, we should tell greedy lawyers and religious nuts to piss off , leave people alone, they are the oldest, and worst con artists in the world!....
indeed con-artist, but of an establishment, because basically half of society is based on corruption, very sad world...

Yeah, and doesn't that commitment need some sort of proper confirmation?

Some people feel so, some don't. But let's face that piece of paper isn't, or shouldn't, be what holds two people together.

It's awesome if two people stay together their whole adult lives. Sometimes people just turn out to not be compatible. People don't usually change all that much, you just get to know them better. Living with someone lets you know them more deeply. Going through difficult situation lets you know them more truly. Not everyone steps up in a hard situation. Thank you universe for letting me live in a time when that piece if paper can get trashed. Being stuck the rest of your life with someone that you no longer love or get along with would be crying shame.

Some people feel so, some don't. But let's face that piece of paper isn't, or shouldn't, be what holds two people together.

It's awesome if two people stay together their whole adult lives. Sometimes people just turn out to not be compatible. People don't usually change all that much, you just get to know them better. Living with someone lets you know them more deeply. Going through difficult situation lets you know them more truly. Not everyone steps up in a hard situation. Thank you universe for letting me live in a time when that piece if paper can get trashed. Being stuck the rest of your life with someone that you no longer love or get along with would be crying shame.

Look, don't keep mentioning the 'paper'. I seriously believe that marriage is the bond formed by the relationship based on love, the certificate and the lawyers are outsiders really.

Look, don't keep mentioning the 'paper'. I seriously believe that marriage is the bond formed by the relationship based on love, the certificate and the lawyers are outsiders really.

I mentioned it once, that's "keeping" mentioning it???! Yeah, you wouldn't last long.

And you DID mention proper confirmation......that would be a marriage contract no?

relationship-these-days-1_zps04a9ea13.jpg

relationship-these-days-12_zps9bcd99e8.jpg

relationship-these-days-4_zps13616200.jpg

relationship-these-days-21_zps4766f5ea.jpg

I love the fact that people dislike lawyers and the judicial system and complain about the profession every single minute of their life...:roll:

On a personal note, I'd like to wait until marriage but if something happens, it happens. It's more so my cultural background and religious background that define my decision. Do I agree with everyone else? No.

However, I don't judge on their decisions either so as long as they respect my choice.

I mentioned it once, that's "keeping" mentioning it???! Yeah, you wouldn't last long.

And you DID mention proper confirmation......that would be a marriage contract no?

Sorry about my mistaken counting :), Ambrosia.
As for 'proper confirmation' or contract, I think it does not have to be necessarily written. However, as Grummer has pointed out, we live in a corrupt and sad world where things are never perfect. As such, the papers and lawyers may become part of the whole thing. In the end, it's up to what makes sense to you personally.

You can never tell today what is real and what is fake.
When my son-in-law had his leg amputated in an accident, my daughter said, "It's OK, he's still my husband; he isn't body parts."

Yes, he has a fake leg now but he's no less a person. His parts don't make him the person.

Is anyone less real if they wear glasses, contacts, hearing aids, CI, prostheses, etc.?

In other words, does it matter if some parts are fake as long as the person inside is genuine?

(This is not addressed to you but your post brought this to my mind.)

I'm not sure what lawyers have to do with sex before marriage.

When my son-in-law had his leg amputated in an accident, my daughter said, "It's OK, he's still my husband; he isn't body parts."

Yes, he has a fake leg now but he's no less a person. His parts don't make him the person.

Is anyone less real if they wear glasses, contacts, hearing aids, CI, prostheses, etc.?

In other words, does it matter if some parts are fake as long as the person inside is genuine?

(This is not addressed to you but your post brought this to my mind.)

I think she was probably thinking more along the lines if augmentation ;) implants and facelifts Botox and collagen etc

I think she was probably thinking more along the lines if augmentation ;) implants and facelifts Botox and collagen etc
Would it still make a difference when choosing a spouse?

Hmm I don't know. For some people yeah. Some people are really against plastic surgery and think only shallow people get it. Personally I think if something makes someone feel insecure, self conscious etc and having something altered makes them feel better and more confident I'm okay with that. Naturally there are people that go above and beyond and they have serious issues, that would probably stop me. Someone who has had extensive work done probably is not mentally healthy and not so much carrying baggage as they are carrying luggage.

You got butt implants fine, a nose job cool, a tummy tuck no problem, got a boob job, heck I'm jealous I'd love one......you went all Michael Jackson on yourself and now you're just this big plastic fantastic person???? Noooo run away run away!!! Know what I mean?

Sometimes. My husband's aunt put a condition on her marriage that his uncle had to get a nose job first as she found the nose he was born with unsightly.

That was in the fifties. They had a long and happy marriage until they both died a few years ago.

....you went all Michael Jackson on yourself and now you're just this big plastic fantastic person???? Noooo run away run away!!! Know what I mean?
Yes, that I understand. :lol:

Sometimes. My husband's aunt put a condition on her marriage that his uncle had to get a nose job first as she found the nose he was born with unsightly.

That was in the fifties. They had a long and happy marriage until they both died a few years ago.

:laugh2::laugh2: oh my garsh!! Wait, is this inappropriate laughter? Cuz that tickled my funny bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back