Sex before marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have this feeling God is not the sex police.

A wife is not a car. Period.

A husband isn't a car either but I'm sure both parties would like to know what each of us has.

equipped with turbocharger... low maintenance... bright headlights... etc

A husband isn't a car either but I'm sure both parties would like to know what each of us has.

People aren't things or parts.

Yes, that is important!! Turbocharger!! I would like to know if a woman liked car with turbocharger engine. That would say a lot whether I wanted to have sex or not. Just kidding. I am not forcing anyone to like turbocharger before having sex. :laugh2:

Yes, there have been those sins (and more) down thru the centuries; it's nothing new. That's the nature of mankind.

God's standards haven't changed. We just hear about stuff more openly now.
Really, this is getting ridiculous. How old is the bible? Don't you think God is more openly now? Gay marriage, abortions, etc... God still opposes them?

no need to bash anyone's opinions, just let them be and be happy!~

Really, this is getting ridiculous. How old is the bible? Don't you think God is more openly now? Gay marriage, abortions, etc... God still opposes them?
You know that we can't discuss religion back and forth at AD. I simply stated my beliefs about sex before marriage like anyone else can do.

To me it's not important either way as long as it is between two consenting adults.

If you believe it's wrong, then by all means don't do it against your will.

If you don't hold such belief and both parties would like to try, then by all means go for it.

I just can't buy marriage having anything to go with God. People were getting married far before the bible, there are cultures and religions a lot older than Christianity and they all got married. Marriage was all about property, a contract between fathers really, and the "marriage" served to make sure the property passed onto the son. That's what no sex outside the marriage, so the property didn't get passed to an illegimate child. Marrying for love is relatively new to our society given how far our history goes back.

So meh, I got no problems with it. I don't permission from the government, or god, to have sex. Sex is extremely natural and giving it evil, sinful connotations just gives me the creepy willies.

I just can't buy marriage having anything to go with God. People were getting married far before the bible, there are cultures and religions a lot older than Christianity and they all got married. Marriage was all about property, a contract between fathers really, and the "marriage" served to make sure the property passed onto the son. That's what no sex outside the marriage, so the property didn't get passed to an illegimate child. Marrying for love is relatively new to our society given how far our history goes back.

So meh, I got no problems with it. I don't permission from the government, or god, to have sex. Sex is extremely natural and giving it evil, sinful connotations just gives me the creepy willies.

Certainly explains why the Vatican kept changing it's beliefs when it should have been an absolute truth to begin with. Then there are those who "commit" said sins under the guise of religious obligations. I agree, these biblical restrictions make no sense IMO.

You know that we can't discuss religion back and forth at AD. I simply stated my beliefs about sex before marriage like anyone else can do.
Yeah, I know but you brought it up, not me.

God's standards...
:lol:

I understand that it's your belief. I respect it.

It is my belief that marriage was established by God as a sacred lifelong union between one man and one woman, as a model for the relationship between Jesus Christ (the groom) and His body of believers (the bride).

Obviously, men and women have fallen short of God's plan, which is why we now have adultery, divorce, fornication, domestic abuse, absentee dads, etc.

Sex before marriage is a sin but thankfully, God can forgive all sins if the sinner is repentant. The sad thing is, even though God forgives the sin and the judgment that would result, the scars of sin are still present.

Actions have consequences that ultimately can't be denied.

What about those religious people who have committed all of these sins? That is what I never understood.

In Canada, they have common-in-law marriage where they can have children without the marriage license. It is common in every community especially in the Native community. It is up to the decision between the two responsible adults. If the couple decide to get married for a reason like a contract (getting a loan or security or any other reasons for getting married). In USA, everyone want to get married, but there are other common-in-law marriage just to live together whether they have kids or not. :hmm:

maybe we should now be asking question like "sex after commitment, then what?"

here...
relationship-these-days-2_zps93af98fe.jpg

this is one of the best post ive seen here, wonderful

Funny how that works. Every thing changes when you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back