Sex before marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? Another thread with the same topic...

So you think the whole purpose of marriage is for two people to have sex with each other? That sure is what it sounds like.

I new I will be misunderstood. Well NO, Ambrosia, I don't mean to say marriage is all about sex. I know it's about people who decide that they deeply love each other and wouldn't mind spending the most part of their life together. And of course there are kids and other reasons. However, let's be honest, sex is in many ways a major issue and depending on how it is handled it can make or destroy a marriage.

Sex before marriage is no biggie. Really, it is nobody else's business what a couple does behind closed doors married or not. Are you the type to judge others based on what they do in their private lives?

No, am not about judging anyone. I gave my side in the matter and so you too give your own, it's not about nosing in someone's private life.

Is it a big issue to you? Do you think it contributes to likelihood of a divorce after marriage? Does marriage matter anymore to you? Well, I think if one have sex before marriage they might just as easily have it outside marriage, thus defeating the whole business of marriage.

I sincerely doubt because someone has sex before marriage that means they'll easily have it outside of it. I have definitely had sex with multiple people and I have NEVER cheated in any of my relationships, nor would I. I am an incredibly loyal person. I don't think a person having sex before marriage shows anything negative about their character. ( including potential infidelity ) I honestly don't know anyone in my personal life who has waited until marriage and I don't know any of them who have cheated. ( Because I can not STAND cheaters ) Sometimes people might think they found the "one" they're meant to be with and they go that far. Then they found out "the one" was a druggie, abuser, cheater or god knows what! We don't know everyone's circumstances. We as people are capable of loving multiple people in our life time. Again, having sex before marriage does not define whether someone will cheat, nowhere near anything like that. There are many circumstances that play into why someone might have been sexually active before they met us. I'm not here to judge their reasons. I'm just here trying to make something work in the long run. :)

I don't think it's really a bad thing, so long as the person is safe and everything. If you have the ability and patience to wait till marriage, good for you! That's a very hard thing to do, and I can definitely admire someone who can. ( I didn't :giggle: ) However, I also see that the whole sex before marriage is a personal belief as well as marriage being a personal belief. Some people don't want to get married, and that's fine. What people do with themselves is not my business and they are free to do as they please. :)

In otherwords, don't bother waiting for marriage...And marriage is to be defined by an individual for themselves, well, I get your opinion Ms Straight Talker :) .

I sincerely doubt because someone has sex before marriage that means they'll easily have it outside of it. I have definitely had sex with multiple people and I have NEVER cheated in any of my relationships, nor would I. I am an incredibly loyal person. I don't think a person having sex before marriage shows anything negative about their character. ( including potential infidelity ) I honestly don't know anyone in my personal life who has waited until marriage and I don't know any of them who have cheated. ( Because I can not STAND cheaters ) Sometimes people might think they found the "one" they're meant to be with and they go that far. Then they found out "the one" was a druggie, abuser, cheater or god knows what! We don't know everyone's circumstances. We as people are capable of loving multiple people in our life time. Again, having sex before marriage does not define whether someone will cheat, nowhere near anything like that. There are many circumstances that play into why someone might have been sexually active before they met us. I'm not here to judge their reasons. I'm just here trying to make something work in the long run. :)

Thus I think, for most people these days, marriage doesn't matter much, one can jump into a relationship then be done with it and then into the next and so on. It is a personal thing, that is right. However, everyone is a factor to how their society and the world are shaped.

:cool2:

I sure as hell wouldn't be renting a hotel room every time I wanted to have sex with my SO, when I have a perfectly good place I already pay for. What kind of weird idea is that? Yeah I'm going to rent a hotel room 3 or 4 days a week just to boff my boyfriend or husband.

:crazy:

:laugh2::laugh2:

who cares about marriage its just an expensive, stupid piece of paper for lawyers to play with ... **** it, if you wanna **** Then ****!!!

If I married, I would be loyal until otherwise told. I, too, can't stand affairs, and if I found the right person, there won't be any affairs happening from me, but as for women, I honestly have no idea of their backgrounds, so if I married, I'd be sure that person was the best fit.

It is my belief that marriage was established by God as a sacred lifelong union between one man and one woman, as a model for the relationship between Jesus Christ (the groom) and His body of believers (the bride).

Obviously, men and women have fallen short of God's plan, which is why we now have adultery, divorce, fornication, domestic abuse, absentee dads, etc.

Sex before marriage is a sin but thankfully, God can forgive all sins if the sinner is repentant. The sad thing is, even though God forgives the sin and the judgment that would result, the scars of sin are still present.

Actions have consequences that ultimately can't be denied.

gotta have a test drive before I sign the contract. period.

Those who do not play the game should not make the rules.

It is my belief that marriage was established by God as a sacred lifelong union between one man and one woman, as a model for the relationship between Jesus Christ (the groom) and His body of believers (the bride).

Obviously, men and women have fallen short of God's plan, which is why we now have adultery, divorce, fornication, domestic abuse, absentee dads, etc.

Sex before marriage is a sin but thankfully, God can forgive all sins if the sinner is repentant. The sad thing is, even though God forgives the sin and the judgment that would result, the scars of sin are still present.

I share your belief, you put it quite simply and straight forward.

:laugh2:

Clearly this is a huge issue. :P
Huge issue? Those people...

DCQqZp0.gif

There has always been adultery, divorce, fornication, domestic abuse, absentee dads, etc. It just was not talked about so freely when I was growing up or before my time. I had a client that was in her 80's and she told me when her mother was pregnant she had no idea what was going on when her mother stayed her bedroom for 3 days then came out with a baby.
My client said people did not talk about things the way they did today. There a lot of people that do not want to get married and there nothing wrong them having sex .

I was just joking about the hotel thing. I know many people won't rent hotels just for that (excepts for lawyers, maybe?), and as for condos having soundproofing, that's new for me.

My condo does not have soundproofing .

gotta have a test drive before I sign the contract. period.

Yeah ,I know how you feel , I wanted to do this with my ex husband. I see nothing wrong with having sex before marriage.

There has always been adultery, divorce, fornication, domestic abuse, absentee dads, etc. It just was not talked about so freely when I was growing up or before my time. I had a client that was in her 80's and she told me when her mother was pregnant she had no idea what was going on when her mother stayed her bedroom for 3 days then came out with a baby.
My client said people did not talk about things the way they did today. There a lot of people that do not want to get married and there nothing wrong them having sex .
Yes, there have been those sins (and more) down thru the centuries; it's nothing new. That's the nature of mankind.

God's standards haven't changed. We just hear about stuff more openly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back