September 11, 2001

I can still remember like it was only yesterday. It was a tragic event that day. Even though I am from NJ and lived in Puerto Rico...they are our people...a American citizen and we are all part of it. Those people were so innocent only to be killed by the axles of evil. The sounds of their screaming and pain across the global sadden us. Imagine us in their shoe...only then would you understand the true feeling that haunts them. And that day will always haunts us forever. :(

I was in DC when it happened. Saw all the smoke from the Pentagon. It really covered the whole south part of the DC skyline.

I was having a yard sale that morning I did cut it short. I was glue to the TV till way in the next morning.I will never forget that day. Someone told me the next day that flight 93 flew over the county that we ( family) live in.

My husband went to work...called me from car, saying - you better turn on news, something happened! So I turned it on and watched as the towers went, it was like everything was going in slow motion. And I started calling my family members, feeling need to get in touch with them. And I remember too, how eerie it was, no one was out, no cars, everybody seemed to watching or taking in the news. I sat and cuddled with my dogs and just watched...and we were supposed to go to dog training that night. I wanted to take both my dogs, not just the dog enrolled in the class. The class was still on but it was so...eerie, and on the way home, we saw these huge lines of people at gas stations, in their cars and walking around in the parking lot talking on cell phones - people were just panicking and we didn't know why <we're in WI> and then a friend of my husband called and said - you better go get some gas because there's gonna be a shortage. My husband was like, what? So, no, we didn't go and get gas and load up gas cans, but we kept passing stations where there was all this chaos. And within a few hours, people were going around selling and buying all these American flags and related logos, we kept passing them, too, selling in parking lots., and walking down the street giving away flags at lights.

Just finished watching "The 103 Minutues that Changed America", a documentary of collected videos taken by different New Yorkers on that day. Now, I feel a sense of void..like people are really forgetting that day..like it is becoming just another day of rememberance. Maybe I feel a personal connection because I was in DC and witnessed all that black smoke filling the skies and the feelings of panic of wanting to get out of DC. I guess I am just being weird..I always get weird on this day.

I was single and living in my own mobile home when I woke up late that morning. Ate breakfast, got on the computer and I get an IM, "Dood, have you seen the news??"

"What news?"

"Turn on the TV"

So I did and my jaw dropped.

I got to catch the buildings come down. OMG

It was a sight I'll never forget.

Yiz

Yeah, I remember hearing it on the radio in my work Jeep Cherokee while I drove ( a 2 hour drive to a spot where I was supervising a deconstruction of a fishery dam) in North Carolina. Heard about a plane going into a building in NYC but the signal was going in and out as I got farther out of range. I figured it must've been one of those small airplanes that went in like the one time it did at the Empire State building. Then later near afternoon a district ranger came to check on the dam deconstruction project and told me and others that the "whole building just came down!" I didn't understand until she explained and that's when I realized it wasn't a small airplane. Then got home and my sister told me about the Pentagon where she and her husband worked and were on the way over there when it happened. They lost a lot of their friends and co-workers there, too. Her husband was stuck in traffic at the time.

check the thread titled Tasteless or Not?
i remember the day when my parents were away, i had this bossy women from their church 'houseminding' geez she rushed downstairs, she went mental saying it was on the bible - the end of days is coming the twin towers got hit, its on the news. She was white faced, like almost saying world war three has started. So I went upstairs with her, saw the planes smashing into the buildings, with thick smoke like I couldnt believe, bellowing out what seems like the buildings were made out of matchsticks...quite a sight

I remember about happened on 9/11, I was 8th grade student at middle school and teacher were planned to have instruction but turned into short and cancel the instruction after other teacher told our teacher to turn TV on and we are big surprised and scared, some students are cried and all of them are very disappointed. We have eat lunch in class and no schoolwork/homework, we just watch on TV all day and teachers have discuss about what happened during 9/11.

I remember that day like as if it were yesterday.

I was at Wal-Mart with my sons (they were 1 [almost 2] and 9 months old) that morning to do grocery shopping. I wanted to go there in the morning because it was easier to do it than dealing with a jam-packed store that usually occurs in the late afternoon/evening.

Anyway, So, as I was walking around pushing the shopping cart - I see a lot of people were flocking up to the T.V. and I thought "What's going on? What's up?". I got closer to the flock of people and saw the TV showing a footage of the 1st tower that was already hit. It didn't have the c.c. on, and thereafter, I went on to pay for the groceries.

Then, We all got home and immediately turned the T.V. on; Just in time to see the 2nd tower being hit. That is when I could not believe it. It was just surreal.

I will never forget this day. I was sleeping and thought I was dreaming what I heard on the radio alarm clock. I woke up and heard it again , then I turned on the tv and couldn't believe what happened.

It was so devastating to see so many people lose their lives on this horrible day. It was very quiet, airlines were instructed to cancel all flights bec I am near the airport. Heartbreaking day indeed.

I was in the car when I turned on the radio and a woman was crying hysterically on the air. It took a few minutes to figure out what was going on. The people on the radio sounded scared because they didn't know who would be attacked next. I called hubby and he said not to panic but go about with my plans. I dropped off my baby and kept a lunch date with a friend. We found the mall closed. We ate and decided to end the day early. I went to pick up my baby early.

Everyone in Colorado was scared because NORAD is there. Had the planes been deployed already? Would it be attacked? We listened for U.S. planes and helicopters.

When I got home and turned on the tv, I found out the extent of what had happened. It didn't seem real like it was some kind of movie or something. I was scared for the rescuers. They looked so tired and so in shock.

I was in high school during 11th grade in a weight lift class there was no tv or radio in the class as one of the teachers ran to the gym teacher telling him what she heard on the news and then he informed my interpreter and my interpreter explained to me that there was an plane crash at the world trade center in New York assuming it was an terrorist attack...I got puzzled and wondered who and why they did it. Until I went to the next class which was art class and they have that tv there as we saw the news we were all in silence...we didn't really do much in there expect listening to the news through out the whole day.

Certainly was one of the saddest and darkest day to us all in mankind history. I will never forget that exact day which was on a tuesday morning abt 9am to 10am.

All airports were closed immediately that day.

I was at work 10 minutes from the Pentagon. I could see the smoke. Watched TV all day and making sure my kids didn't watch the TV. Then at work we had heavy armed security for weeks afterwards.

I was at home.. woke up and turned on TV. Was glued to the tv much of the day, and while at work we can't send air packages to the airport since all non military planes has to stay on the ground for few days. Everyone was in a state of shock that day.

I was 9, my school tried to hid it from us. I went home to it on the tv on replay. I didn't fully understand what happened.

Back