September 11, 2001

Waxy

Reaction score
Manhattan-01.jpg

I'm a man of many interests.
I wish I could have some kind of plug in my brain a la Matrix so I could know EVERYTHING.
Then I realize- that would be boring. The process of learning is such of a fulfilling experience.
You only not get info in your brain, but also gain the know-how knowledge.
The pain of being an apprentice. Such lovely pain.

I've been widely critiziced by my thoughts and feelings regarding this subject (and others, actually), but... I trully believe it changed us ALL.
No matter the point of view you'd look at this matter (either you hate what the western culture represents or not, either you're black, white, assian, theist or atheist) you can't avoid the undeniable fact, that the world wont be the same after that.

It's -also widely- believed that the WWI changed the world forever. So did this event. Maybe more? Time will tell.

I think specifically about the americans itselves... I was watching this doc last night 102 Minutes That Changed America (2008) (TV)

I... I thought- "This people wont be the same again. The way the see theyselves. The way the see the world."
I mean.
Think about this picture.

WTC-remnant_highres.jpg

Wow.

I seriously have to say that I'd rather not be inside that head.
A new born generation it's being builded, not only with fear, but other kind of feelings and thoughts. And I'm speaking at a genetic level.
The people as culture, has changed. The event changed U.S. as CIVILIZATION.
And of course, it changed everyone of us. Directly, or undirectly.
Wether we like it, recognize it, accept it... or not.
The night of Monday 10, when we put our heads on the pillow, we were something entirely different, than the night of Tuesday 11.

Apologize in advance if I offend, or get pissed someone.
It's not my intention to be overly sentimental, nor cliche... not at all.
Just wanted to share how I truly feel about it.

I invite you to do the same.
Where were you at that time?

I was working. Couldn't listen the radio, neither had internet nor TV.
A co-worker with radio kept me updated.

Last edited:
I was sitting at the car lot. Saw it on TV. Thought it was fake at first.
I remembered crying and watching the news for most of the day.

Wow... it has been 8 years already?

I remember when it happened. I was majorly confused. Teachers just tried to keep it zip. My girlfriend at the time filled me out on the details since her uncle was on one of the planes.

sam the bright, everyone is getting emotional when it gets closer to sept 11. today is sept 8.

I am so relieved that my two sibings got home safe. i was so relieved that my brother had day off that day when the first building collasped and then the second building collasped. so my brother got call so he went in there at a much later. sad, he had not take a break from that place for 38 hours in a row after that he went home and then he went back after his one day off then helped cleaning up the dangerous, ground zero. He could have been sick from the air or could have cut his hands from the breakage stuffs unlike his coworkers got deep cut serious or lost fingers. :(

I was at work that day at different job. It was 4pm (since I'm in Europe) when I got the news and I will never forget it. Thought it was a joke when a colleague told me. Next I was thinking about some small plane or something... until news spread little by little that it was a commercial flight. (not that a small plane would be a good thing, mind you!) I just figured it would be less tragic so to speak.

Right before I left work the same colleague told me about another plane crashing into the second tower. That's where I sorta freaked out even though I was MILES away... I instantly knew something was going on....

:(

Yep, the date will be engraved forever and ALL OF US will ALWAYS know what we did that very day on that specific time! It's really sad...

I was in one of my Graphic Design classes when some guy came in and said something and my terp ran out of the classroom. The rest of the class looked shocked about something. It became apparent that my terp wouldn't come back soon so I said I would go home and the teacher let me. Turns out that her daughter works in DC near the Pentagon.

I went to bed and woke up to play an online game and when I logged on, I noticed some text about bombing in NYC and I realized from the text that something big had happened. So I checked out the news and I was like ZOMG!

Last edited:
I was lived in California, and it's happened! :(

I was at Virginia Tech when it happened. My dad was 10 min away from it.

Very scary moment on that day!

I was at home, and was feeding my 7 months old son, and now he is 8 and half. Time flies! We got home 48 hrs earlier from West Coast vacation.

We were so lucky to be home before it happened otherwise we will be totally stuck somewhere. My hubby got a bad vibe on Sept 8th at the Los Angeles Airport. He wasn't too sure what is bothering him. So we flew home from LAX to PGH then PGH to Buffalo. Then 48 hours later, shit...Twin towers were gone. :( MY best friend told me to watch the News so I had to switch input to regular TV channel and saw the towers went gone. :( I told my hubby but he was groggy and 1/2 asleep and didn't understand what I was telling him. Jet Lag and he wasn't feel very well. He stayed home to rest for a day then went back to work next day. It was so scary moment!!! I held my son and would not let anything happens to my family.

Hubby saw the news, and said ohhhh that's what I was trying tell him though. I had to go store get groceries.

My 3rd cousin was born on that day...but born in the evening of Sept 11. He will be 8 this coming Friday. Even though I never met him yet! Oh well.

I'm curious, why it set on Sept 11?

Oh...
Well.
I personally am a fan of plots and conspirations. The setting of 9/11 and its meaning is and will be discussed forever (you can google "9/11 conspirations")
Nowadays, I don't think about it that much, since, finding out that specific why, wont take much to the meaning of the event.
I mean, it happened. Could have been any other day

I was 11 years old, I just came home from school and saw on the news about Sept 11

I was at Virginia Tech when it happened. My dad was 10 min away from it.

You were at Va Tech - the same place where those mass killing took place?

Anyway, what do you think of the Blue Ridge Mountains? My mother's family is from the Shenandoah Valley area. I have relatives living in Luray there.

I was home playing game on the computer til someone mention the twin tower. I watched it on TV and then was worry about my friend's family since they lives in or around that area. Find out that one of my friend's sister work 2 blocks from the wtc and she had to walked home for 4 hours and called her family to let them know that she is fine.

yea i was at work. When i learned about it. Our office made us leave right away to get away from our building. I have been calling and trying to hold of my siblings alllll day to see if they are safe. The phone lines were busy all day and some times phoen lines were down. later ,I found out about them that they were fine in the late evening. I was worried about them all day. They work in nyc. when i heard that they are fine after that i was so exhausted.

Last edited:
I already wrote a story in the another thread.

- September 11, 2001
- I was 15 years old.
- I was at the Deaf school, in social science class before left for the library room to watch some news.
- My feeling was... I still never forget how I felt and felt so much uncomfortable moment... :(

Back