Sentencing tomorrow for John TC Yeh of Viable

[/B]

Good for your friend for standing up when she felt something wasn't right. It's too bad she lost her job, but she probably wouldn't have wanted to continue if she felt there were questionable things going on, right? I know I wouldn't...

Can you explain what you mean by the bolded statement?

From my understanding, that is the plan. It would mean deaf customers would have to report to the government which VRS service they want to use and be "stuck" with that. It would mean that we wont be allowed to use other VRS services. It is FCC's way to control the fraud by paying each VRS company by the number of customers rather than minutes. It hasnt been passed. That is what I have heard by word of mouth. I got it from a reliable source so I believe that is what FCC is planning on proposing in order to control or monitor fraud better. FCC was burned by this whole Viable thing.

Is that what he was jailed for earlier in the year?

If you don't want to elaborate you don't have to, but I'm curious. I hadn't heard or read that.

Since this is public record, yes he was. For breaking into his own offices that were police seal-taped.

Shel I think I understand what you were saying. Customers can only pick one company to go with, and that company gets paid per customer.

You can't possibly believe something like "....can only pick one company....." is any semblance of an even playing field, do you. Tell me, how many choices do YOU have in this regard?

Anyhow, I can't see how anyone can be saying something like this.

From my understanding, that is the plan. It would mean deaf customers would have to report to the government which VRS service they want to use and be "stuck" with that. It would mean that we wont be allowed to use other VRS services. It is FCC's way to control the fraud by paying each VRS company by the number of customers rather than minutes. It hasnt been passed. That is what I have heard by word of mouth. I got it from a reliable source so I believe that is what FCC is planning on proposing in order to control or monitor fraud better. FCC was burned by this whole Viable thing.

No way! What kind of a choice is that? What happened to interoperability?

Nah, I don't believe it.....

Oh, you did? So what about it? I haven't seen any reference to the break-in here

PFH made reference to what happened after the indictment. The scuttle around is that he broke in to remove incriminating evidence from his business. I don't have any confirmation other than hear say. But I took the break in to be what PFH was referring to happening after the indictment.

PFH made reference to what happened after the indictment. The scuttle around is that he broke in to remove incriminating evidence from his business. I don't have any confirmation other than hear say. But I took the break in to be what PFH was referring to happening after the indictment.

So did I.

You can't possibly believe something like "....can only pick one company....." is any semblance of an even playing field, do you. Tell me, how many choices do YOU have in this regard?

Anyhow, I can't see how anyone can be saying something like this.

Woah there Tousi- I was clarifying with Shel what my understanding was of her post.

I'm not sure what your intent is with the bolded statement above.

Woah there Tousi- I was clarifying with Shel what my understanding was of her post.

I'm not sure what your intent is with the bolded statement above.

I was just asking you as a hearing person about choices, knowing you have tons of choices. Was just asking....

I was just asking you as a hearing person about choices, knowing you have tons of choices. Was just asking....

Ok, I wasn't sure. It seemed intense, but sometimes things get lost in text.

For a phone service provider?

AT&T, Comcast, and that thing you plug into the computer to make calls. Beyond that, I think that's mostly it in my area.

Would limiting the VRS provider have an adverse effect on Deaf consumers?

In terms of land lines, once you pick a provider you're stuck with it until you decide to go with another company.

I would think if they are considering just one VRS provider, they would have it be similar to that. In other words, the Deaf consumer would pick one company and if they ended up not liking it for whatever reason they would formally switch to a different provider.

That would make sense to me.

What I can respect on John Yeh, he change VRS industry on many thing

• Portable Videophone
• FCC getting strict with VRS

Without him, thing would be pretty fickin up.

Ok, I wasn't sure. It seemed intense, but sometimes things get lost in text.

For a phone service provider?

AT&T, Comcast, and that thing you plug into the computer to make calls. Beyond that, I think that's mostly it in my area.

Would limiting the VRS provider have an adverse effect on Deaf consumers?

In terms of land lines, once you pick a provider you're stuck with it until you decide to go with another company.

I would think if they are considering just one VRS provider, they would have it be similar to that. In other words, the Deaf consumer would pick one company and if they ended up not liking it for whatever reason they would formally switch to a different provider.

That would make sense to me.

Besides AT&T, you have Verison, Sprint, Cricket, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Nextel, and many more. When I was younger, it was only AT&T / Bell telephone. It was broken up because of monopoly laws.

So the deaf get to choose one VRS service, and that is all. When you pick out a cell phone, you will get dozens of choices, and can change them annually. Sound fair?

I presumed you were talking about Land Lines- not cell phone providers. Either way, you still sign up for one provider. You can change providers, but you then cancel the original one and switch to a new one.

I guess I don't see how that is different from choosing one VRS provider. Unless they say you pick one and you can never change- that definitely wouldn't make sense.

Besides AT&T, you have Verison, Sprint, Cricket, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Nextel, and many more. When I was younger, it was only AT&T / Bell telephone. It was broken up because of monopoly laws.

So the deaf get to choose one VRS service, and that is all. When you pick out a cell phone, you will get dozens of choices, and can change them annually. Sound fair?

Aren't there a good handful of VRS providers? It would seem very unlikely that the government is going to lock Deaf consumers in for life to one VRS. I'd be willing to bet you'd eventually be able to change if you wanted, similar to cell phone contracts.

P.S. Good morning to you Tousi

Aren't there a good handful of VRS providers? It would seem very unlikely that the government is going to lock Deaf consumers in for life to one VRS. I'd be willing to bet you'd eventually be able to change if you wanted, similar to cell phone contracts.
Well, a handful is less than dozens. Landlines are dinosaurs; almost nobody I know still has one. Not sure what the regulations would be for VRS, but having government getting more involved cannot be in the best interest of the user.

I've heard, many times, that every single one of those VRS companies were doing the same things and they decided to pick the weakest company owned by the deaf who wouldn't have the money and resources to fight charges.

QUOTE]

This is my first post and I'm here to tell that this is Bull Crap. I am a member of Sprint Relay leadership and was member of Sprint Relay leadership at the time of Viable and Purple issues. We had one or two members of Sprint Relay deaf leadership that feel that the only way to compete in VRS is is to cheat like the Yehs. Make VRS conference call, include all account manager, and bill FCC for that time. Sprint Relay made a decision not to cheat. Viable and Yehs could have made the same decision. They didn't. They chose to take advantage of the system. Deaf or hearing, a crook is a crook. Viable was weak because the Yehs weren't good business men. They could have done good business with Sprint Relay, but didn't follow through. They chose to scam.

One deaf leader of Sprint Relay who wants to cheat VRS left Sprint several years ago and works for another VRS provider or is a entrepreneur now. The small community keeps the bad pennies in the system.

I've heard, many times, that every single one of those VRS companies were doing the same things and they decided to pick the weakest company owned by the deaf who wouldn't have the money and resources to fight charges.

This is my first post and I'm here to tell that this is Bull Crap. I am a member of Sprint Relay leadership and was member of Sprint Relay leadership at the time of Viable and Purple issues. We had one or two members of Sprint Relay deaf leadership that feel that the only way to compete in VRS is is to cheat like the Yehs. Make VRS conference call, include all account manager, and bill FCC for that time. Sprint Relay made a decision not to cheat. Viable and Yehs could have made the same decision. They didn't. They chose to take advantage of the system. Deaf or hearing, a crook is a crook. Viable was weak because the Yehs weren't good business men. They could have done good business with Sprint Relay, but didn't follow through. They chose to scam.

One deaf leader of Sprint Relay who wants to cheat VRS left Sprint several years ago and works for another VRS provider or is a entrepreneur now. The small community keeps the bad pennies in the system.

First of all, intriguing username. I am sure Sprint will be pleased with being represented in such manner.

Second, Sprint, like Elvis, has left the house (of course, the VRS market that is). Why are you worried now?

Third, what is the "Sprint Relay Deaf Leadership" team for?

Back