Sentencing tomorrow for John TC Yeh of Viable

If he was innocent, why did he own up to it?

You made the devisive statement. One only needs look at all the posts respondiing to your sentiments to see that you were on the outside looking in.:cool2:

I'd appreciate it if you once demonstrated the ability to see something from a deaf perspective.

All of my posts say that I don't know with 100% certainty either way.

As for the "deaf perspective", I mentioned that I know some individuals within the Deaf community who believe he was innocent. Deaf perspective isn't black and white.

There you go again trying to build that mountain. :cool2:

and one more thing - how exactly would his employees get ahold of $2.5 million+ for themselves? They do not have proper authorization to pocket it nor touch corporate account unless higher-ups are involved..... which is John Yeh

Jiro- yes it does seem incredibly unlikely.

The guy who sent me those PMs was dumfounded I ever looked up to him as a hero for the Deaf community. :P

You weren't the only one. I think that's what makes this even worse. Here was an opportunity to grow a business to benefit the Deaf community and by individuals who were Deaf and they blew it. Guess someone got greedy.

You weren't the only one. I think that's what makes this even worse. Here was an opportunity to grow a business to benefit the Deaf community and by individuals who were Deaf and they blew it. Guess someone got greedy.

someone = who?

All of my posts say that I don't know with 100% certainty either way.

As for the "deaf perspective", I mentioned that I know some individuals within the Deaf community who believe he was innocent. Deaf perspective isn't black and white.

There you go again trying to build that mountain. :cool2:

Just can't accept responsibility for your inability to see things from a deaf persepctive, can you? Oh, well.

If it wasn't Yeh, then who got greedy?

Holy cow.

I never said I thought he was innocent- I said I didn't know with 100% certainty one way or another, and that I know some members of the Deaf community who strongly believed he was innocent. That was all.

One of my good friends was an interpreter for Viable. I couldnt say anything before while the case was pending. She saw a lot of suspicious behavior going on in Viable. Then, when she expressed her concerns, she got the door closed on her (fired).

So, yep...he is guilty and because of this fraud, the FCC will change the rules regarding all the VRS companies. No more paying by the minuties but paying by customers so it means if I pick Purple, I cant use other VRS services. Great..just great.

I've demonstrated my argument on that here on alldeaf before. Even John Yeh himself said that other VRS were doing it in the video. But that is another thread.

However -

My ex-girlfriend whom I am still friends with told me her POV. She worked for him. I'd like to add a few more details about this relationship but I think it is too personal to share on the forum. What she had to say - I have no doubts he knew.

Do you guys even know what happened *AFTER* the indictment?

After his indictment? You mean when he was on bail and broke into his own offices?

One of my good friends was an interpreter for Viable. I couldnt say anything before while the case was pending. She saw a lot of suspicious behavior going on in Viable. Then, when she expressed her concerns, she got the door closed on her (fired).

So, yep...he is guilty and because of this fraud, the FCC will change the rules regarding all the VRS companies. No more paying by the minuties but paying by customers so it means if I pick Purple, I cant use other VRS services. Great..just great.

Can you please expand on your last sentence? I don't make sense of it....

That, and some other things that I believe I shouldn't bring up....

Ok, but I don't see what bearing it would have on this thread, anyway. And also, nowhere did I say Yeh is innocent. I don't need to be convinced of his guilt.

I, too, asked earlier to let sleeping dogs lie.

Good for your friend for standing up when she felt something wasn't right. It's too bad she lost her job, but she probably wouldn't have wanted to continue if she felt there were questionable things going on, right? I know I wouldn't...

Can you explain what you mean by the bolded statement?

After his indictment? You mean when he was on bail and broke into his own offices?

Is that what he was jailed for earlier in the year?

If you don't want to elaborate you don't have to, but I'm curious. I hadn't heard or read that.

Shel I think I understand what you were saying. Customers can only pick one company to go with, and that company gets paid per customer.

My mind is fried right now- too much math.

Back