semi truck driver stories

These pictures brings back memories as when I was a little girl my dad used to drive "Goodyear" semi truck, I used to ride with him on a couple of road trips, it was so much fun. I missed those days :(

2.jpg

2-1.jpg

this was my last run with SAIA, i went to USF last night and had a good talk with USF TM. he seem a nice guy, he wanted me to drive one of his truck. he told me to go 7-11 near the yard about 4 blocks away. i drove to the 7-11 the TM looked at me he said *chuckles* "you are hired" i was speechless lol

got in the office and signed some paperwork:deal: today i will go take drug screen and will start work with USF REDDAWAY on monday morning!

last night, i went to SAIA to drop the truck/trailer and walked in the dispatcher's office. i hate to tell him that im quitting:Ohno:. but i told him everything. oh boy he was so upset, he got evrything routes setup for me for today. i told him i know i should kinda of had told him before 2 week notice but it was so last min. he wishes me a luck,:ty: i walked out of the building.:wave: i will miss working for SAIA but i need to get better benefits etc

(someone PM me few days ago asking for picture of interior in the truck)

21.jpg

Could you give me a ride?? :D I have always wanted to ride in it or drive.

Its Me Goosepac, Now New Name Brother Trucker

TRUCK3.jpg

PRE-TRIPPING IN YARD
truck2.jpg

TRUCK4.jpg

TTTT.jpg

TTT2.jpg

TTTR.jpg

000.jpg

00.jpg

WENT 40 TO 55 MPH WITH CAUTION. I WAS SMART ENOUGH TO THROW CHAINS BEFORE GOING ON HIGHWAY AND SURE ENOUGH PASS THOSE TRUCKS LAUGHING MY A$$ :rofl:OFF SEEING THOSE GRUMPY:pissed: GUYS STRUGGLING HOOKUP THE CHAINS

More Pictures

0000000000.jpg

0000000.jpg

0000.jpg

00000.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown: THANK YOU MR. SNOWPLOW MAN! :bowdown::bowdown:

I NEED TO DOWNLOAD MORE PICTURE TO PHOTOBUCKET LATER BUT I NEED TO GO TAKE REST BEFORE GOING TO WORK 5:30PM TODAY. :ugh3:

Could you give me a ride?? :D I have always wanted to ride in it or drive.

YEAH, SURE COME AND I WILL GIVE U A RIDE. HAHA WHERE YOU LIVE?

(GUYS , I DO WISH I CAN TAKE YOU ALL RIDE WITH ME BUT MY COMPANY POLICY NOT ALLOW PASSANGER RIDE WITH ME. BUT I CAN DO THAT THEY WONT SEE WHAT IM DOING. BUT I AINT THAT STUPID RISK MY JOB FOR DOING THAT HEHE)

YEAH, SURE COME AND I WILL GIVE U A RIDE. HAHA WHERE YOU LIVE?

(GUYS , I DO WISH I CAN TAKE YOU ALL RIDE WITH ME BUT MY COMPANY POLICY NOT ALLOW PASSANGER RIDE WITH ME. BUT I CAN DO THAT THEY WONT SEE WHAT IM DOING. BUT I AINT THAT STUPID RISK MY JOB FOR DOING THAT HEHE)

I live in Texas! :fingersx:

Once again, cool pictures, however, pulling 3 vans takes a bit of guts to do. Have heard stories from drivers pulling 2 or 3, especially when it's windy.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing these photos and stay safe out on the road-- ;)

~RR

one of my good friend told me his one of stories (he's also a truck driver)

he (Russ) works at big R (ROADWAY) as a line hauls. anyways he drove up somewhere in nevada i forgot where. he had to pull over at truck stop to take some snacks and stuff, he decide to take a quick supper at local resturant. he has another guy (teamster) in his truck. the police appears to him and ask him if he driving for roadway and trailer serial #. he said yeah its mine truck, he thought that his teamster was having a heart attack so he walked out and realized that theres one small town police car no ambulance. he was confused while walking to the truck. police said that you look like the person that a lady reported a rape in this area. Russ said he didnt raped, his partner is in the truck. got proof that they came in the area after the rape was reported. Russ and his teamster decide to stay local motel. next day morning Russ and his teamster went to Denny's to eat for breakfast. Russ was still thinking about what happen last night. he looked out at the window and saw van with his company Roadway. Russ quickly calls the police and told where the van is parked at and the serial #. its a match. in next 10 min the 15+ police car busted the van and arrested him. Russ walked out glad that he found the mutha fock who rape a young girl.

I would be afraid to drive something that big in the first place. but I would never drive something that big in the snow on a hilly road. WOW that takes some guts.

ha ha its not that scary... i love driving triples... not because its big and long. i like its handling with snow... i love taking danger road and i know i will just do alright.

my co worker (while i was with saia that time) was front of me. he was an old man. he has more experiences with me. i was rookie that time. i was hauling doubles pups (city trailer)

he was front of me about half mile away. the road was full of snow. i was hauling triples. the old man (Jim) went out with an caution. i knew i can handle the snow. i went ahead past him. Jim was freaking out cuz my last trailer almost hit Jim's trailer. when i got in the yard. Jim yelled at me. i told him.. "did i hit you? nope because i know what i am doing. if i did hit your trailer then thats a different story"

Strange Experience I Ever Deliver!!!

Last thursday I got in work late since snowing on hwy. My dispatch told me to go hook up lift gate trailer. Delver some package to house.

I delivered some washing machines, computers, tv to house. One of package HDTV PLASMA 55" I knocked the door and the lady open the door. I had to turn my head away from her. She was completely naked. She refused to put the damn clothes on!!! I told her that she got a package which is hdtv. She said she didn't order it. I told her well, the paperwork has your name & address on it so its yours. I still felt uncomfortable with her being naked front of me.. She went to her phone and blah I couldn't hear what she said.. 10 min later dealing with paperwork there's one young boy (look like 14 to 16 yrs old) walked in the house. Wtf old lady let him see her thingy. The boy look at me and point at her laughing "she's werid" we both laughed. I asked him is she your family? He said no, she's my homeschool teacher. In my mind "what the hell what she do with him while his parent isn't around him?!," if he was my son, I will completely pissed off... anyways I backed up to her driveway and put the tv in her living room... lady still naked... sat at couch, watching me carry the tv in. I hurried put it where she want me to put. I got the paperwork and left.. After couple drops package.. Looked at list.. NOT AGAIN, ANOTHER DELIVERY TO THE SAME WOMAN!! I called my dispatcher and explained him what had happened. He laughed. So I again knocked her door. She open the door half naked with pants on. I was like oh no!!!! She said " oh, you came back! You really want it! Come in you!!!" I said no no no I got another package for you. Another hdtv! She laughed "yeah right!" I ran to the truck and got the package on the dolly and drop it on her door and left.

I HOPE I WON'T DELIVER ANY PACKAGE TO HER AGAIN NEVER AGAIN!!

FYI she aint pretty, she's in mid 60's old.... I felt sick after I left. I couldn't eat my sandwich.. Uuggghhh!

Last thursday I got in work late since snowing on hwy. My dispatch told me to go hook up lift gate trailer. Delver some package to house.

I delivered some washing machines, computers, tv to house. One of package HDTV PLASMA 55" I knocked the door and the lady open the door. I had to turn my head away from her. She was completely naked. She refused to put the damn clothes on!!! I told her that she got a package which is hdtv. She said she didn't order it. I told her well, the paperwork has your name & address on it so its yours. I still felt uncomfortable with her being naked front of me.. She went to her phone and blah I couldn't hear what she said.. 10 min later dealing with paperwork there's one young boy (look like 14 to 16 yrs old) walked in the house. Wtf old lady let him see her thingy. The boy look at me and point at her laughing "she's werid" we both laughed. I asked him is she your family? He said no, she's my homeschool teacher. In my mind "what the hell what she do with him while his parent isn't around him?!," if he was my son, I will completely pissed off... anyways I backed up to her driveway and put the tv in her living room... lady still naked... sat at couch, watching me carry the tv in. I hurried put it where she want me to put. I got the paperwork and left.. After couple drops package.. Looked at list.. NOT AGAIN, ANOTHER DELIVERY TO THE SAME WOMAN!! I called my dispatcher and explained him what had happened. He laughed. So I again knocked her door. She open the door half naked with pants on. I was like oh no!!!! She said " oh, you came back! You really want it! Come in you!!!" I said no no no I got another package for you. Another hdtv! She laughed "yeah right!" I ran to the truck and got the package on the dolly and drop it on her door and left.

FYI she aint pretty, she's in mid 60's old.... I felt sick after I left. I couldn't eat my sandwich.. Uuggghhh!

I feel bad for ya. Might have picture of her in your head when you are with your gf. :)

(sorry, couldn't resist that joke)

OHHH UGGH!!! I couldn't image what you've gone thru! wow.... *mutters* *shudder at the thought*

::iough::jaw::crazy::barf: the image still in my mind!! everytime i see an old lady, that image came back!!... :barf: Today, no work due to bad weather snow, caught up with everything repairing the truck. freezing out here! ill cuddle :cuddle::buttsex::slap::naughty:my gf tonight to keep us warm hehe

874 views this thread

Hey guys, been busy last week and this week. my old boss from SAIA called me and begged me to go back. They had a meeting with the terminal manager and regional manager. There's will be pay raise, benefits 401k plan. Ordered 12 brand new frieghtliner and volvo trucks. The TM decided to treat the employee right and fair. My old boss called to let me know about that, and also told me that I am welcome to go back working with SAIA. Hell, they got better benefits than USF REDDAWAY. Right now I'm not sure to go back to SAIA or stay with USF REDDAWAY. I love SAIA co workers and everything.. Now they seem serious with benefits and treat the employee.... what do you think??

GUYS, POST SOMETHING!!!!! This auto talk is about to die if you guys don't post!!!!! LOL come on, tell any stories relate semi truck, almost got in accident or your family is a truck driver...tell us anything!!!! Just post it and we will like to read and share stories!!!!! Thanks!!!

Brother Trucker,

You fail to mention how long you have been with USFReddaway. My one concern would be, if you were to be offered another job with better benefits AFTER leaving to go back to the old job.

Sooner or later, your gonna find no job wanting to hire you because of the job jumping for better benefits. There will always be some benefit lacking somewhere. I would say just decide on what benefit is most important to you and go for that.

And leaving a company without 2 weeks notice does go on your record and will affect your future hireability. Most places wanna see that employees took responsibility upon termination and did not leave the old company in the lurch.

Just my .02 cents

Brother Trucker,

You fail to mention how long you have been with USFReddaway. My one concern would be, if you were to be offered another job with better benefits AFTER leaving to go back to the old job.

Sooner or later, your gonna find no job wanting to hire you because of the job jumping for better benefits. There will always be some benefit lacking somewhere. I would say just decide on what benefit is most important to you and go for that.

And leaving a company without 2 weeks notice does go on your record and will affect your future hireability. Most places wanna see that employees took responsibility upon termination and did not leave the old company in the lurch.

Just my .02 cents

That's very true, I must have 2 week notice before leaving a company to college or other companies.

I prefer to see the truth instead hear them in words

I would like to wait until they really did get the brand new trucks and will ask one of my ex co worker (SAIA) to see if SAIA really did get pay raise and benefits. If didn't then I will stay USF. I won't jump in SAIA until I see the proof they (SAIA) did change.

ANY STORIES?? COME ON!!!! Tow stories??

I would like to wait until they really did get the brand new trucks and will ask one of my ex co worker (SAIA) to see if SAIA really did get pay raise and benefits. If didn't then I will stay USF. I won't jump in SAIA until I see the proof they (SAIA) did change.

ANY STORIES?? COME ON!!!! Tow stories??

oh ok. That sounds like a good plan. I dont personally have any stories. I was just offering some advice on the job situation.

I do find your photos and stories very interesting as well as entertaining. I especially love the photos as it allows me to see different parts of the US.

Do you ever drive to Canada? Or just here in the states?

Only in states, I can drive to canada but my company do not delivery to canada. There's diffrent companys US Express carriers around states and canada.

Yeah, its fun to drive while sight view around the states...I have touched washington, orgeon, california, idaho, utah, montana, wyoming, colorado, mississippi, texas, and florida. I want to travel around all states except Hawaii and alaska. SAIA has teamster (2 drivers in truck) travel around states pick and drop... teamster is better for single person "no family/home" so the semi truck kinda of teamster's "home on wheels"

Back