Semi-Incoherent, or Deaf?

theExpert

Reaction score
I have been known to be semi-incoherent by people. I've also been told to be completely inchoherant. I am not deaf, I just don't listen to well.

It's not that I don't understand people, it's more that people don't understand me.

What does it mean to be incoherent to you?

...............................What does it mean to be incoherent to you?

lacking coherence: as a : lacking cohesion : loose b : lacking orderly continuity, arrangement, or relevance : inconsistent <an incoherent essay> c : lacking normal clarity or intelligibility in speech or thought <incoherent with grief>

It's someone who wakes up in a dumpster behind an Irish Pub.

I have been known to be semi-incoherent by people. I've also been told to be completely inchoherant. I am not deaf, I just don't listen to well.

What does incoherent have to do with being deaf?????

What does incoherent have to do with being deaf?????

Depends, how you take it. I'm talking about the deaf version as in the inability aspects of hearing. There is also the slander version of being incoherent as well, but let's not worry about that.

Depends, how you take it. I'm talking about the deaf version as in the inability aspects of hearing. There is also the slander version of being incoherent as well, but let's not worry about that.

The hearing person's inability to determine the deaf person's inability is dependent on the ability of the said person's inability to actualize the ability.

You have actaully looked up the definition of the word "incoherent" in the dictionary ...right ?

Incoherence is defined as:

literally a "lack of cohesion" - meaning that something "all over the place", without order or logic, random, un-clear, unintelligible etc.

There's absolutely zero "connection" with the definition of "incoherent" and deafness (or hearing loss, or Hoh for that matter)

Actually an excellent example of the use of the word "incoherent" would be:

The utilization of the word "incoherent" as a means of appropriately describing the state of being deaf of hard of hearing, in itself incoherent with what is known to be true about hearing loss.

:roll:

Incoherent is a hearing person who does not know signs pretending they do.

My son-in-law told my daughter she was just ignoring him, until she got her first audiology exam! When we found out she can no longer her low tones, and will continue to lose hearing until she cannot hear at all, we realized the difference between being incoherent and deaf!

Maybe all you need to do is drag those friends of yours who call you incoherent to your next audiology exam!

There are definitely some "mental" mental health experts out there.

My first sensei, (self defense instructor) told us, "You tell me what you take seriously and I will tell you what your mental problems are."

Having been traumatized by a system does make it difficult to see the humor in the situation. It does not mean it is not funny, nor does it mean you are wrong. It merely means you are in one place and they are in another.

Once you have come to understand the humor in it, even if you do not find it funny yourself, you will have begun to master your own experience.

Having had terrible experiences with the mental health system... I don't really find this funny.

Sorry that you were offended. Incoherence is one of the criteria for assessing a psychotic episode. Most psychotic episodes end in hospitalization for the protection of the individual. Since the OP asked what incoherence meant to the individual, I was simply stating what I see incoherence as being. Perhaps it was tasteless. If so, I aplogize.

For what it's worth, I apologize to Irish drunkards.

Back