Semi-Incoherent, or Deaf?

For what it's worth, I apologize to Irish drunkards.

Last Irish drunkard I knew was a Clamper -- Him and his buddies had so much fun it almost made me want to grow up to be a drunk too.

Last Irish drunkard I knew was a Clamper -- Him and his buddies had so much fun it almost made me want to grow up to be a drunk too.

Count your blessings. Have you ever seen drunk Irishmen do the Irish Dance? Pathetic. :lol:

I have been known to be semi-incoherent by people. I've also been told to be completely inchoherant. I am not deaf, I just don't listen to well.

It's not that I don't understand people, it's more that people don't understand me.

What does it mean to be incoherent to you?

Aren't you the person that was trying to sell us hearing aid?

What a rude little kid. BANHAMMER!!

I have been known to be semi-incoherent by people. I've also been told to be completely inchoherant. I am not deaf, I just don't listen to well.

It's not that I don't understand people, it's more that people don't understand me.

What does it mean to be incoherent to you?

So what your saying is...Your not Deaf...you just dont listen?
Well upon review that just seems like you have Attention Deficit Disorder....Just my observation and no one should hassle you for it. try some Ritalin or Aderol and maybe that could help you IF you feel the need to "correct" this "Issue".

You may even be describing Autism.

Now...moving along.
Are you trying to compare not caring about what people have to say to being Deaf?

If you think that because you dont feel understood by others and you lack enthusiasm when it comes listening to others and THAT gives you some sense of macabre common ground with Deafies then I can not stress just how far off you are.
It doesnt work the same way.

Why are you on this website? as I read your other posts it just seems you have some false sense of entitlement because you have the ability to hear and you think this makes you some large authority? and everything I have read that you have posted seems to insist upon itself just as you do.

"I find it interesting in people who take interest in their own handicap." You stated this in another thread...I am NOT handicapped.
this is like meeting someone french and because they do not speak your language all of a sudden they are "handicapped".

Were here on alldeaf to meet others who speak our language.

You also say your a "pro in hearing" do you have a degree in Audiology?
Im Deaf...Im not a professional "Deafie"....IM JUST DEAF. and your just a hearie!

You should get back to recess kiddo.

Having had terrible experiences with the mental health system... I don't really find this funny.

i reckon, what jillio said is uncalled for, it is definitely tasteless, should know better.

Good grief. How was jillio being tasteless? :roll: Her apology was NOT necessary but it showed class. Get over it.

I agree - jillio should not have had to apologize. What she stated was totally true and I have seem it done quite a few times before.

I agree - jillio should not have had to apologize. What she stated was totally true and I have seem it done quite a few times before.

Thanks to you and Beowulf. And the statement I made is true. Some just don't appreciate the dark humor of those in the field, I guess. We use it as a survival technique. Work consistently with people with severe mental disorders and you develop survival strategies to lighten things up a bit or you would burn out in a couple of months.:P

Thanks to you and Beowulf. And the statement I made is true. Some just don't appreciate the dark humor of those in the field, I guess. We use it as a survival technique. Work consistently with people with severe mental disorders and you develop survival strategies to lighten things up a bit or you would burn out in a couple of months.:P

When it gets really weird is when you have people (typically hearing) who get insulted by you calling yourself "deaf" - they'd prefer you to use "hearing impaired" or something similar.

I usually respond "Why do you say I'm hearing impaired?" - to try and force them to actually *think*.

(I am infact, completely deaf).

When it gets really weird is when you have people (typically hearing) who get insulted by you calling yourself "deaf" - they'd prefer you to use "hearing impaired" or something similar.

I usually respond "Why do you say I'm hearing impaired?" - to try and force them to actually *think*.

Only problem is: Jillio might not call herself deaf for another 30 years. :lol:

(pssst, she's a hearfie, lol)

I still get a chuckle everytime this topic gets bumped (not the last few of you)

Just sayin'.. lol

I still get a chuckle everytime this topic gets bumped (not the last few of you)

Just sayin'.. lol
:lol: Yeah, sometimes when a thread is on the wan, its good to get off the freeway and onto a byway to find gems. I find that especially true when travelling. :lol:

No doubt. Just an indication of their own insecurities.

Only problem is: Jillio might not call herself deaf for another 30 years. :lol:

(pssst, she's a hearfie, lol)

In 30 years, I'll probably be calling myself "dead". :lol: Or at least, incoherent!:lol:

Back