seizure

Actually, no he wasn't.

Ativan and Klonopin are both benzodiazepine tranquilizers. They are also both used for a myriad of reasons; seizure control being one of them. Ativan is more widely used for acute seizure; whereas klonopin is more widely used as maintenance, I believe.

At any rate, neither med is necessarily superior to the other.

Ahh, but you are talking about something entirely different. You are not addressing the strength of the drug, which is what I was doing as he clearly stated clonazepam "isn't that strong".
Jason, Klonopin (clonazepam) isn't that strong of medication.
Therefore, my statement(s) about clonazepam being a "highly potent" drug, which is a fact, is still valid and he is still clearly wrong.

i will go to doctor april 6th and interpeter help me neuoglist.. I was very happy person caregive must with us all the time.. I am happy wonderful i was very happy smile.. I was very happy...

That is great :) I hope and pray for the best in your situation.

Ahh, but you are talking about something entirely different. You are not addressing the strength of the drug, which is what I was doing as he clearly stated clonazepam "isn't that strong". Therefore, my statement(s) about clonazepam being a "highly potent" drug, which is a fact, is still valid and he is still clearly wrong.

No, he wasn't. Potency has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the use of the med. Ativan is used for acute seizures. If you come to the ER seizing, the doctor isn't going to mess around trying to get clonazepam into you when all he has to do is run an IV and give you ativan.

I'm not going to debate this with you, though. To tell you the truth, I think you're being a bit egostistical trying to argue with someone with the medical training to know what he is talking about.

Just my two cents. Now, I'm out.

No, he wasn't. Potency has nothing to do with it. It has to do with the use of the med.

He did bring up stuff about the strength of the drug stating that it,
isn't that strong of medication.

As for potency. The word "Potency" can be used to refer to the strength of something.

From the medline plus medical dictionary:

Main Entry: po·ten·cy
Pronunciation: primarystresspomacrt-schwan-semacron
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
: the quality or state of being potent: as a : chemical or medicinal strength or efficacy <a drug's potency> b : the ability to copulate -- usually used of the male c : initial inherent capacity for development of a particular kind <cells with a potency for eye formation>

MedlinePlus: Medical Dictionary

From the merriam-webster dictionary:

Main Entry:
po·ten·cy Listen to the pronunciation of potency
Pronunciation:
\ˈpō-tən(t)-sē\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural po·ten·cies
Date:
15th century

1 a: force , power b: the quality or state of being potent c: the ability or capacity to achieve or bring about a particular result

2: potentiality 1

potency - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Oceanbreeze, I am not debating you. I am just merely pointing out that what you are saying is not true.

i will go to doctor april 6th and interpeter help me neuoglist.. I was very happy person caregive must with us all the time.. I am happy wonderful i was very happy smile.. I was very happy...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Travis. :D

Good luck at the neurologist on April 6th! :)

Clonazepam is a very "highly potent anti-convulsant".

I take Clonazepam (for my bipolar) and from what my psychiatrist told me, this med is potent, but isn't one of the strongest benzos available. If I remember correctly, it's either the third or fourth most potent out of all of the bezos that are prescribed.

As far as Clonazepam and Ativan are concerned, Ativan is a fast-acting med. It works much faster than Clonazepam.

However, Clonazepam has a longer half-life meaning that it stays in the bloodstream for 8-12 hours.

I take Clonazepam (for my bipolar) and from what my psychiatrist told me, this med is potent, but isn't one of the strongest benzos available. If I remember correctly, it's either the third or fourth most potent out of all of the bezos that are prescribed.

yep, it is a potent drug.

As far as Clonazepam and Ativan are concerned, Ativan is a fast-acting med. It works much faster than Clonazepam.

However, Clonazepam has a longer half-life meaning that it stays in the bloodstream for 8-12 hours.

I don't know about clonazepam being slower. I do know that it has worked extremly fast for me.

I don't know about clonazepam being slower. I do know that it has worked extremly fast for me.

Clonazepam takes an average of 20 minutes to start working. That's the case for me as well as many others I know who take this med for bipolar.

I also know people who take Ativan for anxiety and they report this med working for them almost instantly.

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that Clonazepam is available in an injectable form.

It's pointless to discuss this any further. Travis' medical condition (s) is/are very complicated and none of us really should be weighing in on what meds are useful for him . This information is best gotten from a professional. A doctor is far more qualified to make treatment decisions than we are.

It's pointless to discuss this any further. Travis' medical condition (s) is/are very complicated and none of us really should be weighing in on what meds are useful for him . This information is best gotten from a professional. A doctor is far more qualified to make treatment decisions than we are.

I haven't commented on Travis' medical conditions nor what meds would be appropriate for him. All I did was share information about Ativan and Clonazepam for the benefit of other readers.

yah i am happy

I'm glad you're feeling better, Travis. :D

Good luck at the neurologist on April 6th! :)

it is important to make sure correct to seizure.. I have problem my seizure really very concern..; Cannot help sleep disorder. I wonder what is happened it really reason I am very tired.. I am very suffer my life..

what is happened. I didn't know what is happened I think so hard to understand difficult to focus my life...hard complix to sleep disorder like seizure.........................

That is hard sleep disorder.

problem my life. I have history experience really suffer that is hard............

it is important to make sure correct to seizure.. I have problem my seizure really very concern..; Cannot help sleep disorder. I wonder what is happened it really reason I am very tired.. I am very suffer my life..

what is happened. I didn't know what is happened I think so hard to understand difficult to focus my life...hard complix to sleep disorder like seizure.........................

That is hard sleep disorder.

problem my life. I have history experience really suffer that is hard............

You mentioned having alot of bad headaches Travis, so I wonder if that could also make sleep difficult for you?

I know about the other medical conditions you have and I'm sure they also play a part in this as well.

I hope that you're able to discuss this with your doctor. Perhaps he can put you on a med to help you sleep.

Hugs!

that is hard to understand I difficult to figure out to reason I have try better help calm down with bath.... that is good help you better reason to help calm down...

that is hard understand.....

I will talk to doctor neuolgist.............. I think so good idea... I wait for doctor

I hope be help calm down.. i think so good idea...

That is good...

Back