See this. It s a perfect example!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again!

:confused: I do not see that Sweetmind make the problem in her thread here but share her feeling and heart?

Can you please show me where Sweetmind made the problem here because I didn´t find it?

:confused: I do not see that Sweetmind make the problem in her thread here but share her feeling and heart?

Can you please show me where Sweetmind made the problem here because I didn´t find it?

Yea, I agree...Sweetmind and any of us have the rights to express our feelings. What some people dont understand is that some of us grew up with extreme oppression and it still sticks to us for life even though we had let go of it but the scars run deep. Some people just need to back off so I agree with u. :)

Sweetmind and any of us have the rights to express our feelings. What some people dont understand is that some of us grew up with extreme oppression and it still sticks to us for life even though we had let go of it but the scars run deep.

Unfortunately, what you and Sweetmind don't understand is that your traumatic experiences made you blind to reason.

Fuzzy

Unfortunately, what you and Sweetmind don't understand is that your traumatic experiences made you blind to reason.

Fuzzy

AudioF, hi, there...ummm, are you a hearing person or deaf to some extent? Just curious in order that I get a frame of reference....

My comment was made in reference to the fact that Sweetmind has been warned by the mods and owner here (she even acknowledges that in her second post) to quit trying to turn the forum into her personal soap opera, and yet time and time again she ignores the warnings she gets in favor of her own personal agenda. That's why I said "here we go again." She adopts the attitude that even though she was told not to do something, she has a right to, regardless.

Fuzzy

Or perhaps those who haven't experienced it are simply intolerant of those who have.

My comment was made in reference to the fact that Sweetmind has been warned by the mods and owner here (she even acknowledges that in her second post) to quit trying to turn the forum into her personal soap opera, and yet time and time again she ignores the warnings she gets in favor of her own personal agenda. That's why I said "here we go again." She adopts the attitude that even though she was told not to do something, she has a right to, regardless.

Every poster here has a personal agenda. If it is permissable for those with an agenda that is contrary to Sweetmind's to use this forum to promote their agendas, then it is also permissable for Sweetmind to promote hers.

Every poster here has a personal agenda. If it is permissable for those with an agenda that is contrary to Sweetmind's to use this forum to promote their agendas, then it is also permissable for Sweetmind to promote hers.

Well, you weren't around when she was on the board before and it was truly awful. Even the moderators were accused of being oralists, which I know they aren't.

I hope that she has changed. If she hasn't then it would be unfortunate for people like you and Shel as your message would get drowned out by all the drama. I and many others will just simply stop reading the posts and it would be only her choir that would be listening and basically cooing their agreement.

Yea, I agree...Sweetmind and any of us have the rights to express our feelings. What some people dont understand is that some of us grew up with extreme oppression and it still sticks to us for life even though we had let go of it but the scars run deep. Some people just need to back off so I agree with u. :)

If she has feelings of extreme oppression, then she needs to go and see an appropriately qualified therapist. The hearing aids and CI forum is not an appropriate avenue to exhale all those angry feelings.

Fuzzy

I disagree...I turned my scars and traumatic experiences into something positive. I became a teacher of the deaf to give back to the dhh children of today. Because I know what it is like to be oprressed, I can see it when my students r feeling angry because of oppression, I give them a lot of support in addition to my knowledge of the world to give them the opportunities to grow up in a rich literacy environment.

What makes me blind to reason is the continuing of depriving many deaf children of language causing them to be delayed. Nothing to do with my background.

Another thing, u do not know me and do not know how I live my life. I live it with so much appreciation with what I have and I try to give back the same to my students.

Call it blind if u want but at least I am doing something I feel good about. :)

Besides, people have rights to express their feelings however as silly they may seem to others but to that person, it is not silly.

If she has feelings of extreme oppression, then she needs to go and see an appropriately qualified therapist. The hearing aids and CI forum is not an appropriate avenue to exhale all those angry feelings.

Oppression is not created internally, it is created externally. Therapy normally will not do anything to alleviate that situation, unless the feelings of oppression do not have a realistic cause. If they are a reaction to an actual occurrance,then they are not evidence of maladjustment.

Well, you weren't around when she was on the board before and it was truly awful. Even the moderators were accused of being oralists, which I know they aren't.

I hope that she has changed. If she hasn't then it would be unfortunate for people like you and Shel as your message would get drowned out by all the drama. I and many others will just simply stop reading the posts and it would be only her choir that would be listening and basically cooing their agreement.

It would appear that people are already judging the poster rather than the message simply because it is coming from her. I find that unfortunate, because it could very well be that, even if one does not harbor fondness for the messenger, the message can prove to be of value.

I dont know how Sweetmind was like in the past. I thought she was a new member. Well, if there is drama, I will remove myself from it. I am not here to cause drama but to try to get into discussions and learn but it is hard when some people respond by putting me down. I try not to respond in the same matter but sometimes I do. Oh well.

I disagree...I turned my scars and traumatic experiences into something positive. I became a teacher of the deaf to give back to the dhh children of today. Because I know what it is like to be oprressed, I can see it when my students r feeling angry because of oppression, I give them a lot of support in addition to my knowledge of the world to give them the opportunities to grow up in a rich literacy environment.

What makes me blind to reason is the continuing of depriving many deaf children of language causing them to be delayed. Nothing to do with my background.

Another thing, u do not know me and do not know how I live my life. I live it with so much appreciation with what I have and I try to give back the same to my students.

Call it blind if u want but at least I am doing something I feel good about. :)

Besides, people have rights to express their feelings however as silly they may seem to others but to that person, it is not silly.

You are not blind, shel. You see the reality of the situation much better than most. Only those that find the reality uncomfortable attribute it to "being blind." It's actually the other way around.

I dont know how Sweetmind was like in the past. I thought she was a new member. Well, if there is drama, I will remove myself from it. I am not here to cause drama but to try to get into discussions and learn but it is hard when some people respond by putting me down. I try not to respond in the same matter but sometimes I do. Oh well.

Actually, Sweetmind was oneof the first people I talked to in this forum. She has always responded to me with politeness. However, if she is insulted, whe will insult back. But I think we all have that tendency.

You are not blind, shel. You see the reality of the situation much better than most. Only those that find the reality uncomfortable attribute it to "being blind." It's actually the other way around.

:ty:

Sweetmind is entitled to her opinions and her anger at how the hearing has treated her in the past, after all many of us have been there - myself included. She also has a right to her views on CIs even though I disagree with her.

However, she can't flame the moderators or other posters. No poster has that right; Heath got banned for some inflammatory remark about liberals.

Anyone at Alldeaf can post here and express themselves - provided that they treat others with respect. This goes for other posters who may not agree with them.

Last edited:
Oppression is not created internally, it is created externally. Therapy normally will not do anything to alleviate that situation, unless the feelings of oppression do not have a realistic cause. If they are a reaction to an actual occurrance,then they are not evidence of maladjustment.

Sorry I disagree. If one is constantly angry as a result of past events as far back as the 1960s to the point that they accuse the moderators of being oralist when they aren't then there is a problem. The anger needs to be expressed to the people who caused the problem not to us here on this board.

I think if I remember rightly, Shel saw a therapist, which helped. Shel might feel angry about what happened to her but she seems to understand that we aren't vehicles for expression of that anger.

Well, you weren't around when she was on the board before and it was truly awful. Even the moderators were accused of being oralists
OMG, YES jillo! Trust me, even I've gotten my share of Sweetmind abuse. She can be really extreme. I think part of it is that she does not have good reading comprehension in some areas, and so may misunderstand what someone means.
Sweetmind, many of us, including many younger folks and many oral sucesses, agree with you on some things. We've even experianced a lot of the same things you might have. But you ARE extreme. Calling every and anyone who disagrees with you an "audist" or an oralist is not going to win you any friends.
It's good to be anti-oral only, but don't call people oralists b/c they think that oral skills in addition to Sign (and any other tools) is a good idea.
That position is just as bad as the old school oralists who totally and completely demonized Sign. Be more moderate. We've reconized that you didn't do too well with oral only.............that's no reason to demonize oral skills!

I didn't even get to the part that was supposed to "shock" me. I found the written english part of the post difficult to read, so I stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back