Second Ebola victim diagnoed in USA

I wonder if people will stop buying bananas and other food that come from Africa now ?

I wonder if people will stop buying bananas and other food that come from Africa now ?

I'm still eating banana because of medical condition and I only take banana from Central America and South America.

I hope no one on that plane didn't pick it up from poor nurse. I always carry wipes with me before I get on the plane. I wipe shoulder pads and folded table before I use them.

I'm disappointed the federal government didn't bother to ban all flights directly from affected countries like Liberia. Very sloppy job. I read several sources that Obama said that "the world is not doing enough to contain Ebola.'

Other than certain food, I doubt we import a lot of products from Africa. The chances of ebola being transmitted outside of direct human contact is almost zero in the USA.
Now if someone ebola positive had their blood or drooled on that banana, or something like that there may be a chance someone could get it from touching food. This is assuming the banana hasn't gone through proper food sanitation. But this scenario is also highly unlikely as well since ebola has a "viability" period. Most of these overseas food being sold aren't being eaten next day, it goes through customs and stuff like that for some time unless it's already processed and packaged.
CDC has released some timeframes for ebola's viable period:
"Ebolavirus can remain viable on solid surfaces, with concentrations falling slowly over several days."

I'm disappointed the federal government didn't bother to ban all flights directly from affected countries like Liberia. Very sloppy job.
It would still be hard to completely eradicate the transmission though. Banning travel from the ebola outbreak countries would minimize spread from the original source, but there are people who do multiple travel stops.
It'd be a little more difficult to figure out how to deal with them (ex: someone who went from Germany > Africa > Austria > USA etc)

I hope no one on that plane didn't pick it up from poor nurse. I always carry wipes with me before I get on the plane. I wipe shoulder pads and folded table before I use them.

I'm disappointed the federal government didn't bother to ban all flights directly from affected countries like Liberia. Very sloppy job. I read several sources that Obama said that "the world is not doing enough to contain Ebola.'

I just heard on the news that when Thomas Eric Duncan was being treated all the bedding etc he used was piled up in a room. :shock: This was on channel 7 in Boston . Now CDC is keeping an eyes on all the 75 people that cared for Thomas Eric Duncan . What a damn mess . CDC is trying to locate all the passengers that were on the plane with this new patient . There were over 100 people on the plane and now they're at risk of spreading Ebola. The federal government was thinking of pressing charges against
Thomas Eric Duncan for lying about his whereabouts while in Africa .

bit of a worry for all who travel with her,apparently not catching first day but how would you know.
aircraft cleaned per normal procedures,i would think needs more than that

Other than certain food, I doubt we import a lot of products from Africa. The chances of ebola being transmitted outside of

It would still be hard to completely eradicate the transmission though. Banning travel from the ebola outbreak countries would minimize spread from the original source, but there are people who do multiple travel stops.
It'd be a little more difficult to figure out how to deal with them (ex: someone who went from Germany > Africa > Austria > USA etc)

direct human contact is almost zero in the USA.
Now if someone ebola positive had their blood or drooled on that banana, or something like that there may be a chance someone could get it from touching food. This is assuming the banana hasn't gone through proper food sanitation. But this scenario is also highly unlikely as well since ebola has a "viability" period. Most of these overseas food being sold aren't being eaten next day, it goes through customs and stuff like that for some time unless it's already processed and packaged.
CDC has released some timeframes for ebola's viable period:
"Ebolavirus can remain viable on solid surfaces, with concentrations falling slowly over several days."

I never said we could get Ebola from the food coming from Africa , you know how people panic over stuff like this . I am wondering if people will freak out
and stop buying certain food. I have a bowl of bananas on my kitchen table .

aircraft worse place get bugs virus the air filtering..i no want travel on it until been grounded week or so and every inch had swabs taken.

WDYS, eat them; those bananas came from South America or Central America....

Just google it and you will have a lot of reading material.

I can see how you want to handle the situation, just go in and tell the patient, "well we don't have anything that is a complete cure, so your on your own, oh yeh, you have a 50/50 chance of making it, if your lucky, I'll come back and see you in a couple weeks, you may or may not be here. Good luck!"

pulling a classic move - "just go google it" without giving me any specific sources.

time to move on. you believe what you want and that's that.

I'm still eating banana because of medical condition and I only take banana from Central America and South America.

I don't buy bananas from Chiquita because of terrorism ties. A second in command thug from terrorism organization in Colombia publicly had named Del Monte and Dole made regular payments to his terrorism organization, Of course, Dole and Del Monte denied it. Latin America media is aware of it.

Luckily, bananas I usually purchase is from Mexico. Sometimes, I eat plantains. You could try and cook plantain. Plantain is more nutritious like Vitamin A and C than regular banana.

I just heard on the news that when Thomas Eric Duncan was being treated all the bedding etc he used was piled up in a room. :shock: This was on channel 7 in Boston . Now CDC is keeping an eyes on all the 75 people that cared for Thomas Eric Duncan . What a damn mess . CDC is trying to locate all the passengers that were on the plane with this new patient . There were over 100 people on the plane and now they're at risk of spreading Ebola. The federal government was thinking of pressing charges against
Thomas Eric Duncan for lying about his whereabouts while in Africa .

I have no idea if he actually lied. Can't get a straight story from source. Many different national and local sources reported different stories all over the media like someone from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital called to ask Thomas Duncan if he had social security number and he told her he didn't have one, because he was from Liberia. She started to ask more specific questions like if he was in contact with someone with Ebola in Liberia. She told him to come back to hospital.

If he lied, he shouldn't have come here.

A plane at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport carried an Ebola A plane at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport carried an Ebola patient, Frontier Airlines reports.

Ebola second nurse Amber Vinson, 29, flew into Cleveland Hopkins International Airport Oct. 8 and out Oct. 13. The Akron Firestone High School alumni came to Akron to visit family, the Ohio Department of Health reports.

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2014/10/dallas_ebola_patient_should_no.html

Ebola workers should not flown!!!

I don't buy bananas from Chiquita because of terrorism ties. A second in command thug from terrorism organization in Colombia publicly had named Del Monte and Dole made regular payments to his terrorism organization, Of course, Dole and Del Monte denied it. Latin America media is aware of it.

Luckily, bananas I usually purchase is from Mexico. Sometimes, I eat plantains. You could try and cook plantain. Plantain is more nutritious like Vitamin A and C than regular banana.

I have no idea if he actually lied. Can't get a straight story from source. Many different national and local sources reported different stories all over the media like someone from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital called to ask Thomas Duncan if he had social security number and he told her he didn't have one, because he was from Liberia. She started to ask more specific questions like if he was in contact with someone with Ebola in Liberia. She told him to come back to hospital.

If he lied, he shouldn't have come here.

I'm Gallaudet student and have no access to kitchen.

Back