Second Ebola victim diagnoed in USA

I don't buy bananas from Chiquita because of terrorism ties. A second in command thug from terrorism organization in Colombia publicly had named Del Monte and Dole made regular payments to his terrorism organization, Of course, Dole and Del Monte denied it. Latin America media is aware of it.

Luckily, bananas I usually purchase is from Mexico. Sometimes, I eat plantains. You could try and cook plantain. Plantain is more nutritious like Vitamin A and C than regular banana.

I have no idea if he actually lied. Can't get a straight story from source. Many different national and local sources reported different stories all over the media like someone from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital called to ask Thomas Duncan if he had social security number and he told her he didn't have one, because he was from Liberia. She started to ask more specific questions like if he was in contact with someone with Ebola in Liberia. She told him to come back to hospital.

If he lied, he shouldn't have come here.

"Liberian authorities said Thursday they will prosecute Dallas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan when he returns home for allegedly lying on his airport departure screening questionnaire about whether he had had contact with a person infected with the virus"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent-thomas-duncan-airport-screening/16591753/

I to would be bit pissed off if I worked there...but got try keep it in proportion more people will die of malaria in a few days than ebola in a year

Exactly!!! Good to be informed and cautious, but your chances of dying from other diseases is far greater than dying from ebola.

As far as airlines cleaning their planes, it's a big joke. Those pull down trays seldom get cleaned.

Today I read in our local paper that there was some non-public emergency prepared-ness meeting among health and law official about Ebola protocols being into place here.

Exactly!!! Good to be informed and cautious, but your chances of dying from other diseases is far greater than dying from ebola.

As far as airlines cleaning their planes, it's a big joke. Those pull down trays seldom get cleaned.

I bet this is going to change the way health aides are trained now at least I hope it will.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CDC trucks.jpg
    CDC trucks.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 38
Flyer distributed by the City of Dallas
attachment.php

Attachments

• Dallas.jpg
    Dallas.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
I'm Gallaudet student and have no access to kitchen.

Ah, College lifestyle. Are you allowed to have a portable gas stove at your place? If so, you can cook it.

"Liberian authorities said Thursday they will prosecute Dallas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan when he returns home for allegedly lying on his airport departure screening questionnaire about whether he had had contact with a person infected with the virus"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent-thomas-duncan-airport-screening/16591753/

Well it states 'allegedly lying.' The article seems to imply that he may not know the woman had Ebola. We'll never know.

I don't think it is about that. The big concern is that one recovering from Ebola in isolation unit can be very expensive.

Doctors at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital said that they took care of Thomas Duncan cost $1,000 per hour.

NBC freelance cameraman had no insurance, and owned $500,000. I think he signed a waiver before he started his job. He did have travelers insurance, but the policy excluded catastrophic events or outbreaks. It cost over $150,000 for him to be moved to US from Africa. I just learned he is a dual Canadian citizen. I'm not sure why they didn't send him there. On the bright side, NBC agreed to pay his expenses.

My husband and I plan to go to Dallas to visit family for Christmas. I'm a bit anxious since I'm pregnant.

I'm not sure how can you be tested positive to being exposed to ebola and not have it..... that doesn't make any sense.

you either are infected or not. period.

Now on to #2, how do you explain people who test positive for TB, yet never had an active case of the disease?

no. no. no. there's no such thing as "tested positive for exposure". it's a wrong phrase to say. it makes no sense at all.

the correct question is "was she tested positive for Ebola?" - according to the article... the preliminary test came back positive... CDC will perform further testing to confirm the diagnosis.

I'm making it clear for everybody especially seb - if you are exposed to something... then it comes down to whether or not if you are infected. there's no such thing as tested positive/negative for exposure. we are all exposed to whatever - flu, chicken pox, cold, e. coli, etc on daily basis. the question is... are you infected or not?

This is where your missing it: you can test positive for exposure, but not be infected or get sick. People are exposed to things everyday but don't get sick, their immune system fights it off, but they would still test positive for exposure even though they don't get an active case.

Now on to #2, how do you explain people who test positive for TB, yet never had an active case of the disease?

Could you two guys start own thread to carry on this debate . It is getting very old. :roll:

First of all..... TB is not the same as Ebola. TB is a bacterial infection, Ebola is not. Apple-Orange.

Secondly... there are 2 tests - skin test and blood test. Your skin test can show that you got infected with TB but your blood test may show negative. you know what it's called? False-Positive. maybe. maybe not. That's why there is a blood test. And there are two types of TB - LTBI and TB Disease.

Lastly... there is a vaccine for TB and none for Ebola.

To think that TB case is same as Ebola case is beyond comprehension. Once you're exposed to Ebola virus... you're done for. good luck.

there's no such thing as "latent ebola virus". ok? get it in your head. Ebola is not the same as TB in ANY WAY. not a single thing.

since you're being so incredibly stubborn about this subject.... why don't you cite me any ONE CASE of "latent ebola virus" just like LTBI?

First of all..... TB is not the same as Ebola. TB is a bacterial infection, Ebola is not. Apple-Orange.

Secondly... there are 2 tests - skin test and blood test. Your skin test can show that you got infected with TB but your blood test may show negative. you know what it's called? False-Positive. maybe. maybe not. That's why there is a blood test. And there are two types of TB - LTBI and TB Disease.

To think that TB case is same as Ebola case is beyond comprehension. Once you're exposed to Ebola virus... you're done for. good luck.

there's no such thing as "latent ebola virus". ok? get it in your head. Ebola is not the same as TB in ANY WAY. not a single thing.

since you're being so incredibly stubborn about this subject.... why don't you cite me any ONE CASE of "latent ebola virus" just like LTBI?

oyvey.jpg

I thought 75% fatal....some education is well needed for the world...it do for me

What is happening to my posts , why are they being deleted ? that is very weird my post did not show up a minute ago

Two things, one, the vaccine is not regularly given in the US anymore and the vaccine does not always protect you from getting TB, thus healthcare workers and teachers have to be screened for it every couple years, if you get TB your only option is treatment, two, Ebola right now has about a 50% survival rate, so your not exactly done for. Who knows with convalescent serum the survival rate my go way up just as it did with the Argentine hemorrhagic fever. I'm done with the debate.

Back