Sean's Last Treatment

WBHarley said:
Reba According to the folder I got from his eye Doctor..

It is just eye muscle Surgery
This type of surgery is elective. It is routinely performed on an outpatient basis unless there is a medical reason to keep the patient in the Hospital the night before or the night after surgery..

Which is he won't stay... according to his Dr..

His Next Follow up will be on Feb 9th for BTC (brain tumor clinic).. then after that May..

Wendy
Hmmm...that sounds like the surgery my hubby had when he was a boy.

In my hubby's family, the eye muscle problem was inherited. He had it, his uncle had it, and his grandmother had it. His grandmother never had the surgery (it wasn't available in those days). His uncle had the surgery as an adult, so it wasn't too successful (he was too old). My hubby had the surgery when he was five years old, so it was more successful. That was in the 1950s. I am sure the surgery process is much better now, especially for children. It is wonderful how so much surgery is outpatient now.

WBHarley said:
He just Finish his very LAST Treatment of Chemo..

Radiation all finish end of Jan 2004, Start chemo March Until Today!

I am very thrill that it is all over, Now we only focus on Sean's eye surgery on March 31, 2005. And He will have every 3 months Follow up with BTC (Brain Tumor Clinic) to examine him to make sure they don't return etc..

This Summer we get chance to MOVE!!!!

Wendy

hey girl! since i just became active in here recently... i am sure there is a thread about sean in here somewhere??? on how he got a tumor and how this all started.. id love to read this from the start.. is that possible??

zesty said:
hey girl! since i just became active in here recently... i am sure there is a thread about sean in here somewhere??? on how he got a tumor and how this all started.. id love to read this from the start.. is that possible??

Zesty it wasn't create in here last year.. or 2... but I did know we had it at ********s which that forum was closed down I surely miss that forum..

But I can say this that Sean had Medulloblastoma..

We found out on Halloween 2003.. Let me see if I had a tread somewhere ?

Wendy

Zesty. I search. I don't see much but I did found 2 in begin..

Different forum on Nov. 16 -
My son is doing great. This coming wed he will have another surgery during day. We got to be there 8:30 AM for his surgery (more like 8:00 to arrive). He will have a port put in his chest, Spinal Tap and bone marrow biospy (bilateral hip) so they can do more test on my son's spinal fluid if it was spread or not. and also for his blood thru bone for the future. So, We know the hospitals and doctors are doing everything. The Dr asked for MRI for 3rd time two Wednesday ago it shows None in his brain has anymore tumors but their concern was if a little tiny piece of tumor fell off when they remove tumor may fell in spinal fluid so It is more safe that if they do Radiations and chemo to make sure it was all kills.. So I know many of people are concern about my son and me! of course both of us! next week We will go back to Boston again. Monday for meeting about his spinal tap and bone marrow result, Friday the 28th Back to Dr for his chemo plans. His radiations will be Everyday as in Mon to Fri not on weekend and holidays for 6 half weeks. Chemo plans will be once a week, if it is NOT spread out 4 weeks "break" after radiations were done for Chemo plans then Once a month 2 days stay in boston. If it spread out they won't take a break! I figure I would wait till I all information but I have feeling that's what they will be doing it anyway! so We all should know if its spread or not. yes it is malignant on Medulloblastoma and they still want to know if it s spread or not so we will wait and see.

then again

and Here in Nov 11th

I am back

Zesty I have more but I am still doing some typing etc.. but at sametime with having a year old baby Hmm busy mama here :)

Back