SCOTUS decision on Prop 8

I'm thrilled at the decision. It would have been a shame if it had come down the other way. Remember, it wasn't until the late 1960's that "black" people and "white" people could intermarry.

I'd say the positive for those who are against it, is that they won't be directly effected by this ruling.

I'm thrilled at the decision. It would have been a shame if it had come down the other way. Remember, it wasn't until the late 1960's that "black" people and "white" people could intermarry.

I'd say the positive for those who are against it, is that they won't be directly effected by this ruling.

There are lots of positives to this for people who are against it.

What do you mean?

You have to think outside of the box. There are too many things to list but gay marriage is highly exploitable as a wedge issue. By legalizing it the power shifts. Plus division is good and profitable. Gay marriage greatly increases the divide.

Mod note:

Threads has been merged.

Sorry for being late I was too busy doing the victory dance!!!! I'm so freaking happy!!! Jerry Brown (CA gov) is already taking actions to all CA counties to issue marriage licenses!!!

I was EXTREMELY surprised with the DOMA ruling! Also thrilled about CA...

SUPER EXCITED!!!

My girlfriend and I are now going to celebrate lol

It's sad news. Not unexpected but sad none the less.

Just another step closer to the brink.

It's sad news. Not unexpected but sad none the less.

Just another step closer to the brink.

Agreed. The country is lost and I don't think it will ever recover. I am hoping this will lead to a separation.

Yeah I m happy about things that does change. all of us are PEOPLE who have feeling, love and important.

Back