Schools to Stop teaching Cursive!

You lost your retractable Pilot pen and your Cross pen.

May I suggest a chain like the post office uses for their pens? :wave:

mockery! I AM NOT SENILE! :mad2:

Funny you should say that, my Cross pen stays in my purse with cording that is also tied to the inside of my purse. I know it isn't the best, but at least I have not lost this pen since I got it in 1981.
Thirty years? Yay for you.:wave:

Thirty years? Yay for you.:wave:

My father's that I have, he got back in the 70's I think or maybe before. I still have his and it is too think for me to use, but I keep it in it's box in the jewelry box.

This makes me sad. I keep imagining my elementary and middle school teachers at my Catholic school. I hope for their sake they didn't see this. Even if it's practical on the surface, I think it is necessary. I don't use Calculus daily...or ever for that matter lol.. but there are somethings in school we must learn to challenge ourselves.

You print your name? Why?

I was with someone who didn't know how to sign his name cursively on his card at DMV, and he got all kinds of grief. They said printing your name is not signing your name.

Each class session that I interpret requires the signatures of the instructor, the student, and me.

Signatures are much more individual than printed names.

Cursive signatures are harder to fake than printed. Forged signatures can be spotted by professionals who know how to read fakes (mostly how the person impressed the document- like a person who walks in dirt and someone knows the height and weight of the person). It's a skill-set that should be taught more as most jurisdictions don't allow forgery.

If I don't know who wrote the cursive - like a sticky note and it's short-hand, I end up tracking down the author.

I'd rather see typing, computer fundamentals and philosophy taught in high schools. Those helped me a lot in college the most.

I used to have horrible writing, printing or cursive, until I got into college and did my own note-taking. Before, I never really wrote-- used computers, and fell back on having a huge library of books at my disposal. Gosh, I had so many books in my room.

It's still horrid if I am nervous as heck though.

Maybe I am the odd one out.

Back