Schools to Stop teaching Cursive!

I can remember my third grade teacher telling us that cursive writing would be used throughout our entire high school careers... What a liar.

I use cursive writing all through school and in collage too! I still use it to write checks and sign my name .

:lol: Sorry I find it too funny. My gf writes in print when signing a form.

But you can't do when signing a will or other legal documents , it has to be your signature. I printed my name on my will by mistake and I had to do in my signature to make is legal!

But you can't do when signing a will or other legal documents , it has to be your signature. I printed my name on my will by mistake and I had to do in my signature to make is legal!

Printing your name technically could be your signature.

I could easily read all of the cursive examples. Thanks ADers! :ty:

Jiro, I noticed that you mix cursive and print together. Still, I had no problem reading your notes. :)

the print-style writing was a habit from engineering school :lol: and also I find it easier that way to write in hybrid form for notetaking purpose.

The first pix in my post - it's bit messy and inconsistent but that's what it looks like when I write fast with any regular pen. It's inconsistent (slanted, straight, wide, narrow, some letters look like something else, etc.) because I get a small spasm on top center of my hand if I write it consistently :roll:

That's why I'm looking for a good fountain pen. The amount of ink flowing out is right and the feel is right. When everything feels right, I can write it with ease and less effort... which means a more consistent writing style. Ball-pointed pen is bit hard on my hand. Gel pen spews out too much ink. I prefer needle-point pen - 0.5

Wrong ! Not when making a will! I change my will a few times and I have write it in cursive.

no it wouldn't matter because you will have a lawyer and/or anybody else as witness that can authenticate the validity of your will.

in fact - you can make a video will.

As mentioned earlier, many people don't sign in cursive. That is, if they wrote their name in cursive, and then signed their name, they would very often look different.

Right. If I am writing my name it doesn't look anything like my signature. For a good reason.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Jiro said:
I could easily read all of the cursive examples. Thanks ADers! :ty:

Jiro, I noticed that you mix cursive and print together. Still, I had no problem reading your notes. :)

the print-style writing was a habit from engineering school :lol: and also I find it easier that way to write in hybrid form for notetaking purpose.

The first pix in my post - it's bit messy and inconsistent but that's what it looks like when I write fast with any regular pen. It's inconsistent (slanted, straight, wide, narrow, some letters look like something else, etc.) because I get a small spasm on top center of my hand if I write it consistently :roll:

That's why I'm looking for a good fountain pen. The amount of ink flowing out is right and the feel is right. When everything feels right, I can write it with ease and less effort... which means a more consistent writing style. Ball-pointed pen is bit hard on my hand. Gel pen spews out too much ink. I prefer needle-point pen - 0.5

Like a sharpie pen?

Try the Cross website. I have a friend who purchased a fountain pen from them, and he gets all of his ink cartridges, etc. He bought me an ingraved one when I earned my doctorate, but I rarely use it. I'm afraid of loosing it.:giggle:

I have an engraved Cross fountain pen that my father got when he graduated and got his PHD's in German, English and Latin. I also have a Cross medium point ball point pen he got engraved with my name since I was the only child of his to go through commencement exercises. Oldest brother quit school, graduated from night school, no commencement. Other brother quit school and got his GED. I finished all 12 years and had commencement exercises. Parents were so proud.

Try the Cross website. I have a friend who purchased a fountain pen from them, and he gets all of his ink cartridges, etc. He bought me an ingraved one when I earned my doctorate, but I rarely use it. I'm afraid of loosing it.:giggle:

Cross pens? I had forgotten all about them. My family used to love Cross pens and I remember I found one in the sand at VA Beach. I don't dare trust me with Cross pens cuz I tend to lose them all the time. I wouldn't want to lose a $130 dollar pen. :P
My dad broke a pen that was a lot more costly than a Cross pen once though.

Cross fountain pen is what I lost before :mad2:

Cross pens? I had forgotten all about them. My family used to love Cross pens and I remember I found one in the sand at VA Beach. I don't dare trust me with Cross pens cuz I tend to lose them all the time. I wouldn't want to lose a $130 dollar pen. :P
My dad broke a pen that was a lot more costly than a Cross pen once though.

That is why I don't use mine very often. I am scared of loosing it!

You lost your retractable Pilot pen and your Cross pen.

May I suggest a chain like the post office uses for their pens? :wave:

Funny you should say that, my Cross pen stays in my purse with cording that is also tied to the inside of my purse. I know it isn't the best, but at least I have not lost this pen since I got it in 1981.

Back