Say Hey...new VRS?

deaf4ever

Reaction score
i hear rumors that sorenson close and file bankrupcy, so I have been researching other companies for backup. a friend told me about new vrs company that is starting up. it is say-hey.tv. i found out that the owners are deaf and want to make good vrs that supports deaf.

has anyone heard of this? you can use vp 200...you just type say-hey.tv into bar and it will connect you to interpreter to make calls. I am still rsearching, but if this is deaf owned i like supporting that.

does anyone suggest others?

another VRS?! come on!!! we got too many now.

Sorenson getting bankrupt? How'd that happen? :eek3:

i hear rumors that sorenson close and file bankrupcy, so I have been researching other companies for backup. a friend told me about new vrs company that is starting up. it is say-hey.tv. i found out that the owners are deaf and want to make good vrs that supports deaf.

has anyone heard of this? you can use vp 200...you just type say-hey.tv into bar and it will connect you to interpreter to make calls. I am still rsearching, but if this is deaf owned i like supporting that.

does anyone suggest others?

Sorenson will not bankruptcy until FCC increase the rates first.

Next time if u hear the rumor, put sources first. Thanks

Say-Hey VRS - very good

Yesterday, the Deaf owner of Say-Hey, Matt Idler, spent a half an hour chatting with my husband about what he wanted improved in relay services. My husband gave a lot of feedback. Matt then asked my husband to make a trial call through Say-Hey. He dialed say-hey.tv into our VP-200 and called me. As a hearing person I was impressed with the quality of the interpreter- he really got my husband's "voice" across. I have had bad experiences in the past and I think VRS users don't know how they can sometimes be poorly represented by the interpreters. So, I was pleased with Matt's selection of interpreters. My husband was also impressed to hear that Matt said he would have his own platform- he didn't know of another deaf owned company with that. They are going to launch in the fall I think and you can sign up at say-hey.com. All in all, it's very inspiring to see people, deaf or hearing, trying to do good things. :)

Sorenson will not bankruptcy until FCC increase the rates first.

Next time if u hear the rumor, put sources first. Thanks

i said at first that this was rumor. my friend work as vrs interpreter for sorenson and ceo sent email saying that if fcc lower rate so much that sorenson forced to bankrupcy. I say rumor because that friend told me about email...i did not see email myself.

I tried say-hey.tv and was impressed with their service. I like deaf owned company...good to support deaf owner.

i said at first that this was rumor. my friend work as vrs interpreter for sorenson and ceo sent email saying that if fcc lower rate so much that sorenson forced to bankrupcy. I say rumor because that friend told me about email...i did not see email myself.

I tried say-hey.tv and was impressed with their service. I like deaf owned company...good to support deaf owner.

Try convorelay.com; they are deaf-owned, too.

I wanted to take a moment to reply to the original post. I founded Say-Hey as a result of what I saw lacking in the VRS industry - a lack of ethics, quality, and innovation. I am bringing ethical practices, quality and innovation back with Say-Hey and am committed to being giving back what deaf and hard of hearing deserve. I myself am deaf and understand the challenges we all face and the communication needs-one size does not fit all. My intention is to bring the user different ways to access VRS.

At Say-Hey we also recognize giving back to the community--we are committed to supporting deaf owned businesses and organizations.

On the VRS side, we only employ certified interpreters and we have a screening process that involves different members of the team with various backgrounds to ensure that the interpreter has a certain level of signing and voice ability ( even through they are certified ).

We're small now, but we have big and great things coming. I would appreciate your support--give us a try. Dial Say-Hey.tv with any videophone or softphone device. Don't forget to sign up at say-hey.com to be notified of our website launch. I would also appreciate any feedback--contact me directly at matt@say-hey.com or VP 916-235-9818.

Best regards,
Matt

mattidler, don't paint all vrs companies with the same brush. Convorelay (100% deaf-owned) is a babe, too, and growing.

Sorenson going bankrupt? Pfft. They are filthy rich.

I wanted to take a moment to reply to the original post. I founded Say-Hey as a result of what I saw lacking in the VRS industry - a lack of ethics, quality, and innovation. I am bringing ethical practices, quality and innovation back with Say-Hey and am committed to being giving back what deaf and hard of hearing deserve. I myself am deaf and understand the challenges we all face and the communication needs-one size does not fit all. My intention is to bring the user different ways to access VRS.
Do you have a website? facebook ?

At Say-Hey we also recognize giving back to the community--we are committed to supporting deaf owned businesses and organizations.

On the VRS side, we only employ certified interpreters and we have a screening process that involves different members of the team with various backgrounds to ensure that the interpreter has a certain level of signing and voice ability ( even through they are certified ).

We're small now, but we have big and great things coming. I would appreciate your support--give us a try. Dial Say-Hey.tv with any videophone or softphone device. Don't forget to sign up at say-hey.com to be notified of our website launch. I would also appreciate any feedback--contact me directly at matt@say-hey.com or VP 916-235-9818.

Best regards,
Matt

Do you have a website ? facebook ?

so far FCC adjust the VRS rules... most of them make sense and wonder that how rest of VRS already abuse the fund? Not just Sorenson.. rest as well..

Wow, what a nice, fresh breath of air!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgdcSiEimHs]YouTube - Say Hey Interpreting Philosophy[/ame]

I see they have a Facebook group as well...

I see that link invalid but google up there and found it...

http://say-hey.com

They aren't RID or Interpreter... just contractor like rest another VRS expect Purple and Sorenson as so far...

found that dumb...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aBtmIAhduI&feature=related]YouTube - Add Say-Hey to your VP200 today![/ame]

it provide her own VP200 number right there.. :|

ah... another one.. P3 number [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17l2FZ1Zgo[/ame]

and other one....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GeqasSm4eU]YouTube - Call Say-Hey with your Z4[/ame]

I am just point those video because too many VRS and been abusing and what more??? :|

Also I think that enough... and ... found silly to use those as show their number. I am not going surprise rest VRS disabled their account without licence permit at the end screen.

Back