Say good bye to caps lock

How frustrating. people love having options. You are going to hear "where's the cap lock?"

another thing come in mind, people still need caplock for captioning. lower case letters aren't always easy to read.

How frustrating. people love having options. You are going to hear "where's the cap lock?"

another thing come in mind, people still need caplock for captioning. lower case letters aren't always easy to read.

or need use cap lock for all cap text in heading and side heading on business/academic reports.

Interesting .. the article did say that you can set up that key as a caps lock, though (by changing some settings.)

people still going to hit that key. it probably interrupt their typing, but who knows?

A few months ago, I was watching one of my older friends typing and she actually hit the caps key every time she capitalizes something. I said "You do know that if you hold the SHIFT key down and press a letter, it becomes capitalized..." She looked at me and said "........... damn. I did NOT know that." Hahaha..

Hopefully this will not screw up people who aren't aware of the capabilities of SHIFT.....

Well maybe this won't go over well, major businesses and corporations are still going to need proper capitalization and grammar in typed reports. We were taught this in school, we should be utilizing it. If it is a casual email between friends then who cares if your capitalization is correct or not. However, if you are emailing a report to your boss, you had better bet your bippy that it needs to be 100% grammatically correct.

I am all for keeping the Caps key but perhaps we need to move it to the other side of the keyboard where scroll lock currently sits. I don't know of anyone that uses the scroll lock key anymore.

I can HOLD SHIFT AND CONTINUE TYPING AS NORMAL at the same time, so NOT A BIG DEAL for me.

When I got the new laptop earlier this year, and I was about to press the home button however I couldn't find it, WHERE IS THE BLOODY HOME BUTTON!?

When I got the new laptop earlier this year, and I was about to press the home button however I couldn't find it, WHERE IS THE BLOODY HOME BUTTON!?

I don't know, I don't have it on mine either. Maybe it is a Gateway thing?

Personally, I can count one one hand the times I have actually needed to use caps lock. Maybe if I feel the need to shout at someone over the internet?

I actually set my computer to swap the ctrl and caps lock keys since I use ctrl way more often.

use the FN button. HOME button is in dark color font - right side. look carefully.

I know this is an old thread but I've been researching something that made me think of this.

Suppose someone has use of only one hand/arm; how do they type uppercase (without a caps lock) and how do they use the fn key? Can they get specialized keyboards? :hmm:

I know this is an old thread but I've been researching something that made me think of this.

Suppose someone has use of only one hand/arm; how do they type uppercase (without a caps lock) and how do they use the fn key? Can they get specialized keyboards? :hmm:

1. Get a smaller keyboard so that it's easy to reach both keys with one hand
2. Use a keyboard program which is already preinstalled in Windows
3. voice-activated

1. Get a smaller keyboard so that it's easy to reach both keys with one hand
2. Use a keyboard program which is already preinstalled in Windows
3. voice-activated

there is also the sticky keys feature!

Back