S.S.D.I payments faces 19% cuts in 2016. How will you prepare?

Isn't food stamp usually for low income families who aren't homeless and they got housing?

Most cheaper housings are outside of public transportation zone nowadays.

I have heard of homeless people getting food stamps , I knew of one guy gave his address of the bridge he slept under . They can use a homeless shelter too. I once called a homeless shelter for a homeless guy in my city. There was no room and I was told they have more people there they have room for. The guy had an infection on his leg and I also called city health department and Good Will and the woman from Goodwill said he can walk to their office ! I told no he can't , the guy was found lying on he ground and lost his foot. :( No one would believe when I said how bad of he was.

http://frac.org/federal-foodnutriti...-rights-under-the-snapsnapfood-stamp-program/

I have heard of homeless people getting food stamps ….
I guess the rules have changed. It used to be that you couldn't get food stamps unless you had an address and kitchen facilities for food preparation. I think it used to be a stricter program.

I guess the rules have changed. It used to be that you couldn't get food stamps unless you had an address and kitchen facilities for food preparation. I think it used to be a stricter program.

Also, food stamp has work requirement.

I believe that welfare supposed to be temporary, not permanent for healthy, able-bodied adults.

Same here I heard the same thing so I was surprised when I heard about the homeless man using under a bridge as his address, but that was were he was living. I met another guy who just become homeless and it was in the winter and he said he was living under a bridge in a tent and it was very cold. I only saw him that one time , so I am hoping to was able to get help and get another job. His clothes were very clean so he wasn't homeless for long .

Back