S.S.D.I payments faces 19% cuts in 2016. How will you prepare?

JillyBean.MI

Reaction score
I'm a little freaked out as how I will afford to pay my bills. Luckily, my phone contract ends early next year. I know one Deaf dude don't even use a phone to communicate but uses his IPad. Because of where I live in a rural area, I must use Verison.

I spend very little as it is on fun things like going out to eat or bowling.

I thought about looking into jobs. I have been out of the workforce several years and with a highschool education, there's only so much I can do.

Far as my hearing goes, I'm Deaf in 1 ear and moderately HoH in the other ear

I guess people will have cut back on things like internet service and eating every other day while our government giving themselves cost of living increase all the time!

I'm a little freaked out as how I will afford to pay my bills. Luckily, my phone contract ends early next year. I know one Deaf dude don't even use a phone to communicate but uses his IPad. Because of where I live in a rural area, I must use Verison.

I spend very little as it is on fun things like going out to eat or bowling.

I thought about looking into jobs. I have been out of the workforce several years and with a highschool education, there's only so much I can do.

Far as my hearing goes, I'm Deaf in 1 ear and moderately HoH in the other ear

Yea, not much out there for people with a high school diploma like back in the 50s. Hell, I have a Master's and it is not quick and easy to land jobs. The competition is fierce.

No, it wasn't false rumor, it was in fact on the table for potential 20% cuts next year until couple weeks ago where government signed budget agreement that took that 20% proposal cuts off the table... for now. It said should last til year 2020

That what Im talking about
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...es-shrug-budget-deal_562fee63e4b0c66bae59fd2c
Well in general, its false because they arent cutting it.
Yes it was on the table and it got scraped, I believe they will be cutting other stuff like food stamps and the such but not ssdi from what Ive seen/heard. I also think Ive seen it somewhere that only those who never worked and get the free hand outs are the ones getting the cuts but those who worked will still get their full benefits, Im not saying im correct as I dont remember exactly and cant find that article but I remember reading this somewhere.

No, it is delayed until after 2020.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/budget-deal-near_562ecf9ee4b00aa54a4af738

The congress resolved the issue but that's short term - last 5 years.
it will then be pulled out of another funding because the elections are rounding and the people are starting to wise up....
This isnt aprivlage as the WORKING people have funded this, its OUR money, not the governments money, and the low lifes (those who never or refuses to work) sucking it away from us, thats where things are going to start getting cut. Those who are unable to work due to medical or genetic issues is understandable, but those who just want a free handout... nope, GTFO !

it will then be pulled out of another funding because the elections are rounding and the people are starting to wise up....
This isnt aprivlage as the WORKING people have funded this, its OUR money, not the governments money, and the low lifes (those who never or refuses to work) sucking it away from us, thats where things are going to start getting cut. Those who are unable to work due to medical or genetic issues is understandable, but those who just want a free handout... nope, GTFO !

I'm sure that most low lifes work at fast food and low paying jobs.

It isn't easy to get welfare after big reform in 90s and they eliminated many recipients so forced them to work or homeless.

There is less welfare today than in 1995.

I'm sure that most low lifes work at fast food and low paying jobs.

It isn't easy to get welfare after big reform in 90s and they eliminated many recipients so forced them to work or homeless.

There is less welfare today than in 1995.
Believe me, theyve found ways around it...and these lowlifes dont work...never have.

Believe me, theyve found ways around it...and these lowlifes dont work...never have.

If it is criminals and the jail/prison are new handout for them.

It is hard to get welfare nowadays, also food stamp in most states require you have a job, Section 8 ran out of money and long wait list, and TANF has strict criteria - hard to get one unless you are mother with child and they only last for 5 years.

Many people got into drug dealing and they make a lot of money from drugs over government assistance.

Last edited:
and have you seen they got away from the coupon book to the EBT card, and still people are buying drugs with it..... theres ways around everything.
its abuse of the system 100%

Let me say this, even if they stopped issuing the cards and people had to go directly to the government to get their food in a package, they would still get drugs right outside the door. How, they will sell those groceries that their friends want and get the drugs as usual, except they have to do a little more leg work to get them.... it will never end.

right now they sell $100 worth of food/stamps for $50... just to make it attractive...

and have you seen they got away from the coupon book to the EBT card, and still people are buying drugs with it..... theres ways around everything.
its abuse of the system 100%

Let me say this, even if they stopped issuing the cards and people had to go directly to the government to get their food in a package, they would still get drugs right outside the door. How, they will sell those groceries that their friends want and get the drugs as usual, except they have to do a little more leg work to get them.... it will never end.

right now they sell $100 worth of food/stamps for $50... just to make it attractive...
Maybe we need to go back to the days of the soup kitchen. If you wanted to eat, you had to show up where the cooked food was being served and eat it on site.

Maybe we need to go back to the days of the soup kitchen. If you wanted to eat, you had to show up where the cooked food was being served and eat it on site.
Theyd still get their drug money.

* Hey meet me at XXXX, give me the stuff, Ill get you in the door and walla !

Im sure they'd get past that too... it never fails ( even illegals and the dead are voting now )

Theyd still get their drug money.

* Hey meet me at XXXX, give me the stuff, Ill get you in the door and walla !

Im sure they'd get past that too... it never fails ( even illegals and the dead are voting now )

Even though your correct on this one, but the number of them doing so shrinks to the point of minimize the possible of abuse if required show up at soup kitchen eat there.

Back