Rush is moving to Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
curious - does it make me elitist if I give a scornful look at people who claim to be a proud patriotic citizen with flag hanging out of their front porch.... and not know basic American history?

I wouldn't call that elitist....but I would say it is possible to love your country and it's freedom without knowing The Monroe Doctrine or The Federalist papers

I wouldn't call that elitist....but I would say it is possible to love your country and it's freedom without knowing The Monroe Doctrine or The Federalist papers

I know who he is referring to.

He meant people who didn't know how the American Revolution unfolded.

The last I checked this thread had nothing to do with love of country. It is more about having correct information in your arsenal.

The last I checked this thread had nothing to do with love of country. It is more about having correct information in your arsenal.

Jiro asked a question about the Flag and US History.....Maybe you missed that

No I don't want to see his ratings go down or up because I don't care about it.

but if your political decision is influenced by Limbaugh... and if you wish the majority of voters' decisions are influenced by Limbaugh....

uh-oh............................. better make Part II thread

How can I be "influenced" when I already agree and have the same kind of philosophy and thinking as him in the first place? Not just him but others in the radio and media business as well? Including politicians that I like and agree with (or disagree in this case on some issues).

I know who he is referring to.

He meant people who didn't know how the American Revolution unfolded.

Ah.....I thought it was a hypothetical....:ty:

Just to make sure.....we won right???:lol:

How can I be "influenced" when I already agree and have the same kind of philosophy and thinking as him in the first place? Not just him but others in the radio and media business as well? Including politicians that I like and agree with (or disagree in this case on some issues).

So....you really don't know how influence occurs?

Damn straight we did. Washington beat the crap out of those Brits. We owe him our gratitude and the soldiers in helping set America on the course to freedom from tyranny.

Indeed, Txgolf. He's number one on the radio. Not bad for a deaf guy who has a contract worth $400 million dollars. Like he needs to move. Dream on, folks. It was bad enough when people in here were actually wishing him death or bad health. Not a good thing.

He is just popular to anyone who is ultra conservative and right wing fanatic like you.

Rush is just plain loser so go have date with him at Burger King.

I couldn't tell you if I agree with him or not.....I haven't been able to hear the radio in years...... Most likely I agree sometimes and disagree sometimes....Just like every other person I have ever met or listened too

Which one of Rush's programs did that come from?:lol: You really should cite.

He is just popular to anyone who is ultra conservative and right wing fanatic like you.

Rush is just plain loser so go have date with him at Burger King.

He's a conservative, not an ultra one.

Why are you attacking me?

You are just brainwashed by Rush so said enough.

I couldn't tell you if I agree with him or not.....I haven't been able to hear the radio in years...... Most likely I agree sometimes and disagree sometimes....Just like every other person I have ever met or listened too

Radio transcripts of his show everyday. So, it's a plus for those who cannot hear or missed the show. There are some things I would disagree with but for the most part he's spot on on a lot of things.

Conservatism occurs on a continuum. Rush definately falls into the ultra end of the spectrum.

Don't get all defensive. No one is attacking you. Unless you are confused about where your identity ends and Rush's begins.

Damn straight we did. Washington beat the crap out of those Brits. We owe him our gratitude and the soldiers in helping set America on the course to freedom from tyranny.

It is just history so UK is our friend today.

Yep... then Quebec kicked your ass in War of 1812. ;) Kidding! I know 1812 is disputed upon; and is irrelevant to the founding of America.

But yeah... Jiro was referring to those American citizens who only want to see one kind of government (all-conservative or all-liberal) and claim they're patriotic for not questioning their party platform.

He's a conservative, not an ultra one.

Why are you attacking me?

No, he is ultra conservative, even plain conservative would be Scott Brown so not fit in category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back