Rumors about IPHONE 4G????

Read the notes on your link..

The test is flawed and there are many variables that can effect the test like the processor speed of the phone which can render the browser slow on many phone.

They can recieve data fast but the phone browser draw and render it slow also some phone provider cache their data on their system to make it look like it coming fast.

They need to test it tethered with same laptop each time for a more effcitive test.

Verizon and Spirit 3G is EVDO and EVDO top speed is 2.4 Mbytes

AT&T and Tmobile 3G is HSPA and HSPA top speed is 7.2 Mbytes.

Tmobile have a very few 3G coverage in USA.

iPhone 3GS's cpu is 833mhz but underclock to 600mhz and Verizon Droil's cpu is 600mhz but underclock to 550Mhz. The note about the processor is pointless.

Found the processor from the links:
Motorola Droid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They need to test it tethered with same laptop each time for a more effcitive test.

I am agreed with you.

Chevy57 (AT&T) and Foxrac (Verizon)! Post your speedtest.net at here from your tethered.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

Yes, T-Mobile 3G is faster than AT&T. I saw my Purple customer s own T-Mobile G1 last Saturday when worked to set up new netbook. I had tested for PurpleMail message. PurpleMail video compatible with G1 which having Windows media player. not QT player. It can compatible with my iPhone. He dislike T-mobile G1 and consider to buy iPhone.

T-mobile 3G is tiny coverage and speed will slow down when coverage is grow up. Tiny coverage = Less traffic.

iPhone 3GS's cpu is 833mhz but underclock to 600mhz and Verizon Droil's cpu is 600mhz but underclock to 550Mhz. The note about the processor is pointless.

I am agreed with you.

Chevy57 (AT&T) and Foxrac (Verizon)! Post your speedtest.net at here from your tethered.

iPhone 3GS - 3G Network
Download speed - 650 Kbps.
Upload speed - 358 kbps

Avg. download - 1,429 Kbps.
Avg. upload - 190 Kbps.

Rumor said that iPhone 4G is dual-core processor. But I will wait to hear about it tomorrow.

Not when iPhone OS is more bloated than Andriod OS :D

To add ....

iPhone speed may been capped at 1.4 Mbytes too ..

Read your wiki
The iPhone 3G has a maximum download rate of 1.4 Mbps in the United States.[116] Furthermore, files downloaded over cellular networks must be smaller than 10 MB. Larger files, often email attachments or podcasts, must be downloaded over Wi-Fi (which has no file size limits). If Wi-Fi is unavailable, one workaround is to open the files directly in Safari.[117]

Droid probably not capped and can get the full 3G speed.

iPhone 3GS - 3G Network
Download speed - 650 Kbps.
Upload speed - 358 kbps

Avg. download - 1,429 Kbps.
Avg. upload - 190 Kbps.

Rumor said that iPhone 4G is dual-core processor. But I will wait to hear about it tomorrow.

Is a dual-core processor better? How? Speed? What else? Let's hope that happens.

To add ....

Driod probably not capped and can get the full 3G speed.

Why would they cap speed? Computer dummy here.

Why would they cap speed? Computer dummy here.

No idea but my best guess is

Either AT&T were worried that their network couldn't handle the number of iPhone sold in USA or AT&T want to charge a higher rate for higher bandwidth in the future.

Is a dual-core processor better? How? Speed? What else? Let's hope that happens.
Apple will announce new iphone and itablet or more in starting tomorrow at 1 pm Eastern Time.

Cingular 8525 Windows Mobile tethered to netbook speed result on AT&T 3G.

Cingular 8525 is old 3G phone and have HSDPA 1.8 so it won't go more than 1.8Mbps

Down - 1406 kbps
Up - 348 kbps

I have use P3 and play World of Warcraft (other laptop) tethered to 8525 before and during slow hours it will work so so.

Not bad for an old fart phone :D

To add ....

Read your wiki

Droid probably not capped and can get the full 3G speed.

Then why you bring up about the processor in first place?

Then why you bring up about the processor in first place?

Because Safari browser still can be more bloated than Andriod browser and take most of the iPhone processor power to render the webpage

My 8525 have 400mhz and it take forever to load alldeaf.com webpage in phone on a 3G but tethered to my netbook it load quick because all it doing is passing data through and netbook is doing all the work rendering the website in the browser.

Because Safari browser still can be more bloated than Andriod browser and take most of the iPhone processor power to render the webpage

My 8525 have 400mhz and it take forever to load alldeaf.com webpage in phone on a 3G but tethered to my netbook it load quick because all it doing is passing data through and netbook is doing all the work rendering the website in the browser.

Then why Verizon droid is quick than iPhone 3GS?

I read AT&T announce about invest $2 billion invest. So, AT&T has to take test for 4G. AT&T are not set up yet. But they are going to take test for 4G. Till will be next year. But Verizon already had 4G. Geez! Well, this year still same as 3G. T-Mobile going to process to grow as slow. They have some 3G right now. But not set up for all yet. They will grow more this year. Keep look at T-Mobile map can help you find 3G.

4G is more faster than 3G.

Back