Rude City Bus Drivers or bad bus riding experince

This morning when I got on bus near my home...

I flagged for bus, and got on bus, then the mean driver yelled @ me, I told him I'M DEAF!! (Point @ my ears) he kept on yelled then I walked away, somehow he grabbed my arm so I managed to get away and sat futher, he was still yelling @ me, I gestured "relax, chill!!", he kept on yelling @ me angirly.. I got shake... I hate that ferk driver so I called mtc bus co, they said I need call customer service tmrw but I don't want, so I'm gonna stop by @ mtc booth to complain after work.... Hope they call supervisor on duty today.... I'm sure whole incident was caught on camera....

racheleggert said:
This morning when I got on bus near my home...

I flagged for bus, and got on bus, then the mean driver yelled @ me, I told him I'M DEAF!! (Point @ my ears) he kept on yelled then I walked away, somehow he grabbed my arm so I managed to get away and sat futher, he was still yelling @ me, I gestured "relax, chill!!", he kept on yelling @ me angirly.. I got shake... I hate that ferk driver so I called mtc bus co, they said I need call customer service tmrw but I don't want, so I'm gonna stop by @ mtc booth to complain after work.... Hope they call supervisor on duty today.... I'm sure whole incident was caught on camera....

Hi Rachel,

Did you catch a bus driver's badge number on the corner of windsheild? if the badge shows X88X, that mean he's broke the bus company policy so the onboard camera will see a bus driver badge number.

if you're at state fair, you can talk with transit supervisors (many supervisors on golf carts or standing by passegner pick up/drop off area gates (with route banners)).

Alway following to report of bus driver's behavior.. (have a pen and paper ready).
1: Time picked up
2: cross street intersections
3: Look at the fleet number (example fleet # on side of bus or near the wheelchair sticker on front).
4: Look at the badge number on windsheild.
5: call Customer Relations and tell them bus fleet # is onboard camera caught it - time picked up and etc.

As fact, I'm @ work right now and using sk2.... I'll go to MTC booth after work, and I'll report about that. It happened when I was picked up by my home... I only got fleet number and I know what time and number of bus.. So it would be sufficent infoation... I also will add the descprtion on what driver look like.. I hope he will get in trouble....
PowerWCRulez said:
Hi Rachel,

Did you catch a bus driver's badge number on the corner of windsheild? if the badge shows X88X, that mean he's broke the bus company policy so the onboard camera will see a bus driver badge number.

if you're at state fair, you can talk with transit supervisors (many supervisors on golf carts or standing by passegner pick up/drop off area gates (with route banners)).

Alway following to report of bus driver's behavior.. (have a pen and paper ready).
1: Time picked up
2: cross street intersections
3: Look at the fleet number (example fleet # on side of bus or near the wheelchair sticker on front).
4: Look at the badge number on windsheild.
5: call Customer Relations and tell them bus fleet # is onboard camera caught it - time picked up and etc.

i went through this on July 26, 2005 (YES, it was the 15th celebration of the ADA!) and I went on the campus bus at University of CT to go to an accessible camp for CT YLF, and the driver was very crabby when I reminded him that my wheelchair must be to be tied down under ADA Safety law. he gave a grumpy face and he did not understand anything about ADA! he slashed the portion of my wheelchair ON PURPOSE!

Here's update... I did went to MTC booth, they gave me ext number associated with ph # so I called and got to the supervisor, I explained everything... He said he would email my report to the customer service and will review the videptape when it is taken out of bus tonight and will contact me... I told him that the driver should apologize to me and be trained on how to deal with deaf riders, so he would pass that msg to them too... I'll keep you guys updated on what's happening after I hear from them....

few times I had to deal with rude bus drivers :roll: but I just ingore it.. but really glad I don't have to pay nothing since I got a bus card and I pay monthly that's about it but really sometimes bus drivers don't understand that I'm deaf but sometimes they go oh okay leave me alone after show them bus card heh. but like vampy said yeah they wud take a short break 5 to 10 mins then resume driving sometimes change bus driver at a desinatation.. :)

One time, I was on a bus to go from RIT to a store and the bus driver stopped near the store to let people go by in the front, then went by the bus stop without stopping. When I tried to have him stop, he went NO, so I got off at another store. Later I walked back to RIT so I won't be with that driver. It took some hours to get back, but I avoided needing to wait for the bus driver's break to be over. Some of them don't look up in mirrors to see if anybody haven't sat down or grabbed a pole yet, so when they start the bus, they'd almost make me fall. I saw one stop and go off to Dunking Donuts or something when somebody on the bus did too.
I like the other buses at RIT that go to RIT Inn because they stop and wait instead of shooting by if they don't see anyone right on the curb or in front of them. I'll need those buses because now I'm in RIT Inn.

I hear stories that bus drivers sometimes push the panic button on their dashboard when they see a pair of deaf people talking with each other thinking theyre fighting.

Richard

I agree with Richard.

I ride the city buses alot and some drivers do panic when they see two deaf people figthing in ASL.
I've seen them do that theme parks too.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

nozobo said:
you should had told the driver bastard and punch him while getting off the bus.

I'm a student at the University of Minnesota-Duluth and one day the driver made a remark to me that, "you are responsible for your service animal." Well, duh! I called the bus company and requested a driver-supervisor meet me up at the university. The company was apologetic and I didn't have to threaten to contact the Duluth News Tribune.

Incidentally, before I returned to college, I drove bus in Rochester, MN for one year. I've always helped all disabled folk, service dogs, hoh and the whole nine yards. Never did I get "crabby" with my passengers, there's no need for any driver for doing that or calling someone a bitch. I would have reported the driver. :nono:

I hear stories that bus drivers sometimes push the panic button on their dashboard when they see a pair of deaf people talking with each other thinking theyre fighting.

ROFLMFAO.
*Giggles*

catalyse said:

ROFLMFAO.
*Giggles*

You're kidding :confused: :dizzy: :roll:

Back