Rude City Bus Drivers or bad bus riding experince

racheleggert

Reaction score
D you use city bus? I wonder if you have experinced bad bus ride or rude bus drivers? It does happen to me sometimes...

I used to ride on city buses when I had no car for 6 months (explanation at other thread in AD: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=6863 ) I totally couldn't stand riding 'em since some would run a few minutes late, bus drivers stop at convenience stores to grab something with passengers inside the bus, no late-night bus runs in my old area (Chattanooga, TN), Drivers acting like jackasses. and going from Point A to Point B on different routes were a total PITA.

The frustrations associated with riding city buses were enough to get me back behind the wheel by buying a cheap piece of Junk car to drive around.....ACK!

I've been on city buses before... not exactly downtown type. It was more of a local city bus. In Texas, the main bus company is Dart. I've been on their buses and trains. They're pretty good.

Yes, I rode on a city bus to get downtown Cleveland...Goodness I couldn't find a seat and I had to stand up the whole half of the trip to downtown and It was on a HOT day!... :|

Yes, I have rode on the RTA Bus when my car broke down. Boy I wish I brought a Deodorant cuz some people smell like damn B O's. Next time I Went On the RTA Bus I brought it with me and started spraying the whole bus with my Deodorant arm pit spray and plus my air fresher and people were looking at me like what u doing? and I said u got a problem? well next time u on this bus take ur damn shower or bath.. boy you people stink! *laughing hard*

I always uses on MTA buses and many other regional buses.. even sometime on the University of Minnesota school-transit buses too.

I grew up ride RTD since i was 9 years old to go somewhere even school ... until recently i fed up with RTD and hate it very much !! otherwise sometime i don't have any choice but ride the bus once i am in the tight budget ... otherwise Thanks god that i get low fees for wide metro to ride (which is local,SkyRide(go to airport), light rail (eletric train ) and regional... u can check it out in www.rtd-denver.com u will see the varies prices for monthly pass but it only cost me 17 dollars a month cuz i work for goverment whew !! funny that my friends got mad at me cuz they have to pay allot of money with medicare as proof that they are deaf or disable. otherwise non disablity cost allot ...

i never forget way back in teenager times .. I did sit way back in the seat and the window used to be slide side and i do smoking ciggy or weed without being caught otherwise if i ever get caught then i would have been kick out and get cites for it ... but whew few close call... but now they are no longer have slide window as they have pull/push window at the top which is sucks !! i like slide window much better more cool and easy to smoke so i won't be suffer the craves lol ... also, I have seen once stabbed person on the RTD back in 85' which i have been witness and scare me to death !!! otherwise, that bad guy already caught ... and now all service have video cam ! ..

I rode on school bus all my life until age 16 I have my own car. :D I rode on Greyhound bus once for almost 2000 miles/30 hours ride. On one way from Denver, CO to Tulsa, OK. The bus was full and only two seats left in the whole bus. There are double seats in each row on both left and right sides. My seat on my left was EMPTY. I got to use two seats to sleep all night for almost 1000 miles. Everyone have to sleep by sit up. I laid down with two seats. I am lucky and spoiled! HEHE!!! :D

One day I rode on the city bus. The driver stopped at McDonald to grab for his lunch probably wait for 10 minutes then resume on rotute. :roll:

I remember one time I and my brother was going home from sleeping over at my other brother's, on one bus that drive through U of M campus, when I got on bus, the driver was so crabby, my brother overheard him calling me bitch... so later I got off, I gave the driver :fu: and he just drove away.. what a bastard...

illustrator said:
One day I rode on the city bus. The driver stopped at McDonald to grab for his lunch probably wait for 10 minutes then resume on rotute. :roll:
It happens sometimes. It's on their contract. They sometimes have to stop at specific locations and stay there for a specific amount of time. It happens here are RIT. They will have a stop where they stay for like 5 minutes so the driver will jump out to take a quick cigarette break. Heh!

racheleggert said:
I remember one time I and my brother was going home from sleeping over at my other brother's, on one bus that drive through U of M campus, when I got on bus, the driver was so crabby, my brother overheard him calling me bitch... so later I got off, I gave the driver :fu: and he just drove away.. what a bastard...

Good thing I can't hear if, they swears at me. LOL !! I am blessed for bein' deaf. *Whew* :wiggle:

VamPyroX said:
It happens sometimes. It's on their contract. They sometimes have to stop at specific locations and stay there for a specific amount of time. It happens here are RIT. They will have a stop where they stay for like 5 minutes so the driver will jump out to take a quick cigarette break. Heh!

Have you had any thoughts about taking over the driver's seat and drive off?
:rofl:

tekkmortal said:
Have you had any thoughts about taking over the driver's seat and drive off?
:rofl:

LOL.....Shades of the movie "Speed"

But I'm too chicken to do that.....Dont wanna end up Jailbird!

racheleggert said:

Oh boy! your brother should call MTA office to inform the supervisor, remmy which vehicle fleet nbr, routes and time of your bus leavings.

Hello Everyone. I had bad experince riding with city buses in Hawaii.. We had rude drivers or they never show up when they suppose too..... And Now I am riding buses here in California. Some Bus Drivers are very nice and understanding..... And I had a bad one in Hawaii. where the Driver makes you get off the bus.. Right in the middle of the highway where there is no bus stop they make you walk half the way... So I report to their supervior..

TweetyBird said:
no i havent use city bus before!!! i just curious ride there!

What? You never ridden a bus before? Have you ridden a train or subway before?

racheleggert said:
you should had told the driver bastard and punch him while getting off the bus.

my first experience riding RTD bus was when I was very young, ofc with teachers with groups of kids going to a event. When I got transfered to deaf school in other city, so had to ride Greyhound bus with other bunch of deaf students rented by deaf school every sunday and Fridays... hated it with various of smells! I tend to ride school van which arrive to point B from point A faster upon until my senior year. I bought a used car to drive back and forth and go anywhere I want to. After my motorcycle accident, I had to used my mom's car from home to near downtown about 15-20 min drive to a physical therapy, etc for couple weeks. Afterward, forced myself to ride RTD about 2 hour ahead of appointment time. when I got off my destination, had to walk 25 minutes to therapy due to back problem. Thank god for car I'm able to drive anywhere!

Back