Routers for VP-200????

Your half right, that router, older model before Cisco bought it works great with VP, then Cisco bought it and decided that protocol H.323 is not necessary and delete that from their lines of router. After that VP with the same model of router with Cisco version quit working! I have the same router, I love Linksys personally but never had luck with Linksys after Cisco bought it! I have contacted Linksys and the tech support said they don't think it is necessary and refused to offer any help!
Sorenson, Inc themselves have already contact Linksys and Linksys refused to help anyway.

I prefer Linksys. Too many problelms with D-link. I have vp-100 and use Linksys BEFSX41 which should work with VP-200 as well. I would stay away from anything wireless due to the high bandwidth requirements for streaming video not to mention security issues.

Wait! I think I am getting better picture now. Okay, what is Extender media player? Is it a specific machine that has its own IP address?

Again I don't mind PM and can discuss clear on what you have set up and what is missing out then I might be able to figure out. I think there is some sort of conflict here, but need info on what is Extender media player?

DHB

Yes, old linksys router does work with vp-100. When I got new linksys router and it does not work. I took it back and exchange to dlink router DI-624 wireless. Problem that my computer send movies to extender media player. It had weak and will not get clear picture. MUST have fast speed and really good connections. So I did get wireless MOMO and still not work with vp-100. It works great with extender media player. So i get it back DI-624 router again and it works great with vp-100, but not on extender media player. Damn it! Hopefully vp-200 will work with router MOMO or 802.11 N. I prayed for this. VP installer said try to get DLINK router, not other routers like linksys, netgear, etc.

So want me to test with that with vp-100 with new Dlink 802.11 N DIR 635, and if it works great both vp-100 and extender media player. So I can be more happy to have both work!!

Just digging out info about media extender... If this use same port that VP is using then you got problem! I have done little experiment recently and see that I can't assign same port to two different NAT IP addresses! I have done one more trick to get two VP running on same WAN IP address and never achieve this, and may have same problem as well. I even tried to force router to take same port on two different IP address and never had luck with it! (It return with dialog box with warning that can not have duplicate port #).

If this is the problem you are facing, the only work around is ask your ISP to assign you another WAN IP address. Generally they are 5 dollars a month extra, and that you need to get a switch and another router.

Just digging out info about media extender... If this use same port that VP is using then you got problem! I have done little experiment recently and see that I can't assign same port to two different NAT IP addresses! I have done one more trick to get two VP running on same WAN IP address and never achieve this, and may have same problem as well. I even tried to force router to take same port on two different IP address and never had luck with it! (It return with dialog box with warning that can not have duplicate port #).

If this is the problem you are facing, the only work around is ask your ISP to assign you another WAN IP address. Generally they are 5 dollars a month extra, and that you need to get a switch and another router.

It is nothing to do with IP. It is about getting good high resolution from my computer to extender media player like xbox 360. When i recieved status from xbox 360 that is pretty low. It shows what I need is 802.11a will work excellent. Not B or G. Dang! I went to get higher 802.11 a/b/g or MOMO. It does look great to watch HDTV. But wont work with VP-100. Damn it. I took it back and stick with old router dlink 624. I am going to try for DIR 635, but support B and G, still no A and it does look like di-624. I talked to vp installer that all new dlink routers should work with vp-100 and 200 by now.

Yea, I know I will have same answer as VP installer. Even though I am qualified to become an installer. What stops me is that my area got too much supply of people like me that is well qualified for. If I move 60 miles away, I won't have problem getting the position. I did had offer, and had to turn down because I am not interested to move anyway.
Whats more, because Dlink makes VP, even for Sorenson as well. They have better understand of VP hence makes better router to work with their product. Alot of things that is involved, Dlink is now the leader of VP!

I understand, and wish I could have figure out for you. This really interest me alot. If you still want, can PM or go on AIM and get more detail and maybe we can find a solution. I am doing this because I want to learn more. :-D

It is nothing to do with IP. It is about getting good high resolution from my computer to extender media player like xbox 360. When i recieved status from xbox 360 that is pretty low. I went to get higher 802.11 a/b/g or MOMO. It does look great. But wont work with VP-100. Damn it. I took it back and stick with old router dlink 624. I am going to try again for DIR 635 and it does look like di-624. I talked to vp installer that all new dlink routers should work with vp-100 and 200 by now.

I am going to check with that again.

Many routers should work with VP, only handful of them refused to cooperate with VP. Linksys, unfortunately one of them! :( I still have old Linksys router, quit using them long time ago. Until I get VP-200 I will try with that router and see how well it works.
VP-200 was suppose to solve several problems like this one.

I will get two VP-200 and gonna to do hard experiment using both on same WAN and see what happens.

I have NetGear Router. It works with VP-200.

Many routers should work with VP, only handful of them refused to cooperate with VP. Linksys, unfortunately one of them! :( I still have old Linksys router, quit using them long time ago. Until I get VP-200 I will try with that router and see how well it works.

I will get two VP-200 and gonna to do hard experiment using both on same WAN and see what happens.

Media Center Extender: Wireless home networking recommendations

It is about Windows Media PC works with Xbox 360. This is very interesting topic. Explain that why B and G wont do much for extender media player.

It is about Windows Media PC works with Xbox 360. This is very interesting topic. Explain that why B and G wont do much for extender media player.

Introducing 802.11a for better performance
The wireless 802.11a network provides the same throughput rate as 802.11g but does so at a different operating frequency. 802.11a operates on a frequency of 5.15 to 5.35GHz (versus the 2.4GHz frequency) which means there will be less interference from other appliances in and around your home. The lower the rate of interference on the frequency, the better the performance will be.

I have to find router 802.11 A will work with vp-100. There are not many routers with 802.11 A/B/G.

Very interesting, I can see huge benefit for wireless VP using that 802.11a Unfortunately that Linksys has been know not to be friendly with VP since the day Cisco bought that company.

How about this router? It might work well DWL-7100AP, because it is tri-band and may be your biggest advantage.

D-Link DWL-7100AP Tri-Mode Dualband 802.11a/b/g (2.4/5GHz) Wireless 108Mbps Access Point

Very interesting, I can see huge benefit for wireless VP using that 802.11a Unfortunately that Linksys has been know not to be friendly with VP since the day Cisco bought that company.

How about this router? It might work well DWL-7100AP, because it is tri-band and may be your biggest advantage.

D-Link DWL-7100AP Tri-Mode Dualband 802.11a/b/g (2.4/5GHz) Wireless 108Mbps Access Point

You are right about huge benefit for WIRELESS VP! With 802.11a and will see incredible video. No dots or lagging.

That is how I get those like dots or lagging on extender media center. I have to switch wired and wireless. I only have one wired from wall to VP. If I want to watch favorite show record from PC. I can watch extender and I have to take wired out from vp to extender.

That's annoying me for switching. LOL I thought about having switches. One wired go to switches with four ports. One port go to vp-100 and other port to extender media center. I have not try this.

Yea, the device I mentioned is just an access point, and you can use the same Dlink router and set up DMZ on that router. Should work well.

From my understand is that accesspoint got better security than built in router.

You are right about huge benefit for WIRELESS VP! With 802.11a and will see incredible video. No dots or lagging.

That is how I get those like dots or lagging on extender media center. I have to switch wired and wireless. I only have one wired from wall to VP. If I want to watch favorite show record from PC. I can watch extender and I have to take wired out from vp to extender.

That's annoying me for switching. LOL I thought about having switches. One wired go to switches with four ports. One port go to vp-100 and other port to extender media center. I have not try this.

I prefer Linksys. Too many problelms with D-link. I have vp-100 and use Linksys BEFSX41 which should work with VP-200 as well. I would stay away from anything wireless due to the high bandwidth requirements for streaming video not to mention security issues.

Hey How can you get that hooked up with the Linksys router. I did had it work before and now SORENSON took all the informations off from "SUPPORT" i was pissed off. I need the gateway etc... to hook up my linksys cuz I hate DLINK router! Since I still have my Linksys BESFr41 and was planning on get one more linkyss router to sack up for my stuff that require high speed like PS2 and more than 3 computers here... and now VP 100...

It does work router BEFSX41 w/ vp100 and vp200?

That router ***WITHOUT*** Cisco trademark and name on the bottom or the router yes, will work just fine. BUT if you see that "Cisco" with logo that looks like bridge, that ones, will NOT work at all.

That is part reason why Sorenson took that information off from their website. It s all due to the fact that Cisco, now the owner of Linksys REFUSED to cooperate with Sorenson and get that H.323 protocol back on their line. You see, Cisco refused to cooperate, why should Sorenson have the information about their router on sorenson's website? I agree with Sorenson's decision. Also, because of Cisco's stupidity I no longer endorse Linksys, and lost my loyality to Linksys.

It does work router BEFSX41 w/ vp100 and vp200?

That router ***WITHOUT*** Cisco trademark and name on the bottom or the router yes, will work just fine. BUT if you see that "Cisco" with logo that looks like bridge, that ones, will NOT work at all.

That is part reason why Sorenson took that information off from their website. It s all due to the fact that Cisco, now the owner of Linksys REFUSED to cooperate with Sorenson and get that H.323 protocol back on their line. You see, Cisco refused to cooperate, why should Sorenson have the information about their router on sorenson's website? I agree with Sorenson's decision. Also, because of Cisco's stupidity I no longer endorse Linksys, and lost my loyality to Linksys.

Yes correct!! i knew it! So far i use BEFSR41,V2-CA superbe working good, has no logo cisco! but for the today new cisco firmware!!!

I tested 300N setup, I notice this router much better today that CFG ROUTER can adjust by custom with cisco its working good receive/send call this super cool! but sometime not working, maybe due reason low negotiable between vp and router!! when i calland try 3 time its working smooth!! sometime one a time to call its work great...
If use with adapter WGA54AG it should be working with vp much better nego with 300n!!
BTW that alots money!

It is nothing to do with IP. It is about getting good high resolution from my computer to extender media player like xbox 360. When i recieved status from xbox 360 that is pretty low. It shows what I need is 802.11a will work excellent. Not B or G. Dang! I went to get higher 802.11 a/b/g or MOMO. It does look great to watch HDTV. But wont work with VP-100. Damn it. I took it back and stick with old router dlink 624. I am going to try for DIR 635, but support B and G, still no A and it does look like di-624. I talked to vp installer that all new dlink routers should work with vp-100 and 200 by now.

what about this one?:D-Link GamerLounge

oh here we goes again. two vp still not work on one router

qwerty123,

You know anything about the sonic bomb going off on Peak park last night?

Richard

Back